It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian girl put into foster care with non-English speaking Muslim family

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

actually...i think it is required. If it isnt...it should be. In my country...it is required before being granted citizen. Makes perfect sense.

a domovnica?

I got one and was never asked if I spoke Croatian.

If you have a birth Certificate then you can also get citizenship.

yep...so many positive qualities from burqa and niqab wearing foster mother.

Yes, I don't think what a women wears dictates how well she is at mothering a child.

being from Australia...I gather you have Croatian heritage, right ?

There is a difference.

As for women wear...she can be well meaning...but ultimately...and I'm gonna say it...Islamic customs are simply in opposition with western values.

You dont have to believe that of course. But it's the naked truth.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
some sects of islam believe non muslims are beneath human beings and therefore can be sexually abused - even as children - without it counting. This being the case, it is unsettling that a christian white person would be adopted into an islamic family with cultural differences so extreme they don't even speak the same language.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: skynet2015

to me...at best...this is forced Islamisation of a child.

There is no way in hell this family would not try to bring her up as a muslim. Does it necessarily mean these muslims are bad people...no. Though I sincerely doubt the family was checked if they are viable as foster parents to begin with.

But it's not about that. If this child was born and raised a muslim...then there would be no issue to speak off.

People just so desperately want to play down the importance or even existence of a cultural divide, that is so damn obvious to rational human beings.

We have denounced the truth in favor of feelings. A dangerous road. Hope I dont get to live with the consequences...sadly...my child will more then likely have to deal with it.

Future generations will in the end be the judge.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

Sky is the limit for the child...

Hey man, if you're racist because you're afraid of a headscarf then who am I to stop you. Such strange things for grown men to be terrified of nowadays.

Love how you throw around the "R" word, like it's your new favourite addition to your vocabulary. You have no constructive argument other than to just call people racists.

Antifa much, bro?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   
These same councils will try and stop an afro Caribbean kid being raised by a white, English family because of a cultural incompatibility, when 90% of our cultures are the same. Yet, deem it ok to stick an English girl with a non speaking islamic family.

There is something going on here that is more than just stupidity.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I don't care so much that they don't speak English but why would you stick a little girl with them that couldn't talk to them?
She's already scared from being displaced and then you throw a huge culture change that she will not understand. What must be going through her head?

Personally i would punish those that placed her with that family, the child is already reeling from a whole lot of things..i would consider this a serious form of child abuse and would deal with the perpetrators quite sternly.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I don't care so much that they don't speak English but why would you stick a little girl with them that couldn't talk to them?
She's already scared from being displaced and then you throw a huge culture change that she will not understand. What must be going through her head?

Personally i would punish those that placed her with that family, the child is already reeling from a whole lot of things..i would consider this a serious form of child abuse and would deal with the perpetrators quite sternly.

So punish the entity that is underfunded, understaffed like it is their fault, the people that get into that line of work do it to try and help.

Perhaps some blame needs to be shifted toward the policy makers, the same a-holes that screw each and everyone of us plebs over each and every day.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheInfiniteFantastic

If they take away the girls personal belongings because of their religious prejudice they can´t be considered "loving and caring". The fact that she was moved out also indicates, contrary to what you think, that they are not fit to take up a foster child.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I cand belieb da goberment wuld let dis happen. Day might not be able to speak da english but yu cand wright da english. The only difference is dey will learn to speak da second language and so will da girl. u to lazy to learn one. you know ids tru

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Phonixfromtheashes

And do you honestly think a christian girl is better off in an orphanage rather than with a loving couple no matter what religion. That Catholic church gobbles kids up and spits them out. Narrow minded carbuncle you are.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
The judge at the family courts has now removed the child from the foster home and placed her with her grandmother. The council where the decision was originally made are now taking issue with the press for irresponsible and incorrect reporting.

My view is the council/social workers made a very poor decision based upon racist assumptions that all brown people are the same, the council are trying to hide this to save face (instead of sacking the decision maker). The only voice of reason is the judge who removed the child from the council's (possibly outsourced to private fostering, third sector, not for profit outfit where execs collect fat paycheques and workers are on zero hours contracts) and placed her with family that love her. WTF could reason not have prevailed in the first place?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

a reply to: Phonixfromtheashes

Nice, way to clearly and obtusely demonstrate your ingrained religious bias. The issue is the fact that the foster parents didn't speak the girls language, not that they were a different religion. To make any argument otherwise is to even more clearly demonstrate your racism against a religious-ethnic group.

See how you have already assumed negative qualities merely because you saw the word 'Muslim'. In truth, I think that says a lot more about your own twisted brand of religion than it does about Muslims.

Reverse it, give a muslim kid to christians.

Yeah and throw in the language barrier.

