It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian girl put into foster care with non-English speaking Muslim family

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
strange... there's no outrage when non English children are put in the care of English speaking families, aka non Muslim, non minority families.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

everyone did read the fact that she is 5 didnt they ??????????????

That doesn't matter, Children are used for all purposes and agendas.

It seems that speaking another language at home and being Muslim is enough to disgust some.

I would be disgusted that the system that sent a kid where its obvious the family either lied when filling in applications or in interviews to be able to foster didn't mention that English is not the language spoken at home.

After the Child complained the first time there shouldn't have been a second.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: Wayfarer
Just because there are a large amount of members participating in this thread that believe mixing of religious groups is 'bad' or 'evil' or 'wrong' doesn't make it right. This is a case of racist groupthink, and this thread is acting like an echo-chamber reinforcing the (as I believe) abhorrent concept that religion is something that should divide us and keep us separate/isolated from each other.

The only reason a Christian has to fear from learning/experiencing/knowing the Muslim faith/lifestyle is their own ingrained fear that their belief is weak or subject to sudden change from that exposure. I am going to disagree with anyone who espouses limiting an individuals experience/exposure to the wonderful panoply of ideas and cultures based on an irrational and misguided fear.

Fear-mongering has lead many people in this thread to assume that a child initially raised in a Christian household (and under I assume Christian teaching) is going to be damaged/hurt/made less whole as a result of being exposed to a Muslim household.

If you were not racist then the first inclination one would have would be to assume that a Muslim family (whether they speak English or not) is every bit as morally positive as a Christian family. Any assumptions that a Muslim family would try and immediately indoctrinate or convert the child is in fact more telling as a sign of projection rather than reality.

But they did try and indoctrinate the child. They took away her cross , and told her that women who drink alcohol are evil... and who knows what else.

I thought they didn't speak English? How did they tell her that?

They were teaching the girl to speak Arabic, the girl said they don't speak English there.

That to me sounds like they do speak English but choose to speak their native tongue.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Simon1967

Yep. But apparently it's much more fun to bash the Muslims.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
strange... there's no outrage when non English children are put in the care of English speaking families, aka non Muslim, non minority families.

Because English is the official language of England and Scotland and its not a unreasonable ask to demand all UK citizens and permanent residents to speak English, otherwise how can they assimilate and find work?

As for religion? I would think it very unfair if a muslim child was placed in a devout Catholic family.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Phonixfromtheashes

It's okay. Her new daddy will take very good care of her...

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

I know you didn't, you said it was disgusting.

Is that your typical misinterpretation?

Again your twistingnmy words to suite your own lefist agenda.

I have no problem with other languages especially in other countrys (i am learning spanish for # sake).
But it disgusting that there are permanent residents in the UK that refuse to learn English. I spend a lot of my time in south America but I am learning spanish as its unfair and unreasonable to live in say Ecuador yet not speak the official language.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Because English is the official language of England and Scotland and its not a unreasonable ask to demand all UK citizens and permanent residents to speak English, otherwise how can they assimilate and find work?

So are you saying the family doesn't speak English?

Where did find this out?

It seems the issue you have is with foreigners not speaking English and having different religious beliefs.

Otherwise the outrage would be directed at the system that places children in places.

But its not,

all the outrage seems to be about a families in English speaking countries choosing to speak their native tongue at home.

The girl seems to be bait, like i said, children are used for all sorts of agendas.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Simon1967

Yep. But apparently it's much more fun to bash the Muslims.

Considering the patriarchal hierarchy within the families, I'm surprised you don't.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

a reply to: ignorant_ape

Yeah, it's funny - in the transgender threads, everyone was saying 5-year-olds are still learning how to wipe their butts, they are too young to understand concepts like boy and girl - but now all of a sudden 5 is old enough to understand the concepts of religion.

Thats not whats being said. Its a culture thing. Dont be so obtuse. You know very well whats be said. The girl should be with an english speaking family in cultural surroundings she understands.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Again your twistingnmy words to suite your own lefist agenda.

