It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump making same mistake Bush did after Katrina!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Going was the right choice.

The things he said were as dumb as ever.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Yeah, he should be impeached for commending people on a GOOD job.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Singswithchickens
I just watched a CNN video on YouTube of Trump thanking a bunch of people around a large table. He was saying what a wonderful job they were all doing while conditions on the ground are horrible.

He was also thanking the Texas congressman that were present in the room.

Will this help or hurt Trump like it hurt GWB?

I think he went there and made these announcements way to soon
youtu.be...

They have done a wonderful job, they've rescued 3,000 people in a coordinated effort with blocked roads and terrible conditions.

Do you expect him to condemn them?

They don't control the weather.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

a reply to: BubbaJoe

Thats what the thread is about, the search and rescue is ongoing and Trump is praising 4 government officials for the wonderful job there doing plus as stated by other member's his own product placement and going on about rally sizes.

I wonder if his being there has hindered the search and rescue at all????

He should have done a flyover instead of making it about himself. Imo
I wonder how the people wanting to be rescued feel???

I am not a Trump fan, so I pretty much think he f'd up. He is bragging about the size of the crowd of hurricane survivors and rescuerers. Low life scumbag in my eyes

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
Nobody has had time to do anything yet. The Storm isn't even done yet.

This is the time when you tell everyone to roll up their sleeves because theirs work to do. Save the celebration for after you do something.

Such an offensive and ignorant comment, don't even know
how to address it except to say over 3000 people rescued
would disagree, and those who did the work wading through
dangerous waters, driving boats and vehicles.

edit on 29-8-2017 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Thats what the thread is about, the search and rescue is ongoing and Trump is praising 4 government officials for the wonderful job there doing plus as stated by other member's his own product placement and going on about rally sizes.

They probably didn't even know he was here and none of the rescues stopped for him. I have friend that has been going for 2 days rescuing people. She even got a perfect stranger to loan her his boat so she get to more than her truck would allow.

Go online and stream the local channels to this area. ABC13. KHOU are the two I watch and you will see what is happening and how everyone is stepping up to help each other. Stop watching the idiot national reporters who only want to make it sound super bad so they can get ratings.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: TXTriker

I just watched a CNN video on YouTube of Trump thanking a bunch of people around a large table. He was saying what a wonderful job they were all doing while conditions on the ground are horrible.

He was also thanking the Texas congressman that were present in the room.

Will this help or hurt Trump like it hurt GWB?

I think he went there and made these announcements way to soon
youtu.be...

The first problem is you are watching CNN. Everything is working as well as can be expected and thanking those that are doing the best they can is important at any point. Those are the people that will give him the level of briefing that he needs.

You all just need to stop politicizing this. For God's sake give it a rest.

CNN OMITTED THESE WORDS FROM PRESIDENT TRUMP:

"We want to be looked at in five years and ten years from now as 'This is the way to do it,'" he said at the Corpus Christi firehouse as dispatch calls came over an address system.

But he said it's too early to declare the relief efforts an unqualified success.

"We won’t say congratulations. We don’t want to do that," Trump told Texas Gov. Greg Abbott. "We’ll congratulate each other when it's all finished."

Source: www.usatoday.com...

Politics-101 for 2017: Always know that when you see a CNN story, you're probably not going to see the positive aspects of anything President Trump does. CNN hated Candidate Trump, and is now Angry and Butt-hurt that he's President Trump.

Haven't seen the CNN thing, but if those dams collaspe a whole lot of people are going to die, Abbot and Trump will live, lets see the congratulate each other then.

link   
a reply to: Singswithchickens

Considering that you just joined ATS 2 weeks ago, you're starting misleading, divisive threads awfully soon.

link   

I hope you are joking. Bush was crucified by the liberal media for doing the "fly-over", can you imagine what they would have done if Trump followed suit, it would have been reported as worse than Armageddon. Trump was in a tough spot politically, and he made the best of a terrible situation, there were always going to be haters that would criticize him no matter what he did.

link   

As Bush's flyover of Katrina was a media smear of 'dis-association' from
any action later-- what can one man do from up there ?
I'll give Trump a star for showing up on the ground with a windbreaker
when it was still saturated. Forget the press, bucket brigade the Avian.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Are the dams fatigued? I've heard about a levee being shored up, but no warnings about the dams. You know the sharks in the MSM would be all over that potential, if it was imminent, or likely.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

They probably didn't even know he was here and none of the rescues stopped for him. I have friend that has been going for 2 days rescuing people. She even got a perfect stranger to loan her his boat so she get to more than her truck would allow.

Go online and stream the local channels to this area. ABC13. KHOU are the two I watch and you will see what is happening and how everyone is stepping up to help each other. Stop watching the idiot national reporters who only want to make it sound super bad so they can get ratings.

Bro, I am fully aware of hurricanes, went through 3 in 6 weeks in 2004, one passed over my house as a Cat 5. Rural central FL, yes, all of the neighbors were out in the morning, helping each other out. This does not happen in urban areas. Same storm over Orlando, people calling the city, my neighborhood, we are cutting up trees.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie

President Trump did order Air Force One to fly over Houston today. Should we impeach him now, or later?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Are the dams fatigued? I've heard about a levee being shored up, but no warnings about the dams. You know the sharks in the MSM would be all over that potential, if it was imminent, or likely.

Two 1930's resevoirs west of houston, designed to protect downtown houston. the two that the controlled release was from. One has been breeched.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie

President Trump did order Air Force One to fly over Houston today. Should we impeach him now, or later?

Hadn't seen that, but if he ordered a flyover, will give him kudos

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Bro, I am fully aware of hurricanes, went through 3 in 6 weeks in 2004, one passed over my house as a Cat 5. Rural central FL, yes, all of the neighbors were out in the morning, helping each other out. This does not happen in urban areas. Same storm over Orlando, people calling the city, my neighborhood, we are cutting up trees.

Then you are obviously not watching what is happening here. You can't get much more urban than Houston and everyone is helping each other.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BubbaJoe

Two 1930's resevoirs west of houston, designed to protect downtown houston. the two that the controlled release was from. One has been breeched.

That is not true. The two reservoirs are working as designed. There has been no breach.

There was levee breach in another county that is mostly rural.
edit on 8/29/2017 by TXTriker because: clarification

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

That's the first I've heard of it.

No need to get offended or snippy about it.

I doubt the people at that table did any of it though. Or maybe one of them did. The rest seemed to be talking about "Loan Operations", "Insurance Coverage" and things like that for the most part.

Everyone is so uptight. All I'm saying is maybe save all the praising of each other for a little later down the road when things are looking up. But it sounded like a typical meeting as far as I can tell.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Singswithchickens

Considering that you just joined ATS 2 weeks ago, you're starting misleading, divisive threads awfully soon.

How long should I wait to post threads and give my opinion?

I assume you don't see the similarities between GWB and Trumps statements?
edit on 29-8-2017 by Singswithchickens because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The Houston Police alone recused over 3500 people.

Those at the table are "heads" overseeing
Operations. Goes without saying that
"Job well done" extends to all.

Can't blame Trump for 200 years of red tape.

Why save encouragement till later?
It's not like it costs anything!?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join