It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian girl put into foster care with non-English speaking Muslim family

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Great virtue signaling that! Post it on farcebook so all your friends and bosses know!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: [post=22614930]introvert[/pos

link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Its worth looking up the history of those documents, as well as the history surrounding the period directly previous to their creation. Doing so will provide interesting perspectives on why and how law operates the way it does!
As you have a prior educational history in the field, I am sure you will find it instructive!

link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
a reply to: Phonixfromtheashes

Nice, way to clearly and obtusely demonstrate your ingrained religious bias. The issue is the fact that the foster parents didn't speak the girls language, not that they were a different religion. To make any argument otherwise is to even more clearly demonstrate your racism against a religious-ethnic group.

See how you have already assumed negative qualities merely because you saw the word 'Muslim'. In truth, I think that says a lot more about your own twisted brand of religion than it does about Muslims.
not so think about that

islam is not a religion...its a cult first off.....with a writing that has no literary worth. have you read the short little quran.....its a joke and to follow it you have to allow yourself to be a victim of a madmans random evil thoughts

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

a reply to: Phonixfromtheashes

Nice, way to clearly and obtusely demonstrate your ingrained religious bias. The issue is the fact that the foster parents didn't speak the girls language, not that they were a different religion. To make any argument otherwise is to even more clearly demonstrate your racism against a religious-ethnic group.

See how you have already assumed negative qualities merely because you saw the word 'Muslim'. In truth, I think that says a lot more about your own twisted brand of religion than it does about Muslims.

The foster family removed the child's crucifix necklace that was a gift to her from her family. In your book, is it ok for adults to further traumatise an already traumatised child by removing from her a gift from the family she had already been removed from?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
A 4 year old girl removed from a dysfunctional black family. Placed in with right wing neo nazis.

THEN THE LEFT WOULD GIVE A SH!T.

I was thinking the same thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I am part of the left, and I give a proverbial crap.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Just because there are a large amount of members participating in this thread that believe mixing of religious groups is 'bad' or 'evil' or 'wrong' doesn't make it right. This is a case of racist groupthink, and this thread is acting like an echo-chamber reinforcing the (as I believe) abhorrent concept that religion is something that should divide us and keep us separate/isolated from each other.

The only reason a Christian has to fear from learning/experiencing/knowing the Muslim faith/lifestyle is their own ingrained fear that their belief is weak or subject to sudden change from that exposure. I am going to disagree with anyone who espouses limiting an individuals experience/exposure to the wonderful panoply of ideas and cultures based on an irrational and misguided fear.

Fear-mongering has lead many people in this thread to assume that a child initially raised in a Christian household (and under I assume Christian teaching) is going to be damaged/hurt/made less whole as a result of being exposed to a Muslim household.

If you were not racist then the first inclination one would have would be to assume that a Muslim family (whether they speak English or not) is every bit as morally positive as a Christian family. Any assumptions that a Muslim family would try and immediately indoctrinate or convert the child is in fact more telling as a sign of projection rather than reality.

But they did try and indoctrinate the child. They took away her cross , and told her that women who drink alcohol are evil... and who knows what else. This was simply a very bad placement for a child who suffered already from the split from family.
Anyone who condones this type of placement for a Christian child has malicious intent , in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

I am merely commenting on the inconsistencies of arguments regarding what abstract concepts young children can understand. Some people on this thread HAVE made it about religion.

Regarding whether this child has been abused, it should of course be investigated, as any other allegation of abuse in foster homes. Apparently there was some type of abuse in her original "Christian" home, or she wouldn't have been sent to a foster family. I am wondering why no one is in an uproar about that?

Regardless of where the kids are sent, I find the whole situation of children having to go to foster homes because their parents are unable or unwilling to properly care for them so sad for the kids.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

Just because there are a large amount of members participating in this thread that believe mixing of religious groups is 'bad' or 'evil' or 'wrong' doesn't make it right. This is a case of racist groupthink, and this thread is acting like an echo-chamber reinforcing the (as I believe) abhorrent concept that religion is something that should divide us and keep us separate/isolated from each other.