I don't even know what a left or right agenda are.

I didn't twist anything.

You said you never said it was wrong to speak other languages and I said I know you never said that, you said it was disgusting.

How is twisting anything?

But it disgusting that there are permanent residents in the UK that refuse to learn English.

That is your issue.

deal with it.

I spend a lot of my time in south America but I am learning spanish as its unfair and unreasonable to live in say Ecuador yet not speak the official language.

So everyone needs to be like you and have the same idea of whats reasonable?

You still have yet to actually respond the main question in my first post and chose to bicker back and forth.

Who is to blame in your opinion if it all went down like the article says it did?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: coop039

before reading your post i was thinking exactly the same thing.

Her WHITENESS has nothing to do with it and really neither does the religious element. I know Muslims that are very well integrated from all appearances. You could say they are "jack muslims" or Muslim only in the most superficial sense.

The real crime here first and foremost is the mishandling of her placement TWO TIMES which to me speaks volumes about the character of those working at the agency. They dont care about her....shes a number.... human cattle.....and that is how many if not most people think who work in child "protection". How do i know this? Because i know people that work in and around that field.

Heres how it works. You see so much human misery and suffering in severely dysfunctional families. You see this and deal with this day after day. It wears you down. The truly loving and compassionate people in these fields burn out pretty fast. You either burn out and quite or you assimilate into the larger community of workers who have fully desensitized themselves because they dont want to become mental and emotional basket cases and they need to keep their jobs. So they detach.

this poor girl is yet another victim of an uncaring system that plays it by the numbers rather than by human compassion and common sense.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

Does that happen a lot in predominantly Muslim countries?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

So everyone needs to be like you and have the same idea of whats reasonable?

YES!

It decency for the country that lets you live there!

Would it be fair for me to settle in ecuador refuse to assimilate a instead leech off there government welfare?

Who is to blame in your opinion if it all went down like the article says it did?

UK social services and the pathetic excuse for a government we have.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: knoxie

Yeah the girl went through two muslim families both of which abused her and had to be moved.

The local authority is either criminally negligent or acting out of outright malice.

I'd like to give my 50p to that too.
Because we owned a house in that forsaken hole of South London. The main street has no British shops [Green Street/ go google maps]. About 99% are non British people. Probably about 90% muslims from anywhere in the wold and the rest eastern european.

We owned a house there and we had to deal with the people in the area [Fortunately we sold it as we had just as much 'enjoyment' with the tennants [but that's another story].
Trust me, it' like abroad somewhere. Everything is handled in a non-British way. Meaning nothing is above board, everything is without 'authorites involved' or the way it is expected. One hand washes the other so to speak. From estate agents that are a friend of a friend that fake credit checks to the carpet shop people, who only serve you if you've been send by someone they do busness with, everyone knows each other and so many laws and rules are broken, it's like it's own little country.

Even when we had our kitchen fitted by a large kitchen company, the 'foreign' girl said NOT to use the company's own fitters but to use her brother in law instead. You see what I'm saying?

I am 99% sure that a) there is no other reason but money behind them fostering [call me whatever you like, I speak from experience] and b) she was put there by 'associates' of the family who work in social security in that area.

I am also 99% sure that the little girl would not have been placed with a muslim family had she not lived in that area, and non muslim British officials had dealt with this in a nice suburb. Because I can't imagine that this is the norm, because of the massive noise they make when a black girl [for example] is placed with a middle class white family [my heritage and all that], they always harp on how inappropriate it is. Well if that's inappropriate, what is this then?
It's trafficking for money. Nobody there cares for a non muslim girl or do it out of the goodness of their heart. Yeah right. Whoever believes that has no idea about reality.

Well, wherever the girls is from, whatever her heritage and culture, the foster family is totally inappropriate as they are not at all of the girl's culture and they only got her because of nepotism. I swear on that because of plenty of experience.
[Black friend worked for ss and told me that others put their own families on the books several times, so they get that many more handouts. I added that as another example that this is a thing and not made up by me.] I know how they roll there.

