It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I was in Downtown Toronto today.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What the hell was I doing in the busiest area in the country? I had to go in for clinic once a week(cut back today to once a month because I'm doing so well). I'm driving the wife's Yaris. Great for getting around city traffic. As Cosby once said, I told you that story so I could tell you this one. I'm on the highway on the way back and I'm behind this beautiful white Ferrari. No traffic lights on major highways but I wish I could have pulled up next to him, point forward and rev my motor. Bet he would have wet himself laughing. I would have.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Whats a YARI? American here...thanks in advance. MS

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Whats a YARI? American here...thanks in advance. MS

Yaris. Small Toyota:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I live dead smack center of downtown Toronto.. traffic here might be one of the worst in the world, no joke. That's why I'd rather take transit or just walk on foot. Luckily for me, everything I need and all the places I need to go are all relatively close by.

Don't underestimate the Yaris, I used to drive one!!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I live dead smack center of downtown Toronto.. traffic here might be one of the worst in the world, no joke. That's why I'd rather take transit or just walk on foot. Luckily for me, everything I need and all the places I need to go are all relatively close by.

Don't underestimate the Yaris, I used to drive one!!

Decades ago, I was moving to the USA. Called a company in Toronto for a quote to ship my belongings. Poor guy drove all the out from Toronto, sitting through 3 hours of traffic to find that all that need to be shipped was six boxes.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Thank you for this, my son has just discovered Lamborghinis and the vid will blow his mind!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I don't think the traffic was too bad a couple decades ago. Now a days, on top of the growing population and what seems like construction on every block, it's just way too much. I know people that spend anywhere from 4-5 hours every single day in their car's just getting to and from work, and they don't even live that far.

During peak traffic hours around downtown, you will spend a lot of time in stand still.

edit on 29-8-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

And the pedestrians that are "don't walk" blind.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Here's some technical specs about your attempted drag race

Average Ferrari acceleration...0/60 in about 4 seconds
Average Yaris acceleration... 0/60 in about 6-8 weeks
The look on the Ferrari driver's face...priceless

The sound would be like comparing farts, one roars like a tuba and throws you back in your seat and the other sounds like the one that you've been trying to hold in.

Ferrari=Buurrrt
Yaris-furrrt?

I can't believe I just used farts as an analogy. Sorry ATS.

edit on 29-8-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Overall, it's just a huge mess and probably one of our biggest issues, enough to discourage people from living here. If everything wasn't so close to me, I would've left already.

The view is also nice

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

It's not just downtown. On the way in there were a couple of cars barreling down the breakdown lane on the Gardiner and cutting in later. It all adds to the traffic.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: stormcell

I don't think the traffic was too bad a couple decades ago. Now a days, on top of the growing population and what seems like construction on every block, it's just way too much. I know people that spend anywhere from 4-5 hours every single day in their car's just getting to and from work, and they don't even live that far.

During peak traffic hours around downtown, you will spend a lot of time in stand still.

It was like that all the way to Oakville and Mississauga. It's funny looking at Google Streetview now. All that land North of the 401 was just fields and forest. Now it's all terraced townhouses.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I did this in my ford F150 when i saw one of the new trans ams in Austin a couple weeks back. He didn't laugh...he just floored it and left rubber in the road behind him.

We were doing about 40 at the time, and he just flat out started smoking the tires. It was insane.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Jeez. No sense of humor.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Jeez. No sense of humor.

It was a treat getting to see him do that. What do those cars have....1000hp?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Thanks! Kinda spiffy! Neighbor has smart car... Other, a. Mini Cooper.

I'm 6' tall so all 3 out for me... Love the M. Cooper.

Thanks again....

edit on 30-8-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join