It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kidney Stone Treatment - Chanca Piedra - Worked for me

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I'm posting this in hopes that it may help someone else get cheap relief from kidney stones. As with any herbal medicine, results may vary and clinical research is hard to find. But this definitely worked for me.

A recent ultrasound showed that I had 3 kidney stones. a 5mm on the right side and 8.5mm and 7mm stones on the left. All had left the kidney and were stuck at the ureter/bladder boundary. Urologist said that there was no way I would pass the 8.5mm naturally and scheduled surgery.

I've had several kidney stones in the past and the latest one before this current episode required surgery and the associated week of pain from the stent they leave in between the kidney and bladder. I was not looking forward to that week of pain again. I had cut down on Oxalate consumption and had a good 7 year run without stones, but I eventually lost track of which foods had what amount of oxalate and believe that my diet once again contained high amounts of oxalates which formed these new stones. So I started doing a little more research and found Chanca Piedra, a South American plant who's name means "Stone Crusher"

I decided to push out the surgery date and give it a try. Boy was that the right decision!

After the first few days, the 5mm stone on the right side passed with no pain. A CT scan proved it was gone and confirmed the size of the others. It took another 5 weeks, using the recommended dosage of Chanca Piedra and the other two stones eventually came out as well. They weren't fun to pass naturally, the 8.5mm in particular was fairly painful exiting, but still nothing like the week long post-operation issues I had experienced before. A new ultrasound was taken a few days ago and confirmed that I am now stone free once again.

I will now use Chanca Piedra at the first sign of any kidney stones and would recommend it to my friends. The Urologist said she had not heard of it, but I think that doctors in general will not promote any herbal remedies. If word gets out about Chanca Piedra I think it would take a significant chunk of $ away from the urology industry. I realize that mine is only 1 data point, but there are many great reviews on WebMD, and other medical sites that have me convinced that this is a good remedy, at least for calcium-oxalate stones.

Above is my 'baby' picture of the 8.5mm stone next to a USA dime.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Queen of the Meadows tea worked for me.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: bluesjr

That is wonderful. Is this a Amazon purchase or do you get it from a local market?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Thanks. I had not heard of that so just looked it up.

Link

It appears to act like aspirin as a pain relief and anti-inflammatory medicine. Would come in handy during the passing stage. The Chanca Piedra is more of a dissolving agent which takes longer to act.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

That is wonderful. Is this a Amazon purchase or do you get it from a local market?

Amazon purchase. $20 and it showed up the next day. Quite a bit cheaper than surgery

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluesjr

originally posted by: Gothmog

Thanks. I had not heard of that so just looked it up.

Link

It appears to act like aspirin as a pain relief and anti-inflammatory medicine. Would come in handy during the passing stage. The Chanca Piedra is more of a dissolving agent which takes longer to act.

Yes. But Queen of the Meadows goes further than that. It is said to "purify the blood" . And (knocking on wood) I have not had any kidney problems since.And that was a LONG time ago .
The first 24 hours you drink it warm with no additions (tastes like warm mud)
The rest (one gallon) has to be all finished , but you can drink cold with sugar , lemon , whatever. (tastes ok then)
Old Native American herb

edit on 8/29/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Ouch, cringe, ouch ouch ouchies. Gahhhhh that is a beast of an object to pass. I know not your gender, but as a man that is an effing terrifying pic. Idk what gender, if any it is "easier" for, but regardless of that, You got major pain tolerance. Props to you.

Oh and thanks for the nightmares...

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine

Ouch, cringe, ouch ouch ouchies. Gahhhhh that is a beast of an object to pass. I know not your gender, but as a man that is an effing terrifying pic. Idk what gender, if any it is "easier" for, but regardless of that, You got major pain tolerance. Props to you.

Yep, male here too. One of the worst parts is when its halfway out but you run out of pee to push it, so its chug water and wait another hour

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: seaswine

Yep, male here too. One of the worst parts is when its halfway out but you run out of pee to push it, so its chug water and wait another hour

As the constant ice pic stabbing your pecker continues. Oh yes I know.. Drinking a shot of apple cider vinegar will help dissolve when they are close to passing. Us chronic stoners can tell. I am glad you found some help. Mine are jagged like arrows and much darker.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

I used to get a lot of kidney stones, but I had uric acid stones. I stopped getting stones after a urology doctor on call came into my hospital room and said "considering how many stones you've been getting, I would suggest you increase your allopurinol daily pill from 100mg to 300mgs. However, I don't want to over-rule your doctor."

Later that week I asked my urology doctor if he could increase my Allopurinol to 300mgs. He says "sure, no problem." (You would think he would have prescribed me 300mgs years ago!) Since then, I haven't had a stone, and this was 7 years ago! I give that on-call doctor all the credit for saving me from years of kidney stone pain. What a relief! As you already know kidney stones can be quite painful.

Cheers!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

I had uric acid stones.

You must increase pH of your urine. Uric acid and amorphous urates are insoluble in low pH (acidic) urine but dissolve in basic urine. Best is to address what make your urine acidic, medication, pulmonary disease, ...
If you have no disease, what you eat have a strong influence on the pH of your urine.

A pH of 6.5 is optimal for stone management. Don't go over 7, this is infection stones land (struvites)!

Urologist normaly prescribe potassium citrate to increase urine pH.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I take chanca piedra a few months each year and I take Stone Free daily. Also lemon or lime water is useful, avoid sodas... I have a friend who had stones and stopped drinking Pepsi daily and switched to ice tea at his doctors suggestion, none since. And for certain types of stones they have found a correlation between low magnesium levels and kidney stones.The studies showed supplements helped with most keeping the stones at bay. So if you don't have other health issues that would be adversely affected by magnesium supplements then that's probably a good thing too. Magnesium deficiency seems to be quite prevalent in society.

top topics

join