It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian girl put into foster care with non-English speaking Muslim family

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

yes-...yes I am scared.

And I need my safe space...now !!!

Everybody that's "feeling distressed" can get one. I want one too.

Burqa free safe space. Gimme gimme gimme...and I want it for free...naturally.

Am I not allowed to feel scared ?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

That's more than I got to live off for a fortnight being unable to work through illness. Might be one reason they'd be keen on fostering.

I have absolutely no illusions about their motives. Kaaaa-ching.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Of course you are allowed to feel scared. We all do, its a natural part of being human.

That doesn't mean we should let our fear dictate our choices in life or cause us to place undue pressure or even harm to innocent others out of said fear.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

See how you have already assumed negative qualities merely because you saw the word 'Muslim'. In truth, I think that says a lot more about your own twisted brand of religion than it does about Muslims.

yep...so many positive qualities from burqa and niqab wearing foster mother.

Sky is the limit for the child...

It might be possible but it sure as hell enrages me.

I have spent £7000 in legal fees trying to get my Ecuadorian Girlfreind to the UK on a tourist visa for only 2 weeks just to meet my parents and after 3 attempts the visa is denied. Yet the UK lets people who cant fecking speak english and refuse to integrate live here permanently

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Phonixfromtheashes
Throwing a vulnerable girl into a family that do not respect her culture and belief system

Oh dear me, that sure does look like you're just referencing language there.....

I don't need to report you, you're making enough of a fool of yourself on your own with your blatant racism.

Report for what? The local authority aren't supposed to put white Christian kids with Arab Muslim fosters.

The same way they're not supposed to put an Arab Muslim kid with White Christian fosters.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

well they tolerate Scotland so I guess it isnt a requirement hahaha

thats mad that a court appointed to place this girl in a home to develop her future and her foster parents cant even communicate with her

what was the care system thinking , how did this even happen ?
how are they even foster parents ?

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Phonixfromtheashes
Throwing a vulnerable girl into a family that do not respect her culture and belief system

Oh dear me, that sure does look like you're just referencing language there.....

I don't need to report you, you're making enough of a fool of yourself on your own with your blatant racism.

But that is a important aspect.

A muslim child should not be thrown into a family of hard core devout catholics either. A child needs to be put into a environment that best suites them.

As for making a fool of myself.....not really..... most on this thread as you can see agree with me.

Hell you cant even use the word racist correctly!
edit on 29-8-2017 by Phonixfromtheashes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
long-term lurker, first time posting

for those outside the uk, this has been a big story the last couple of days.
but for me there's something a bit off about what has been reported.

these allegations were made by the kids parents.
the local authority can't comment publicly about the case, nether can the foster parents.
we only have the parents version of events, these are the same people that she was taken away from in the first place.

as for speaking English, yes it's better if you speak the language of the country you move to but it's not necessary (although foster kids should be placed with people who speak the same language)
also, English isn't the only native language of the uk, so requiring people to speak English is a bit controversial in some areas like here in wales.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Culture shock for a kid, being told everything she learned was wrong... yea nothing bad could possibly happen in this situation.

Cannot say I am surprised that some folks are place identity politics over the well being of a child.

I would feel the same about a child that was raised in a muslim household being fostered by a fundamentalist christian family.

The people responsible should face a serious review with the potential for termination of their employment for such a failure.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   

That doesn't mean we should let our fear dictate our choices in life or cause us to place undue pressure or even harm to innocent others out of said fear.

How am I doing it ?

I just want my safe space.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: blueivy

That's why I said we aren't getting the full story. We don't know what the real parents are like or why she was fostered out.
I'd have a guess that the authorities have their hands full so any placement with no obvious threat to the child's safety would do.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Just because there are a large amount of members participating in this thread that believe mixing of religious groups is 'bad' or 'evil' or 'wrong' doesn't make it right. This is a case of racist groupthink, and this thread is acting like an echo-chamber reinforcing the (as I believe) abhorrent concept that religion is something that should divide us and keep us separate/isolated from each other.

