It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Low-fat diet could kill you, major study shows

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
A large study shows that eating low fat reduces life span. Wonder how or why we have been mislead into eating a carbo rich diet?

The Lancet study of 135,000 adults found those who cut back on fats had far shorter lives than those enjoying plenty of butter, cheese and meats.

Researchers said the study was at odds with repeated health advice to cut down on fats.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Our Friends in Europe are still being warned of the danger of eating saturated fat, but this goes against the latest research. Seems like the world has been mislead. Eating things like pizza, pasta, breads and cereals is not good, it raises blood glucose level and leads to obesity and worse.

The NHS cautions against having too much saturated fat, on the grounds it raises cholesterol levels, increasing the risk of heart disease.

But the latest research, presented at the European Society of Cardiology Congress, in Barcelona found those with low intake of saturated fat raised chances of early death by 13 per cent compared to those eating plenty.

Putting restrictions on carbo's and loosening the restrictions on saturated fats is what Dr Andrew Memte says his study is indicating. In other words do the opposite of the food pyramid. We have been lied to, and I have a feeling it is for the $$$$$.

Researcher Dr Andrew Mente, from McMaster University, said: “Our data suggests that low fat diets put populations at increased risk for cardiovascular disease.

“Loosening the restriction on total fat and saturated fat and imposing limits on carbohydrates when high to reduce intake to moderate levels would be optimal.”

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

It's not really carbs that kill people it's over indulging in them. I mean humans have been eating grain and what not consistently since the agricultural revolution.
Also, there have been many, many studies and personal experiments that show a high fat or paleo diet actually is more beneficial for heart disease and cholesterol.
The conspiracy behind the food world is that the sugar industry lobbied to make fatty meats and foods look bad for people.
Of course, on the fat end of the spectrum if you eat to much of that it can lead to obesity.

Bottom line is, live a active lifestyle, cut back on sugars, by A LOT and eat a healthy amount of saturated fat throughout the week, and make sure pretty much all your carbs come from fruits, veggies, and some grains.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

It's not really carbs that kill people it's over indulging in them. I mean humans have been eating grain and what not consistently since the agricultural revolution.

True, but American bread is called cake by foreigners because of how much sugar is added. Also corn here is pushed as a staple item but is relatively low in nutrition compared to other vegetables.

I think the moral of the story is eat simple food you can understand the ingredients on. If it's wholesomely prepared and is using quality natural ingredients, you should be fine.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Sugar will end up being like the tobacco law suits in the future, they know their product is very dangerous and are hiding it.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Sugar will end up being like the tobacco law suits in the future, they know their product is very dangerous and are hiding it.

One word : Stevia . Sugar without the sucrose.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

My motto is, anything between the fruit and veggie sections and the butchers section is for once in a while buy. If you look at anything that is sold in the aisles with a label, I can bet it's packed with carbs and sugar. Sadly, it's pretty much 90% of a grocery store now days.

A personal story of mine and my epiphany was I used to have a glass of apple juice with my breakfast, one day I didn't have time to make my breakfast, so I just chugged down some juice, and away I went. I was instantly hungry, and felt sick after.
I realized, what I just drank, was almost pure sugar with some water.
It's crazy to think how much sugar you can consume in a day without even knowing it.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

One word : Stevia . Sugar without the sucrose.

I'll stick with my regular sugar. I'm not big on sweets anyways, but something about modified food just makes me second guess it (I'm no health nut, but I'm talking big switches).

If I have a recipe that calls for margarine, I'll gladly use butter and know it's healthier.

Same for sugar vs alternatives.

While it may be true it's just sucrose free, it's hard to tell the long term effects of your body converting it to something else with different enzymes. It may turn into something completely different.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Have you checked out what is known as the "China Study", conducted by T. Colin Cambell? It is seen by many to be the most comprehensive study of nutrition every devised. It shows very convincingly that a proper plant based diet greatly reduced the chance of being chronically ill or developing cancer. He conducted several more studies with rats. Through the use of the main dairy protein, Casein, they proved conclusively that by increasing and decreasing the percentage of a rat's diet with Casein they could turn cancer growth on and off like a light switch. These rats were manipulated genetically to grow cancerous tumors on their own. Lowering the protein percentage down below ten percent stopped or reversed the growth.They tried other animal proteins and found the same problem. This tumor growth did not occur when they were fed plant based proteins.

There is a book written on his experience in China doing the study, it's a good read.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

If you look at anything that is sold in the aisles with a label, I can bet it's packed with carbs and sugar.

