It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian girl put into foster care with non-English speaking Muslim family

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

But the Christian parents get a pass, cuz Christians aren't supposed to be perfect.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

But the Christian parents get a pass, cuz Christians aren't supposed to be perfect.

No.. they don't get a pass.. their child was removed from their home.. I'm sure that caused much sorrow for them.
But why add the sorrow of their child being manipulated to hate her parents , and take away something that had sentimental value to the child and parents.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

a reply to: Ohanka

They would have an awfully hard time teaching an English-speaking person Arabic without knowing any English themselves.

Something stinks about this story.

It seems fairly well reported in both left and right leaning papers. Both state the same facts.

I see a lot of "reportedly" and "allegedly" .

I think these are actually allegations that have to be investigated. The birth parents could be making a lot of this up, and coaching the child on what to say.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I never said Christians aren't supposed to be perfect... just the fact that Christians struggle with sin just as many non Christians do.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

who is saying kids are too young to understand what it means to be a girl or boy? have you read the scandinavian studies on gender that showed no matter what the social engineers did to try to eradicate any gender bias in the school that boys still predominantly chose "masculine" toys like trucks and soldiers and girls predominantly chose "feminine" toys, i.e. dolls etc. ?

here is an excerpt of a similar study which concluded nearly the same thing (couldnt find the scandinavian study at the moment)

www.sciencedaily.com...

aside from that, it seems that you, like another poster, are questioning the legitimacy/value of a childs thoughts, feelings and beliefs. Are a childs thoughts, feelings and beliefs inherently less sincere or weighty than an adults? Why would you think that?

its actually an interesting conversation to have and kinda goes back to developmental psychology and the concept of tabula rasa and such.

however, its totally beside the point of the OP.

on its face (prima facie) this child should be put into an environment that most closely matches what is normative for it. Do you or do you not agree with that basic idea? irrespective of "what ifs". Just give me a yes or no answer if you could.

Is it reasonable, if other options exist, to put a child into an environment so radically different than what she has known since birth and to do it not once but TWICE!?!??!

yes or no answer please.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
To make any argument otherwise is to even more clearly demonstrate your racism against a religious-ethnic group.

And the racist card is played...lol

As a honest question, what do you call it if a person totally disagrees with another culture because they see the culture as a Draconian society where women live a very subordinate status life.

To put a woman from a different culture into that one is not really good unless we are talking about for a short time like getting them off the streets as a homeless.

I spent years in the Middle East and though I like many aspects about that area I am totally against their harsh stance against women, gays and other non-desirables ... while forcing people to live within their extreme pedagogical dogma.

And when I say "harsh stance" it usually involved death many times...

edit on 29-8-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

a reply to: Ohanka

They would have an awfully hard time teaching an English-speaking person Arabic without knowing any English themselves.

Your argument is moot, because if I use your reasoning, the little girl would never have been able to learn English in the first way. This would be true for everyone, so, pathetic try.

My kids had a German-Russian classmate that learned German from TV, at least that what he said.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
a reply to: kaylaluv

who is saying kids are too young to understand what it means to be a girl or boy? have you read the scandinavian studies on gender that showed no matter what the social engineers did to try to eradicate any gender bias in the school that boys still predominantly chose "masculine" toys like trucks and soldiers and girls predominantly chose "feminine" toys, i.e. dolls etc. ?

Not me. You're preaching to the choir. I have said all along that children as young as 3 understand the basic concept of gender, and know what gender they are, even when they have gender dysphoria. Parents are not telling them they have it - these kids know they have it.

on its face (prima facie) this child should be put into an environment that most closely matches what is normative for it. Do you or do you not agree with that basic idea? irrespective of "what ifs". Just give me a yes or no answer if you could.

Is it reasonable, if other options exist, to put a child into an environment so radically different than what she has known since birth and to do it not once but TWICE!?!??!

yes or no answer please.

I am not going to give a yes or no here, sorry. Yes, it would be ideal to put a white child with a white family, a black child with a black family, a Jewish child with a Jewish family, etc. However, I have seen black children adopted by white families (when there were no black families available) who did just fine, even though they might have missed out on some of their black culture.

Do we know for certain that there were Christian families available in this case at the time the child needed to be placed somewhere? I think that should be part of the investigation.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Phonixfromtheashes

To be clear, the girl says "they don't speak English."
But that could be an exaggeration of the facts. They may speak English poorly and speak Arabic in the home freely with each other or relatives.

I would still say this is an awkward, not-ideal placement for the girl, given the language and cultural difficulties.

On the other hand, she is in foster care for a reason and this family may be made up of very good, decent people who will take good care of her during the temporary circumstances of fostering. They had to pass muster with the social services laws and no doubt jump over a lot of hoops to become foster parents.

