It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Berkeley Mayor: Classify Antifa As A Gang

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
This is pretty simple actually. Either you support fascists (White Nationalists/Neo-Nazi's) and their ilk, or you don't.

Claiming that Antifa (for whatever cherry picked bit of press you choose to levy against them) is the real evil here is asinine. Is there anyone here who thinks those united against fascism are worse than the fascists? Is there anyone here who is brave enough to just come out and claim their fascist tag so you can stop tapdancing around what you're clearly showing to the rest of us?

(Deleted words that don't need said, as it's obvious to everyone)

Even though it will do nothing in the end, the mayor calling out Antifa for what it is demonstrates at least a slight bit of credibility in a city known for incredible things. It's okay to call a murderer a murderer and still despise those who like to beat people up for fun. The world is not nearly as two-sided as you make it out to be.
edit on 29-8-2017 by SlapMonkey because: deleted rant about ignorant, juvenile comment

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Wayfarer

This is pretty simple actually.

You're right, it is.

Most people don't support fascists and neo-Nazis and white supremacists.

And most people don't support using violence to achieve political gain, regardless of whether the people using violence claim they're only doing it to people they've deemed fascists or not.

Especially not when you go around smashing Starbucks' windows and claim it's an anti-fascism "fight."

But what if you wear a Che shirt, a guy faux mask, and just took your first philosophy class? Can you smash stuff then?

It's mostly dumb kids on the Internet getting together to create violence. I wouldn't call it a thought out platform.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Oaktree

You would only be a fascist if you supported the president after he over rides and jails judges who disagree with him, starts jailing the media, using the military against the public, etc. All while screaming USA.

Trump has obeyed all the liberal judges who blocked his actions, handled it all legally and voiced his disapproval which the Constitution protects him in doing so.

The media continues to enjoy inflated ratings all because Trump is in office.

The Mayor of Berkeley announcing Antifa should be labeled a Gang means he is for investigations into Antifa, arrests and prosecutions for their crimes.

That is what violent criminal gangs have happen to their members.

So the mom's basement dwellers will soon be bunked with hardened criminals if the Mayor of Berkeley's suggestion gets bipartisan support, which it likely will.

Fresh meat, fresh meat, fresh meat, can you hear the joyous calls coming from the prisons?
edit on 29-8-2017 by TinfoilTP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

TextYou would only be a fascist if you supported the president after he over rides and jails judges who disagree with him, starts jailing the media, using the military against the public, etc. All while screaming USA.

In which case a President would (hopefully) be voted out or removed from office.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Considering the number of times they have assaulted people and shut down speakers they did not like using force to do so, I think its not enough he classify them as a gang but hey its berkley baby steps Ill take it.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

a reply to: Oaktree

You would only be a fascist if you supported the president after he over rides and jails judges who disagree with him, starts jailing the media, using the military against the public, etc. All while screaming USA.

The President can't actually do those things.

He'd get impeached and forced out of office.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Communists are literally tearing down statues in your country. Such were the good old days when that behavior would receive country-wide condemnation. Now the alt-left, and their antifa thugs, are finally getting recognition for what they are.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Sure, you can arrest the network of college kids who are anarchists but prison is dumb if they didn't attack a person. If they broke property they should learn how to use their hands and do community service. A much worse punishment for these folks.

My guess it's a foreign nation orchestrating it like we do in the ME. Turns out people are ready to blame anyone their life sucks. Mexicans, Cops, Trump, Whites, Blacks.
edit on 29-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Ok, well there you have it.

I suppose if you supported those ideas and helped orchestrate a coup with a potus and military takeover you could still be a fascist.

My point is you are not a fasciston unless those things are on your belief radar.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I think some Antifa terrorists got trapped in Houston. They are the ones shooting at boats hijacking and taking them.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

a reply to: TinfoilTP

Sure, you can arrest the network of college kids who are anarchists but prison is dumb if they didn't attack a person. If they broke property they should learn how to use their hands and do community service. A much worse punishment for these folks.

My guess it's a foreign nation orchestrating it like we do in the MR. Turns out people are ready to blame anyone their life sucks. Mexicans, Cops, Trump, Whites, Blacks.

These idiots are caught on camera bashing and bludgeoning innocent people with weapons, that's a one way ticket to a cell.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
A bunch of the liberal media started turning on Antifa in the last couple days. I'm not sure what is going on, but I wouldn't trust it. Antifa are just leftists nazis. If they want to gather and chant stupid things, fine, but when they go around and threaten and beat people and riot, let's shut that # down. Same goes for neo-nazis or any other extremist group.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
I think some Antifa terrorists got trapped in Houston. They are the ones shooting at boats hijacking and taking them.

Trying to steal an armed Cajun's boat is not a good idea, gator's are going to be well fed if they are that stupid.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Anything recent?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
A bunch of the liberal media started turning on Antifa in the last couple days. I'm not sure what is going on, but I wouldn't trust it. Antifa are just leftists nazis. If they want to gather and chant stupid things, fine, but when they go around and threaten and beat people and riot, let's shut that # down. Same goes for neo-nazis or any other extremist group.

Yep! Something has changed virtually overnight.

Bernie Sanders condemned them recently and admonished that the Dems not condemning Antifa is hurting the party badly.

It's all about The Party, I can assure you. If the Democratic Party doesn't quit kowtowing to this group, they won't win a single seat in 2018.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

ANTIFA Chant: "NO TRUMP...NO WALL...NO USA AT ALL!"
The Left supports 2 out of 3...but that 3rd. is an election killer.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I heard that chant and thought I misheard. Pretty nice isn't it?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
I thought people were saying that the Mayor was part of Antifa?

Narratives breaking down, Fake News and Alt-facts

Who said that I don't recall that at all. Me thinks you have been listening to the wrong people I guess.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

ANTIFA Mission statement;

NO USA. . . . for a better America.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
I thought people were saying that the Mayor was part of Antifa?

Narratives breaking down, Fake News and Alt-facts

No, he supported BAMN kind of like Antifa

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join