The whole area is lost to British life and values and laws. With a muslim mayor who thinks this ain't a problem, it has actually passed the point of no return already. It's theirs now and their ways. And no, I am not happy about this. I'd prefer if they appreciated our country and our values to the extend that they live like us and mingle with us and help us keep Britain british and not turn it into the nightmare they have moved away from....
edit on 29-8-2017 by Hecate666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Would it be fair for me to settle in ecuador refuse to assimilate a instead leech off there government welfare?

I asked about who's to blame,

you answered, thanks.

So why do keep making this about what people do?

When the system allows them to do these things?

the way you go about it and the way the media report on it singles out a family or a religious group and then the real issue get lost in translation and everyone is debating whether Islam is a race or not or how speaking English is nice or disgusting.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Informative and interesting post ... and I suspect you are spot on with your analysis of the reality behind the situation.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I think he made some good points.

Learn the language of your host country. I would feel like a prick if I refused to learn the native tongue.

What's your deal?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Maybe the little girl can teach them how to assimilate into the host country they take for granted.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is how cultures are destroyed.
Not just one culture, but all cultures.

People become secluded and segregate themselves specifically to maintain their cultural traditions and to avoid being assimilated by others.

The problem here, with this particular situation, is the hypocrisy and omissions by the side that wants to protect the cultural integrity of one side (Islam) and does not care if the cultural integrity of the other side is shattered (Christianity).

Islam, far more than Christianity, overall, is much more self-segregating and apt to following strict dogmatic practices and repeating specific ideology. I'd say it's one of the more exclusive sects in the world, as generalities go. They try very hard to maintain their traditions and ways compared to many other cultures that are far more willing to assimilate to another culture. Not always but in general this holds water.

The reason that people feel this is all so unfair is because they see a political interest actively protecting Islam's cultural integrity and even promoting it as a good honest way of life, while at the same time, this exact party is condemning Christianity and doing everything it can to slowly rip it apart (at least, that's how it appears to those concerned with maintaining various Christian traditional structures/cultural values).

It infuriates them because they see one side (Islam) getting away with everything they wanted to get away with too (protecting their culture's integrity), and on top of that, they recognize that Islam generally actually is an extreme form of their own culture in the sense that any "perceived wrongs" the hostile political interest accuses the Christians of being guilty of, Islam is actually much more guilty of in terms of widespread nature and severity of incidents.

This creates an atmosphere of hostility because they, rightfully, see a devious and unscrupulous political interest actively dismantling their culture while at the same time, actually aiding and abetting another (often times worse) culture to barge in, assimilate, and spread it's influence.

No wonder people in Britain feel so much dismay. It's considered politically incorrect to be British yet it's politically correct to be pretty much anything else - and the more extreme the cultural system espoused, the more protected and beautified the manipulating political interest doing all of this makes it.

Now, if only the U.K. had more Satanists or other extreme types, then they'd be the most important culture to protect and promote because it's the most offensive (to Christians, whom are typically public enemy #1 to the manipulative political interest).

Please keep in mind that I, the author of this piece, and not really a Christian. I know God's real, and I enjoy literature like the Bible because it has a lot of good ideas in it, and I wonder about Jesus a lot. But I study all religions and cultures and enjoy the process overall. I am by definition, not a Christian, because I don't think Jesus is God per se in the sense that Christians allege. But that's another debate (well worth having I might add).

So overall, as a sensible non-aligned party between these two religions, I have to admit that it's clear as day that one is getting shafted and treated in a very hypocritical and unfair way by the "ultra neoliberal" side, or whatever you want to call them. Basically the ideology spouted by whomever runs the Mainstream Media. They are the primary source of much of this behavior and thought patterns. So even if it's largely fabricated and exaggerated, they narrate the story and create the setting, so my analysis is still correct whether I'm giving you a summary of a true or fictional tale.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join