Let's see how that goes in the court of public opinion.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

Sky is the limit for the child...

Hey man, if you're racist because you're afraid of a headscarf then who am I to stop you. Such strange things for grown men to be terrified of nowadays.

You need to do a bit of brushing up on your insults. He is NOT racist because he slams a RELIGION. White muslims wear burqua's as well. You picked the wrong insult to lob at the poster.

Glad I could help you see that.

Dorian Soran.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Simon1967

Yep. But apparently it's much more fun to bash the Muslims.

Considering the patriarchal hierarchy within the families, I'm surprised you don't.

That is a cultural thing, not a Muslim thing.

Pretty prevalent in Muslim culture is it not?

about as much as it is in all Human culture.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MartinD28

Why in the hell was an english speaking christian girl placed with non-english speaking muslims!?

Can you point out where it clearly states they are non English speaking?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

being from Australia...I gather you have Croatian heritage, right ? There is a difference.

Difference between a domovnica and a citizenship?

Is that what you are saying?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Just because there are a large amount of members participating in this thread that believe mixing of religious groups is 'bad' or 'evil' or 'wrong' doesn't make it right. This is a case of racist groupthink, and this thread is acting like an echo-chamber reinforcing the (as I believe) abhorrent concept that religion is something that should divide us and keep us separate/isolated from each other.

The only reason a Christian has to fear from learning/experiencing/knowing the Muslim faith/lifestyle is their own ingrained fear that their belief is weak or subject to sudden change from that exposure. I am going to disagree with anyone who espouses limiting an individuals experience/exposure to the wonderful panoply of ideas and cultures based on an irrational and misguided fear.

Fear-mongering has lead many people in this thread to assume that a child initially raised in a Christian household (and under I assume Christian teaching) is going to be damaged/hurt/made less whole as a result of being exposed to a Muslim household.

If you were not racist then the first inclination one would have would be to assume that a Muslim family (whether they speak English or not) is every bit as morally positive as a Christian family. Any assumptions that a Muslim family would try and immediately indoctrinate or convert the child is in fact more telling as a sign of projection rather than reality.

Oh gawd, we have the group 'you are a bigot' / 'you are a racist' peddler...

Its been reported by Tower Hamlets that there are numerous inconsistencies with what has been published, one being the non English speaking part but for Child protection reasons they cannot comment on other portions of the story. But had it been true it would have been a massive no no purely from the ability to teach and communicate with the child.

On the point of the family being Muslim, well it depends what type of Muslim, a normal one then there's no issues but should they be Wuhhabists then for me that would be unacceptable as their way of bringing up children is both cruel and oppressive. There's also the reverse point, lets say this was a Muslim child and they wanted to put it with a Christian family, I think you would hear a LARGE number of Muslims protesting it, would you be willing to call them racist or bigots?

The child in my book should be placed with a family that is both safe and as closely mirrors their upbringing in a positive way.

As for Tower Hamlets themselves, not worth the money they are paid, the government had to send in a caretaking staff because of the levels of corruption of assets which were being sold off or given to Pakistani Muslims by the then leader. They also have a strange social working management where many cases have been either flagged for wrongs reasons or totally ignored leading to child abuse and even death.

You sir just seem to one of those liberal types who just gets off on calling people bigots and racist even when race is not part of the issue, as in this thread.

Perhaps you will join Antifa and start calling us all Nazi's...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

You are so painfully foolish and ignorant, any average decent thinking man would in a matter of hours realize that islam is evil, if they put forth any effort to investigate beyond the pro islamic CAIR propaganda. If you read only one book in your lifetime. Read Willful Blindness by Andrew C. McCarthy or Wholly Different by Nonie Darwash. Your using "racist" as your adjective of choice to describe differing opinions than your own is certainly a symbol of your silly childish understanding of the world. islam is not a race, genius. It is islamofacism and a political ideology. Either you are willfully and deliberately ignorant or you are a moslem because noraml ordinary people do not make such claims or defend islam. Apparently you have no understanding of sharia, read" reliance of the traveler". Even the islamic sholar Mawlana Abu'l-A' la Mawdudi says this of islam, " the very anthesis of secular Western democracy" Any poor child not born muslim subjected to the intolerance and submission of islam will suffer greatly both mentally, spiritually and possibly physically. i.e. Female Genitlal Mutilation. If you had an ounce of respect for true human rights you would be appalled by this. The only rights people have under islam are the rights allowed them by sharia and the government. WTF is wrong with all of you defenders of vile stupidity? Where are the reasonable adults who actually study and investigate and develop wisdom and knowledge?

(post by Mousygretchen removed for a manners violation)
(post by Mousygretchen removed for a manners violation)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join