It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvey, now proof that AGW is real? Stupid GOP.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Sorry, next time I'll just say you were Triggered instead. Is that better???

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
There were hurricanes before there was man. Even if there is no CO2 in the atmosphere, there would still be hurricanes.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: ScepticScot

So all you have is name calling? Got it debate won

Didn't call you a name. Said your post was stupid.

It is just a collection of ill informed science denying talk points that have no relavence to the OP.

link   

This article is dumb. Only 1 person died from Harvey, probably a homeless man. It's nowhere close to being deadly. Dozens get killed in Chicago by gangs every single week.

link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: mOjOm

Why did younleave out the darlings of the left who consider natural disasters as " punishment from allah"?

Islamic website in astonishing claim: Deadly Italy earthquake was ‘PUNISHMENT FROM ALLAH’

www.express.co.uk...

Well, that comes from an Islamic Website. Hardly a source that can be considered to represent the Left here in the US.

My example was dealing with US political figures. That's a big difference.

I've never seen a US Politician on the left claim the weather was because of Allah. But I've seen quite a few Republicans claim such things about God. That's why.

link   

originally posted by: tannerc
There were hurricanes before there was man. Even if there is no CO2 in the atmosphere, there would still be hurricanes.

Something that absolutely no one denies.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: tannerc

The article title is dumb (Guardian editors for you) I agree.

The rest is whataboutery.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

The Gulf of Mexico has broken all historical records highs for water temperatures this year.

Heat feeds Hurricanes. It makes the wind faster and the storm larger.

Do you have a link?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   
CO2 follows temperature. CO2 does not cause temperature. It is false CO2 causes hotter weather. It is true CO2 is bad for animals. If they want to argue against CO2, climate is the wrong way to go.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
BTW, CO2 increased quite a bit compared to last year.

www.esrl.noaa.gov...

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Would appear to me, that this level of flooding would have some sea level rise as a causality? I would think that climate change brought on this enormous rainfall. We know that as the climate changes, storm surges and storms will get worse or that there is a possibility of anomalous storms like this, with the chance only going up as the globe warms.

The smart people take steps to mitigate the damage. To do that you have to be able to talk about Climate change and what some possible effects are and try your best to come up with some models and take some action.

But the republicans amongst us in congress don't want to seem to do that. Weird.
edit on 29-8-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

This article is dumb. Only 1 person died from Harvey, probably a homeless man. It's nowhere close to being deadly. Dozens get killed in Chicago by gangs every single week.

I think the count is at 15 so far.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I stand corrected. There are thousands of homeless and vulnerable in Texas, especially along the coast where the Hispanic population is high. I bet not a single white man died.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Harvey is not caused by CO2. There hasn't been a large hurricane for years. The Gulf of Mexico has produced large hurricanes for millions of years before there was man.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I stand corrected. There are thousands of homeless and vulnerable in Texas, especially along the coast where the Hispanic population is high. I bet not a single white man died.

That's a horrible statement. I have some friends down there, all varieties, white, black, hispanic, asian etc. The flooding didn't seem to discriminate it got them all. Many can't travel without boat, stores are all closed, downstairs of their houses are all flooded.

I'm not sure what you were implying with that statement? This tropical storm, somehow miraculously only flooded hispanic homes? Weird.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If CO2 does cause bigger hurricanes, China would pump more and more CO2 into the air to drown America. If America is finished, China rules the world.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Serious dude?

I don't see the point of that comment, care to explain?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

a reply to: amazing

Harvey is not caused by CO2. There hasn't been a large hurricane for years. The Gulf of Mexico has produced large hurricanes for millions of years before there was man.

Harvey is caused by global warming,

Global Warming will cause some storms to be excessively powerful.

I didn't say anything about CO2, but I've read some scientific papers from actual scientists how say that CO2 has an effect. I'll probably believe them over you. No offence but I don't know your scientific credentials. maybe you are a scientist too. Do tell.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

If CO2 does cause bigger hurricanes, China would pump more and more CO2 into the air to drown America. If America is finished, China rules the world.

No they wouldn't. China wants our economy to be stable, because they make too much money off of us. Do some research.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: network dude

Sorry, next time I'll just say you were Triggered instead. Is that better???

I have heard a rumor that when you are about to say something stupid, it's better to just not say anything.
It's worth a shot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join