AB

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

This fostering thing is a bit odd if you ask me. I know from family experience that adoption is a really tricky process and its a bit over the top all the hoops the parents must jump through to ensure they'll be a suitable fit for all concerned.
I suspect we may not have the full details here and there's certainly no shortage of kids in need of fostering.

That's only one of some very questionable things about this story.

If you read the tabloid versions, there's plenty of contradictions in the account.

Still, anything but focus on David Davis and Theresa May...

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: Tulpa

This fostering thing is a bit odd if you ask me. I know from family experience that adoption is a really tricky process and its a bit over the top all the hoops the parents must jump through to ensure they'll be a suitable fit for all concerned.
I suspect we may not have the full details here and there's certainly no shortage of kids in need of fostering.

That's only one of some very questionable things about this story.

If you read the tabloid versions, there's plenty of contradictions in the account.

Agreed. Allegations may have indeed been made, but not confirmed to be true.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The most disgusting think is the family did not speak English!

Absolute filth

we should bomb all non English speaking nations

Absolutely sickening.

What the # are people doing living permanently in Britain when they cant speak English let alone being foster parents?

Why do people live in in England in general?

Your answer may be identical.

Secondly how is this not child abuse?

Is the child being abused?

Throwing a vulnerable girl into a family that do not respect her culture and belief system......

This is just stupid beyond all stupid.

You deserve a prize.

So who is to blame, the child abusing Muslims or the system that sends the kids where they go and allows non English speaking people to be foster parents?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Christian girl put into foster care with non-English speaking Muslim family.

Fact is, placing a child of a particular culture, one that she was born into and that is her heritage, with a very different cultural home, is wrong on so many levels.

How can it be deemed ethical and moral to place a white English Christian child with a Muslim family? Which pratt thinks it is okay to do this? How is this not a trampling of the young girl's human rights? If it was a Muslim child being placed with a Christian family, how would the Muslim community feel about that?

Surely, the girl should be placed with a family appropriate for her heritage. Something tells me that a little back-handing of state benefit money is being given to the foster family, whilst fostering a child of an entirely inappropriate culture to their own. Not only are the cultures inappropriate to each other, they are wholly incompatible.
edit on 29/8/17 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly
yep...so many positive qualities from burqa and niqab wearing foster mother.

Sky is the limit for the child...

Hey man, if you're racist because you're afraid of a headscarf then who am I to stop you. Such strange things for grown men to be terrified of nowadays.

But will this child be given a choice? I think that's one of the issues here.

How does one reconcile Women's rights, and the rights granted in western civilizations with the lack of rights for Women in Islam. You might say it's a choice, and that's fair. But again, will this little girl have a choice?
edit on 29-8-2017 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

actually...i think it is required. If it isnt...it should be. In my country...it is required before being granted citizen. Makes perfect sense.

a domovnica?

I got one and was never asked if I spoke Croatian.

If you have a birth Certificate then you can also get citizenship.

yep...so many positive qualities from burqa and niqab wearing foster mother.

Yes, I don't think what a women wears dictates how well she is at mothering a child.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

Absolute filth

we should bomb all non English speaking nations

Absolutely sickening.

What the # are people doing living permanently in Britain when they cant speak English let alone being foster parents?

Why do people live in in England in general?

Your answer may be identical.

Secondly how is this not child abuse?

Is the child being abused?

Throwing a vulnerable girl into a family that do not respect her culture and belief system......

This is just stupid beyond all stupid.

You deserve a prize.

So who is to blame, the child abusing Muslims or the system that sends the kids where they go and allows non English speaking people to be foster parents?

Typical hyperbole.

Never said its wrong to speak other languages.

But to be a permanent resident of the UK you should speak English. I pretty much spend half my time in ecuador now and aa such am learning spanish.

Worse is placeing a scared and vulnerable girl into a family that does not speak English.

edit on 29-8-2017 by Phonixfromtheashes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I quickly glanced across the article.

I did so again.

It certainly sound like they could but prefer to speak Arabic at home.

If speaking ones own language is disgusting then I guess anyone who talks is disgusting.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Worse is placeing a scared and vulnerable girl into a family that does not speak English.

They do speak English but choose to speak Arabic at home.

How would they be teaching the Girl Arabic if they cant speak any English.

Typical hyperbole. Never said its wrong to speak other languages.

I know you didn't, you said it was disgusting.

Is that your typical misinterpretation?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Do you think this non english speaking Muslim family will take this girl to the church of her religion?
If they dont speak english, I bet they arent to integrated into British society.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

A spokesperson for Tower Hamlets council said: “While we cannot go into details of a case that would identify a child in foster care, there are inaccuracies in the reporting of it. “For example, the child is in fact fostered by an English speaking family of mixed race in this temporary placement. “We would like to give more details but we are legally restricted to do so.

Response to fostering story in The Times

Fake news isn't solely from the left, in this game we all play.....remember there are two sides to a story.
edit on th5908201781967 by Simon1967 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join