The only reason a Christian has to fear from learning/experiencing/knowing the Muslim faith/lifestyle is their own ingrained fear that their belief is weak or subject to sudden change from that exposure. I am going to disagree with anyone who espouses limiting an individuals experience/exposure to the wonderful panoply of ideas and cultures based on an irrational and misguided fear.

Fear-mongering has lead many people in this thread to assume that a child initially raised in a Christian household (and under I assume Christian teaching) is going to be damaged/hurt/made less whole as a result of being exposed to a Muslim household.

If you were not racist then the first inclination one would have would be to assume that a Muslim family (whether they speak English or not) is every bit as morally positive as a Christian family. Any assumptions that a Muslim family would try and immediately indoctrinate or convert the child is in fact more telling as a sign of projection rather than reality.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Poor kid.

Very sorry state of affairs. The council has lost the plot. There are plenty of white families capable of adopting.

The Tower Hamlet Council's website on fostering makes it all sound so good. However, I fail to see how any child could be adopted by a family that is so far dislocated from mainstream British culture and wears a full face veil. To quote the Council's website...

We are looking for carers who can provide a child with a loving and stable environment for them to grow and develop. You will need to help them feel comfortable in your home and their surroundings.

... If you are interested in becoming a foster carer you will need to meet with a social worker many times to talk about yourself, your family and your experiences of looking after children.

Tower Hamlets Council

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Your entire argument is invalid as you dont even know what the term "racist " even means.

Muslim is not a race, Islam is not a race.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

What a load of wild nonsensical speculation.

Personally i'm not a christian. I have very little love for that religion to tell the truth.

The fact is the kid was abused by foster family, the family (one at least) didn't even speak english, and a 5 year old kid who is a white christian shouldn't actually be put with an arab muslim family to begin with for reasons that should be obvious.

Cultures are very different, a 5 year old who had to placed into foster care doesn't need the cultural shock.

I wonder how you would feel had it been a Muslim girl who had been placed with a hardcore Christian family, and she was forbidden from reading the Quran, going to mosque and associating herself with other Muslims?

I actually happen to think people who live in England should speak English since it's the official and majority language. It should be a requirement for both long-term residence and citizenship in the country.
edit on -050008am8kam by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Phonixfromtheashes
Just one moment Phonix I'll get to you in a bit.
In the UK no but in the US to become a citizen you HAVE to recite the pledge in ENGLISH. So yes there are countries where you have to learn the language to become a citizen.
Now Phonix, your situation is easily remedied. You do what all the other immigrants have done. Get your girlfriend to go to Southern Ireland for a holiday. You go over and meet her, travel to Northern Ireland and cross to Liverpool. Tell no-one and live with her till you're found out. Then get her to claim asylum. It is continually working for the illegals so why not you.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

has nothing to do with fear mongering, a young child that has been raised one way, being thrown into a completely different culture can be very difficult for the child to process.

Muslim family, christian child or vice versa, or atheist family religious child, whatever it is a bad choice the well being of the child should be at the top of the list.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

adoptive or foster sprogs.

Sprogs , love it TB . Haven't heard that since high school , sometime deep into last century .

edit on 29-8-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I don't care so much that they don't speak English but why would you stick a little girl with them that couldn't talk to them?
She's already scared from being displaced and then you throw a huge culture change that she will not understand. What must be going through her head?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   

The only reason a Christian has to fear from learning/experiencing/knowing the Muslim faith/lifestyle is their own ingrained fear that their belief is weak or subject to sudden change from that exposure.

dont want no learning and experiencing Islam. My forefathers and their forefathers have been under the Islamic rule for 500 years. There is nothing pretty in it for us.

Fear-mongering has lead many people in this thread to assume that a child initially raised in a Christian household (and under I assume Christian teaching) is going to be damaged/hurt/made less whole as a result of being exposed to a Muslim household.

but you assumed just the opposite. For some unknown reason....when hard cold logic dictates differently.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join