The only reason a Christian has to fear from learning/experiencing/knowing the Muslim faith/lifestyle is their own ingrained fear that their belief is weak or subject to sudden change from that exposure. I am going to disagree with anyone who espouses limiting an individuals experience/exposure to the wonderful panoply of ideas and cultures based on an irrational and misguided fear.

Fear-mongering has lead many people in this thread to assume that a child initially raised in a Christian household (and under I assume Christian teaching) is going to be damaged/hurt/made less whole as a result of being exposed to a Muslim household.

If you were not racist then the first inclination one would have would be to assume that a Muslim family (whether they speak English or not) is every bit as morally positive as a Christian family. Any assumptions that a Muslim family would try and immediately indoctrinate or convert the child is in fact more telling as a sign of projection rather than reality.

But they did try and indoctrinate the child. They took away her cross , and told her that women who drink alcohol are evil... and who knows what else.

I thought they didn't speak English? How did they tell her that?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

I am merely commenting on the inconsistencies of arguments regarding what abstract concepts young children can understand. Some people on this thread HAVE made it about religion.

Regarding whether this child has been abused, it should of course be investigated, as any other allegation of abuse in foster homes. Apparently there was some type of abuse in her original "Christian" home, or she wouldn't have been sent to a foster family. I am wondering why no one is in an uproar about that?

Regardless of where the kids are sent, I find the whole situation of children having to go to foster homes because their parents are unable or unwilling to properly care for them so sad for the kids.

Christians aren't perfect humans.. in fact many become Christians because they understand that they are in need of grace. They have addictions and issues like many. To zero in on the fact a child got taken away from a Christian home is rather low, considering the many children who are abused in the muslim culture. See any of the vids of Muslim teachers hitting their students ? Or how about child brides , which is perfectly acceptable in their culture.

My guess is the Muslim families get away with alot more abuse of various sorts , and don't nearly suffer the threat of having their children put in foster care , such as families of other religious sects.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Lovely, how you managed to circle around a honest answer. How about trying to leave religion out of this completely for a moment? Oh I guess you can´t because it robs you the oppertunity to rant about a religion.

Here is your price

You´re as closeminded as the people you accuse being anti transgender all the time. A perfect example of a hypocrite.

link   

But they did try and indoctrinate the child. They took away her cross , and told her that women who drink alcohol are evil... and who knows what else.

Ask whoever wrote the article in the paper.
They were teaching her Arabic too. Which isn't a bad thing generally but they were encouraging her to use that instead of English, the official language of the country.

Our schools teach English, and do French and German as foreign languages. I don't think teaching the kid Arabic will be helpful.

link   

Christians aren't perfect humans..

But you expect Muslims to be perfect?

Child abuse deserves an uproar - regardless of the religion.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Maybe they knew enough English to get certain messages across with a few words , but mostly communicated in their own language ... perhaps even so the child could not understand what they were saying about her. Perhaps that is why she was frustrated with the language barrier?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder

I suppose if there were not enough foster parents the only option would be an institution. So, the question might be which best serves the welfare of the child. I can imagine this child has already lived a pretty rough life-trying to fit in with an entirely different culture-that can't communicate with her has to be pretty bad-especially if they do try to impose their cultural and religious beliefs opposing hers.
Sad situation. Does sound like a rough time for the child. Just who was looking after her best interests? Bad idea all around.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

They would have an awfully hard time teaching an English-speaking person Arabic without knowing any English themselves.

Something stinks about this story.

link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Excuse me, but yes, if you take up a foster child, you better try to be a good example. Taking away harmless personal belongings -regardless of the reason- is a good hint at not being fit for taking up a foster child.

link   

Christians aren't perfect humans..

But you expect Muslims to be perfect?

Child abuse deserves an uproar - regardless of the religion.

Yes ... child abuse deserves an uproar , regardless of religion ... and these two foster parents are guilty of child abuse !

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

They would have an awfully hard time teaching an English-speaking person Arabic without knowing any English themselves.

Something stinks about this story.

It seems fairly well reported in both left and right leaning papers. Both state the same facts.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join