Yep . The first and most prevalent ingredient :some form of high fructose corn syrup . Why ? Makes the product taste sweet and is cheaper than sugar.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Sadly after the States started subsidizing corn, farmers had no incentive for crop diversity. The result is finding how we can convert the corn into as many things possible, and it's crap corn at that.

The only way that corn grows is throwing "fertilizer" (chemicals) all over it. That soul is essentially just a chemical vehicle without crop rotation.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: ZombieZygote

The lipid Hypothesis.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I'll stick with my regular sugar.

Stevia IS sugar. Still glucose but the sucrose (bad stuff) has been removed.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Ive been ketogenic for 6 months now. 70 percent of my daily calories are fat, 25 percent protien, 5 percent carbs/sugar. Ive lost 40 lbs so far and have never felt better.

edit on 29-8-2017 by mrperplexed because: added photo proof... pics or it didnt happen.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

we had 40 years of "bad" fat theory that was used as an excuse to alter our food supply costing billions. Billions more was spent on research that all confirmed the 'bad" fat theory.

Now, after billions upon billions on the "bad" fat theory, while hardly stopping to take a breath, public health has switched to "bad" sugar theory.

Again, we will spend billions upon billions altering the food supply and on "research" that will all confirm the "bad" sugar theory. With the added bonus of taxation on certain foods, to make us "heathy", of course.

We are living longer and healthier lives than any previous generation. We are no longer fighting with food scarity.

WHY or why are you all so fired up to fall for the next scam??????????

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Wonder how or why we have been mislead into eating a carbo rich diet?

Yeah, I've wondered that myself.

We've know for over a hundred years that low fat diets don't work.....that cutting carbs does work....and yet.....

This thread ties in to this book I mention here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Stevia is not sugar. It is a plant that is sweeter than sugar, but has no calories.
www.livescience.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

There is a difference, anyone can go to Wallgreens and buy a blood glucose monitor and see what foods do indeed spike their blood glucose. With the low fat diet we were at eh mercy of the know it all smarty pants. Now we are not.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiredofControlFreaks
a reply to: Gothmog

we had 40 years of "bad" fat theory that was used as an excuse to alter our food supply costing billions. Billions more was spent on research that all confirmed the 'bad" fat theory.

Now, after billions upon billions on the "bad" fat theory, while hardly stopping to take a breath, public health has switched to "bad" sugar theory.

Again, we will spend billions upon billions altering the food supply and on "research" that will all confirm the "bad" sugar theory. With the added bonus of taxation on certain foods, to make us "heathy", of course.

We are living longer and healthier lives than any previous generation. We are no longer fighting with food scarity.

WHY or why are you all so fired up to fall for the next scam??????????

Uhhh....I am diabetic and not following into a "scam". Part of a growing trend due to carbs and sugar.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: DontTreadOnMe

Stevia is not sugar. It is a plant that is sweeter than sugar, but has no calories.
www.livescience.com...

Now , do you know what "sugar" is ? I would research the term
NVM , I will save you the trouble
First and foremost , sugar does not have to be derived from sugar cane
Sucrose and glucose.
Sugar from sugar cane contains both
Glucose is natural to the body . Sucrose is not.
So , with Stevia being glucose (but not sucrose) that would still make it "sugar"
No more word bantering.

edit on 8/29/17 by Gothmog because: got stuff bass-ackwards

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I posted this in another thread not to long ago...

1.) Diet - Kill the sugar, drop the carbs. Modern processed sugar is 8 times more addictive than coc aine. That's backed up by hard science. We're all lab rat addicts and we don't even know it, but our brains do, which contributes to the anxiety.

Our bodies (and minds) are meant to run off of fat and oxygen, not glucose. Get on the 'keto diet' right now and don't look back. When you drop sugar completely and reduce your carbs to a maximum of 20 grams per day, your body begins to reprogram itself to draw energy from where it's supposed to... fat. After about 10 days you can begin introducing as much fat, chesse, butter, ect as you want. You'll feel full, have plenty of 'real' energy and not gain weight. The guy I learned all this from ate 4000 high fat calories a day for 3 weeks with little to no exercise to prove the point I just made. When the 3 weeks was up, he actually had lost 2 pounds.

When the body is reprogrammed to run off fat instead of carbs, your liver processes the fat into 'ketons' which carry FIVE TIMES as much oxygen through the blood than glucose... that's including to the brain. Thus the 'keto diet'. Which has it's roots in US special forces training going back to the early 80's... you know, the guys they don't to be fat stupid and lazy, like we're supposed to be.

Also, intermediate fasting for 24 hours a couple days a week, rapidly reproduces new brain cells.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join