It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea just threatened Guam again

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
In relation to the recent missile that was launched over Japan the other day, Kim Jong-un had this to say:

“This ballistic rocket launch drill… is the first step in military operations on the Pacific Ocean conducted by our troops and will be a meaningful prelude to containing Guam Island,” the North's official KCNA news agency quoted Kim as saying.

Source

Am I wrong to read this as a threat? Does this sound like the typical North Korean rhetoric, or does this seem different? Trump can't let this go. I haven't heard any news of a response from him on the missile flying over Japan, and with this latest statement from Kim Jon-un, I'm waiting to see what happens. North Korea is really asking for it.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Truth be told, no one wants conflict there.

Sure we could defeat North Korea, then what? Does China or the South absorb them? That is economic suicide.

Kim dung-un just loves attention.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Trump should send a missile or bomb that wont blow up into lil' Kims front yard with a note attached to it saying the next one will be LIVE. i bet that would shut him up,

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Bombs away!!

You all know that little fatty is now emboldened by the fact Russia is flying regular patrols near the border right?

The one thing he is, is very politically astute. Basically he knows that if he hides behind the skirt of China and / or Russia he can do say and act how he wants.

The whole situation has gotten this far because of this policy. He will never stop until China and Russia make him. Or we do and end up fighting with two superpower nations we don't to.
edit on 29-8-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

For all i have read from members and news sources...
It seems to me that the best policy here is to simply ignore the little
man.

The situation is stalemate. Wait some more decades and see what happens.

Forcing a resolution here is the wrong action.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Talking smack seems to be all Kimmy has ever done. It's like his thing to keep his people cheering for him. They've been challenging the Evil America forever and it's just what NK does for propaganda reasons.

He knows he can't win any kind of actual war against us. I mean he can't even feed his people or provide them with electricity most of the time. They aren't up to the challenge.

But if he thinks he has what it takes to play at the big boys table, then let him actually strike Guam, or Japan or America. Or try anyway with an actual real attack and he'll find out real fast what happens.

But let's not fall for his threats which are plenty. Don't take his bait, because that's all he's doing. He's fishing. Let him actually make a move and see what happens.
edit on 29-8-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I would say that Lil' Kim is like a leaking pipe under your house. You have to fix it soon or it, not can, but will turn into a bigger problem.
edit on 29-8-2017 by 3daysgone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Statement from the White House.

The world has received North Korea’s latest message loud and clear: this regime has signaled its contempt for its neighbors, for all members of the United Nations, and for minimum standards of acceptable international behavior.

Threatening and destabilizing actions only increase the North Korean regime’s isolation in the region and among all nations of the world. All options are on the table.

(post by SR1TX removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Talking smack seems to be all Kimmy has ever done. It's like his thing to keep his people cheering for him. They've been challenging the Evil America forever and it's just what NK does for propaganda reasons.

He knows he can't win any kind of actual war against us. I mean he can't even feed his people or provide them with electricity most of the time. They aren't up to the challenge.

But if he thinks he has what it takes to play at the big boys table, then let him actually strike Guam, or Japan or America. Or try anyway with an actual real attack and he'll find out real fast what happens.

But let's not fall for his threats which are plenty. Don't take his bait, because that's all he's doing. He's fishing. Let him actually make a move and see what happens.

What do you have to say about NK firing a missle over Japan?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Carpet bomb the country with fuel air bombs. At least there wouldn't be any radiation to contend with.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: GraffikPleasure

What do you have to say about NK firing a missle over Japan?

It's not good at all. I'm not saying I agree with it one bit.

But has anyone found out why he did it??? Was it just another test??? A mistake??? An attack???

What has Japan done about it???

I mean if Kimmy wants to be part of the world stage, fine. That also means discussing with other world players about what your intentions are and being responsible for them.

To be a player means knowing the rules about what is allowed and what isn't and being responsible for when you break them. He seems to want to play with the big boys. So let him in the game, let him know the rules that everyone must follow and let him know what happens when you break them.

If he wants to be treated like an equal player, fine. But that also means all players must be playing the same game with the same rules. That goes for us as well. Until we also play by the rules we have for everyone else then we can't say sh*t about anyone else breaking them either.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

It wasn't an attack, or even an act of war as many people claim. The apogee puts it well above Japanese airspace. This was just to piss people off.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I have been against any action but I'm getting closer to the feeling this cockroach needs to be stamped out..

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It wasn't an attack, or even an act of war as many people claim. The apogee puts it well above Japanese airspace. This was just to piss people off.

In other words he's trying to get attention for some reason. Sounds like a place where diplomacy needs to happen rather than war.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

No one can seem to make it work. Every time we've made a deal with him, it doesn't last.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Still can't do anything.. I hope cooler heads prevail in the WH. Until they actually do something against the U.S., there is not much we can do. The U.N. should impose even harsher sanctions. 1 billion out of 3? Ok.. let's make it 2 billion out of 3. At some point, Kim will realize that having his entire country in squalor, and even he can't afford his cheeses and luxuries, is a time for him to stop trying to provoke everyone else.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Remember that red headed chick towards the end of Up in Smoke? She was just talking away and no one was listening to her. Gotta do that with Lil Kim.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
At some point one of two things will happen. Kim will either make a mistake and actually hit Guam or Japan.. at which point he will be toast, or he will have to stop.. because the lack of money will utterly ruin their country. I think the "Let's stop their nuke making ability" ship has probably sailed. Should have been dealt with a long time ago. Only now are they handing out the "harshest sanctions" on their country. Perhaps that should have occurred before they developed nukes.. ICBMs.. etc.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Do our deals have a stated result of what is supposed to happen if he breaks the deal??? If not then it needs one. If it has one then it needs to happen.

That's what playing by the rules means. But once again, it has to go the same for everyone playing.

If there is no consequence to breaking the deal, then expect it to be broken. If the consequence is something you're not willing to do should the deal be broken, then don't bother putting it in there and instead come up with something you can actually commit to doing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join