It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian girl put into foster care with non-English speaking Muslim family

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Speaking English should be a requirement to live in this country, let alone be a foster parent. I don't know how they even filled in the paperwork, but whoever approved it should be fired.

Dodgy lawyer likley.

With my experiances of my girlfiend in the UK visa system you learn there are a lot of dodgy lawyers willing to make a quick quid doing borderline if not out right illegal or unethical stuff.
edit on 29-8-2017 by Phonixfromtheashes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: Wayfarer

Don´t divert from the point, that you used an old, mostly abandoned believe system to draw a group that today doesn´t adhere to those values.

It´s like accusing every greek that lives today he likes to screw young boys.

Learn the definition of "such".

Laffo, so you can't. Nice backtrack but it doesn't make you look any less silly.

Which of these do you ignore? backyardskeptics.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Bluntone22

they are placed in homes, but a family has to be willing first. they don't just choose random homes... come on.

So you truly believe that the only two homes willing to foster children were non English speaking Muslims?
In Britain?
Yeah ok.

Some dumbass in charge of placement of children screwed over a five year old girl.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

What is it I "can´t" you make no sense at all.

Over the course of the years we had several kids as care-takers integrated into our family for a short time because they were rescued and waiting for a propper place to get a caring home.

You have no idea about the care-taker or adoption processes at all, so why the hell you keep pushing your false narrative when you are full of # just shut up where shutting up is due?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Some dumbass in charge of placement of children screwed over a five year old girl.

Exactly how I see it. This case -if true- is extremly out of the norm of what´s going on in the process.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Um, it used to be! You had to be able to pass the constitution test in English as well.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It would appear not just once, but twice.

While I do not believe in the racist prattle being wafted about in this thread, I simply question whether, if a better fit was available, why this was allowed to occur. She should not have been placed in any situation in which she might have her cross taken from about her neck without wishing to do away with it herself. That is very disturbing. Its one thing coming to a decision for oneself, quite another to have a decision forced on one.

Things seem less than appropriate here, and without even the slightest hint of bias, the simple fact is that if life has been hard enough on this little one that fostering was required for her, it needed to be in a place where no one was going to mess with her right to wear her little necklace, and worship whomever she fancies, including but not limited to the flying spaghetti monster, the Crab of Ineffable Wisdom, Jesus Christ or any other figure who seems appropriate to her at the time.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Whomever put her there should be fired for stupidity. Where are the upper management's heads, they should be checking these kind of things. I think there is more than one person who should be fired because of this, right up the line to the top.

This needs to be taken care of immediately, not dragged out with hearings. Remove that child immediately. A muslim would go nuts if their kid was stuck in a Christian home and fed bacon.
edit on 29-8-2017 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
the fixation that this child = :

" a christian girl "

ammuses me immensley

and has for her beliefs :

they probably include the tooth fairy and santa clause

everyone did read the fact that she is 5 didnt they ??????????????

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: introvert

Um, it used to be! You had to be able to pass the constitution test in English as well.

Britain doesn't have a "constitution test". We never wrote our constitution down. All our laws are the constitution or something strange like that.

We've got a citizenship test though. I assume that has to be done in English but have no idea, never had to take it.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
And it´s not an easy task to give care or adopt such a child.

Some ball up in defense because they don´t trust anyone anymore. Some are overwhelmed by all this, even though they probably had a hard time at home, they still miss their common environment.

We had a case of abuse by the father and that boy would not trust me one second just because I was a male, regardless how often our kids reassured they never got mistreated.

It´s hardship for both sides and you need to be extremly cautious and forgiving to those kids because they are seldom at any fault.

Taking away her personal belongings (I give a # if it was a cross or a teddy bear, really) is not something you do. It´s probably one of the last things they can hold on too. Something that is familiar to them. It doesn´t matter if it was a cross, doing that, -without looking at religion- is extremly insensitive and cruel to my eyes.

edit on 29-8-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

When I was five, I had a little blue briefcase that I took everywhere. It contained three things always. A pocket knife, an action figure, and a white leather bound Bible, given to me upon my birth. I did not carry those things because my parents desired I do it, I carried those things because they were important to me in some way. I only stopped taking my Bible everywhere I went, when I was twenty five or so. It sits instead in place of pride, on my shelf in the middle of my room, between two candles.

Age is no barrier to faith. God knows there are children who know the spirit and message of Christ far better than many clergy.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   

i guess you dont have kids or understand children to have such a low opinion of how important their beliefs can be and how much their own they can be.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Your post perfectly relates to what I´m saying;

you don´t take away the personal belongings "just because".

Wise words at the end, wise words. Faith in a higher being can be completly unattached from thaught faith.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

Actually, the documents which together form a constitution of sorts for the UK, are Magna Carta, The Petition of Right, and The Bill of Rights itself. These lay out the structure, form and powers of limited government in the UK, and in actual fact, were what the American Bill of Rights was based on.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Yeah, it's funny - in the transgender threads, everyone was saying 5-year-olds are still learning how to wipe their butts, they are too young to understand concepts like boy and girl - but now all of a sudden 5 is old enough to understand the concepts of religion.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Ohanka

Actually, the documents which together form a constitution of sorts for the UK, are Magna Carta, The Petition of Right, and The Bill of Rights itself. These lay out the structure, form and powers of limited government in the UK, and in actual fact, were what the American Bill of Rights was based on.

Cool. I never knew that. I did law at A-level but it never really touched on the subject.

Learn something new every day.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I don't know who it is who was saying that people are not old enough to make those distinctions for themselves, but I disagree kayaluv, in both this, and that instance.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Yeah, it's funny - in the transgender threads, everyone was saying 5-year-olds are still learning how to wipe their butts, they are too young to understand concepts like boy and girl - but now all of a sudden 5 is old enough to understand the concepts of religion.

They cant #ing understand anything if placed with a family that cant speak there own #ing language!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

No, you just don´t take away one of the last personal belongings, REGARDLESS if it´s religious or just a teddy bear. That is the point of most in this thread.

What would you say if it was a teddy bear? For me it´s cruel on the same level. The cross may not be seen by her as a religious symbol but if she wears it everyday it becomes part of her routine and you just don´t break that.

It´s not about religion although the OP and the article want to make it about that.

Use some sense, would you feel comfy, being 5 years old being sent to a foreign speaking family that you can´t communicate with, twice?

All you do constantly is push your transgender topic, why not for once see the underlying issues with this.

-Lack of communication
-taking away personal belongings.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join