It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvey, now proof that AGW is real? Stupid GOP.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

If so, China would pump more CO2 into the air to destroy America with hurricanes. China rules the world if America is finished.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: tannerc
a reply to: xuenchen

I stand corrected. There are thousands of homeless and vulnerable in Texas, especially along the coast where the Hispanic population is high. I bet not a single white man died.

Really?

That is a very disturbing statement.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

Harvey is not caused by CO2. There hasn't been a large hurricane for years. The Gulf of Mexico has produced large hurricanes for millions of years before there was man.

Harvey is caused by global warming,

Global Warming will cause some storms to be excessively powerful.

I didn't say anything about CO2, but I've read some scientific papers from actual scientists how say that CO2 has an effect. I'll probably believe them over you. No offence but I don't know your scientific credentials. maybe you are a scientist too. Do tell.

If Harvey is caused by Global Warming, please explain the storms that happened in the 1800's and before.

Making empirical statements like you just did without proof or even knowledge of the topic is not a good move.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I stand corrected. There are thousands of homeless and vulnerable in Texas, especially along the coast where the Hispanic population is high. I bet not a single white man died.

Unlike the eclipse, Harvey is not racist.

My God.

I thought I was nuts !!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Harvey is not caused by CO2. In the past before there was man, there were much larger hurricanes than Harvey.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

If CO2 does cause bigger hurricanes, China would pump more and more CO2 into the air to drown America. If America is finished, China rules the world.

Be afraid !!

They might find a way to do that in a joint enterprise with Russia !!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: network dude

I believe the argument is that climate change contributes to severity. Not that it caused the hurricane.

www.theguardian.com...

Allow me to shoot that one down.
First there has been even stronger hurricanes way previous to this one . The problem with this one was the rain and the stalled hurricane. This was caused by a large high pressure front that was stationary in the path of Harvey.
Now , do you want to argue global warming on the high pressure vs.low pressure fronts ? You cant have both stemming from the same causation.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: amazing

Harvey is not caused by CO2. There hasn't been a large hurricane for years. The Gulf of Mexico has produced large hurricanes for millions of years before there was man.

Harvey is caused by global warming,

Global Warming will cause some storms to be excessively powerful.

I didn't say anything about CO2, but I've read some scientific papers from actual scientists how say that CO2 has an effect. I'll probably believe them over you. No offence but I don't know your scientific credentials. maybe you are a scientist too. Do tell.

If Harvey is caused by Global Warming, please explain the storms that happened in the 1800's and before.

Making empirical statements like you just did without proof or even knowledge of the topic is not a good move.

If you read my post though, what I'm trying to say is that Global Warming will cause some of these storms and weather events to be stronger than before. Not all and not everyone. Some of it has to do with warmer ocean temps and a lot of other reasons. If you do some research you'll see that many, actual scientists hold this view. As the earth gets warmer we will see increase in catastrophic weather events. Those same scientists will also tell you that not every winter will be harsh, not every summer will be the hottest, not every hurricane season will be a whopper and not every storm will be severe.

Oh and just needed to add. There will always be some strong storms that have nothing to do with a warmer earth just as there have been before. We know that. We've always known that. Weather has a lot of contributing factors.
edit on 29-8-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Regardless of climate change, which will change, CO2 is very high and getting more and more. CO2 displaces oxygen and dumbs down society.

www.esrl.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Sorry, next time I'll just say you were Triggered instead. Is that better???

I have heard a rumor that when you are about to say something stupid, it's better to just not say anything.
It's worth a shot.

So now it's stupid to point out when someone is a triggered snowflake, like you're being right now.

Funny how the rules change when the shoes on the other foot, huh?!?!?!

Maybe you should try taking your own advice.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The big corporations got everyone depended on cars. Cars make CO2. CO2 eventually kills man. Gee. Wonder why there is no advanced life found by scientists? Because capitalism killed them all.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Regardless of climate change, which will change, CO2 is very high and getting more and more. CO2 displaces oxygen and dumbs down society.

www.esrl.noaa.gov...

What's the "danger level" for the CO2/IQ ratio ?

link   

Sorry, next time I'll just say you were Triggered instead. Is that better???

I have heard a rumor that when you are about to say something stupid, it's better to just not say anything.
It's worth a shot.

So now it's stupid to point out when someone is a triggered snowflake, like you're being right now.

Funny how the rules change when the shoes on the other foot, huh?!?!?!

Maybe you should try taking your own advice.

Snowflakes don't wear shoes. They're made of snow.

link   

No fixed threshold, but the more CO2, the less oxygen, the dumber is society.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

That must be true. AT least in American, look who we allowed as our two main Candidates. Trump and Hillary. That's the Hallmark of a really dumb society.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

my only issue with your post is why do you say "stupid GOP" ? Not getting that part of it

It's, more catchy monkey...they're all in that modus operandi.
Anyway the OP used AGW, another past acronym now even though it's still considered a human cause, so it should be called, Global warming But wait, just to confuse some people, many scientist think it shouldn't be called that either, so I think we are now at the current pet, Climate change, (that's because GW is wrong because it's not Global) now do you see...no? Okay then, so the next pet down the line will be Climate Swing...that's good...because, if you get a hurricane in Texas like Harvey, all you need to say is that it is Climate Swing..right! It's either that, or they will run out of titles or acronyms.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

In a few hundred years it'll be even worse.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

In a few hundred years it'll be even worse.

That would not be a few hundred years. That almost right now.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

That sounds so "science-y".

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Considering the etymology of the word 'Hurricane' traces the word back to it's origin in the Carib language (some attribute it to the Taino) as huracan, to describe these storms -- hurricanes (sure didn't change much, did it?) and eventually lent itself to the Mayans as the name of the storm, wind & fire god Hurakan, I'd say they've been going on far longer than we've been recording temps.

For extra etymology credit points, 'typhoon' originated centuries ago as 'tufan' and 'tai fung' in the East & ME.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join