It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvey, now proof that AGW is real? Stupid GOP.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Damn it!! You got me there.

Nothing gets past you Cowboy!!

Unless of course.....they're wearing SnowShoes!!
edit on 29-8-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I thought it was reported that this storm was the type that occurs approx. every 500 years. 500 years ago, who lived along the Gulf Coast between Corpus Christi and Houston? The Karankawas. Who lives there now, and what have they been building and how have they been building?

There are 100-year flood plains, 500-year flood plains, and perhaps 1000 flood plains.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Wherever there is life, there is death. Wherever there is happiness, there is sadness. Wherever there is joy, there is pain. God creates. God destroys. There is nothing controversial about hurricanes. But technology will eventually allow man to defeat death, technology will eventually allow man to rid hurricanes.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tannerc

Why would we want to get rid of hurricanes. Hurricanes are like Mother Nature taking the pressure washer and cleaning up her space. Sometimes just a good vacuum suffices, or a nice heavy mopping. But now and again, you've got to get the power washer out!

Man is going to have to learn where and how to build to prevent their homes and businesses from being devastated. But, Mama Earth has to go through her natural cycles to stay healthy. We are the ones that need to learn how to work around it.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Hurricanes is a major source of water and works to balance temperature differences between the north and the south. Hurricanes are beneficial and indispensable.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tannerc

Exactly my point!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: tannerc
a reply to: queenofswords

Hurricanes is a major source of water and works to balance temperature differences between the north and the south. Hurricanes are beneficial and indispensable.

Texas knows.

How many are necessary for complete balance?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: DBCowboy

Damn it!! You got me there.

Nothing gets past you Cowboy!!

Unless of course.....they're wearing SnowShoes!!

Why would a snowflake wear snowshoes when snowshoes are made for stepping on snowflakes?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I wonder how many American cities have to be destroyed?

How many new flood walls/gates need to be constructed in Florida?

How long will the talking point of "I'm not a scientist,but" holds so much water???

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Because that was all he could find in his size.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

I believe the argument is that climate change contributes to severity. Not that it caused the hurricane.

www.theguardian.com...

Yeah those evil cows keep farting and making the weather worse. I think it's high time that someone sticks a cork in their butts so We can save the earth.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Singswithchickens

How long will the talking point of "I'm not a scientist,but" holds so much water???

Might be just after folks realize that with or without AGW, Climate change, mean weather, the seas have been rising since the ending of the last ice age. But don't listen to me, I'm not a scientist.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Sorry, next time I'll just say you were Triggered instead. Is that better???

I have heard a rumor that when you are about to say something stupid, it's better to just not say anything.
It's worth a shot.

So now it's stupid to point out when someone is a triggered snowflake, like you're being right now.

Funny how the rules change when the shoes on the other foot, huh?!?!?!

Maybe you should try taking your own advice.

Again, saying nothing is always an option. But then, you wouldn't get the last word and look like a hero to all the other basement dwellers.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Might be just after folks realize that with or without AGW, Climate change, mean weather, the seas have been rising since the ending of the last ice age. But don't listen to me, I'm not a scientist.

Actual Scientists are telling us that man is causing the earth to warm in an accelerated cycle, irregardless of any natural cycle we may or may not be in. We can do lot's of things to reduce greenhouse gasses and emissions which we know effect our climate. We can also do lot's of things to mitigate damage from storms like this one, by changing how and where we build.

The really funny thing is that everything that we could do to combat or engage climate change and it's effects is really good for the planet, our health and our economy. Except the carbon tax, we definitely don't need more taxes, but everything else is good.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Again, saying nothing is always an option. But then, you wouldn't get the last word and look like a hero to all the other basement dwellers.

No, unlike you I don't assume to have an audience to which I could be some kind of Hero. My ego isn't that out of hand. I do this purely for myself.

Also again, you might want to think about taking your own advice. You also have options.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Actual Scientists are telling us that man is causing the earth to warm in an accelerated cycle, irregardless of any natural cycle we may or may not be in. We can do lot's of things to reduce greenhouse gasses and emissions which we know effect our climate. We can also do lot's of things to mitigate damage from storms like this one, by changing how and where we build.

The really funny thing is that everything that we could do to combat or engage climate change and it's effects is really good for the planet, our health and our economy. Except the carbon tax, we definitely don't need more taxes, but everything else is good.

What if.....I really am not ready to fully invest in man caused warming, but I totally agree with everything you want to do? Does that still make me a denier and the enemy? It's comical that most (I'd wager) who don't believe in MMGW, still care about the environment, the planet, and the people who will inhabit it after us. But if we don't say the words, it's "denier!". I guess division is what they told us to do, so being the good sheep I am.....

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Network Dude, It would be nice if you adjusted your thread title to make it more descriptive, and easier to understand on first glance. You have 4 hours from the start of your thread to do so. Good luck, and thanks in advance!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Man made climate change may be something, but this isn't proof of it.

Man made climate change is a big something, but this isn't *necessarily* proof of it. Climate change may very well have contributed to the formation or continuation of the storm, but that's pretty difficult to prove. But let's not conflate the issues here - people have every right to "mock" anyone who denies climate change, regardless of its contribution to this specific storm.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I think hurricanes are refreshing. Americans don't have wars. They are turning into sissies. They least they can put up with are a few hurricanes. Smuh.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: ScepticScot

I believe the argument is that climate change contributes to severity. Not that it caused the hurricane.

www.theguardian.com...

Allow me to shoot that one down.
First there has been even stronger hurricanes way previous to this one . The problem with this one was the rain and the stalled hurricane. This was caused by a large high pressure front that was stationary in the path of Harvey.
Now , do you want to argue global warming on the high pressure vs.low pressure fronts ? You cant have both stemming from the same causation.

The fact that there was stronger hurricanes before does not invalidate the premise that climate change can make hurricanes more severe.

The article states that increasing moisture in the air caused by increased average temperatures make the affects of hurricanes worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join