It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian girl put into foster care with non-English speaking Muslim family

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: Simon1967

Yep. But apparently it's much more fun to bash the Muslims.

Considering the patriarchal hierarchy within the families, I'm surprised you don't.

That is a cultural thing, not a Muslim thing.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: odzeandennz
strange... there's no outrage when non English children are put in the care of English speaking families, aka non Muslim, non minority families.

Does that happen a lot in predominantly Muslim countries?

so it is the frequency of when it happens and the religion tge foster parents are which matters.

but this happens quite often in East Africa and Central Africa... look for your own source. it's there... and not a single thread...

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

If it isn't,it damn well should be.
Communication is pretty key in a family.
edit on 29-8-2017 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

You're just Trolling, aren't you?

edit on 29-8-2017 by stelth2 because: .

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Sure, what could go wrong with giving a white Christian girl to a group of people that have shown to believe in child marriage, honor killings, etc?? And to boot they can't even communicate with each other. Sounds totally logical to me.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454

a reply to: Simon1967

Yep. But apparently it's much more fun to bash the Muslims.

Considering the patriarchal hierarchy within the families, I'm surprised you don't.

That is a cultural thing, not a Muslim thing.

Pretty prevalent in Muslim culture is it not?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phonixfromtheashes

Don't be Crazy, I was responding to a point that it can't be racist to be against a religion. People can be against a religion for reasons of race as much as purely being against the religion. The two can overlap and often do.

FWIW I agree that it was ridiculous to place the kid with that family.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Nice, way to clearly and obtusely demonstrate your ingrained religious bias. The issue is the fact that the foster parents didn't speak the girls language, not that they were a different religion. To make any argument otherwise is to even more clearly demonstrate your racism against a religious-ethnic group.

See how you have already assumed negative qualities merely because you saw the word 'Muslim'. In truth, I think that says a lot more about your own twisted brand of religion than it does about Muslims.

Maybe your country is different, but here in the states, we are seeing issues with fostering/adopting children of different ethnic groups if you are white. The agencies are "concerned" that you will not expose them to their proper cultures.

I don't know how this is carried out in the UK though.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarerislam is not a race. it is a cult based around the teachings of a 6th century warlord . my question is how was this family chosen to foster children don't you have to apply and be vetted to be able to provide a safe home for a foster child? if so how did them not being able to speak english not come up.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
a reply to: knoxie

Yeah the girl went through two muslim families both of which abused her and had to be moved.

The local authority is either criminally negligent or acting out of outright malice.

Corruption:
www.bbc.co.uk...

www.itv.com...

www.eastlondonadvertiser.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Why are you so upset about details? When I read a story I like details and information.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: tribal
a reply to: kaylaluv

who is saying kids are too young to understand what it means to be a girl or boy? have you read the scandinavian studies on gender that showed no matter what the social engineers did to try to eradicate any gender bias in the school that boys still predominantly chose "masculine" toys like trucks and soldiers and girls predominantly chose "feminine" toys, i.e. dolls etc. ?

Not me. You're preaching to the choir. I have said all along that children as young as 3 understand the basic concept of gender, and know what gender they are, even when they have gender dysphoria. Parents are not telling them they have it - these kids know they have it.

on its face (prima facie) this child should be put into an environment that most closely matches what is normative for it. Do you or do you not agree with that basic idea? irrespective of "what ifs". Just give me a yes or no answer if you could.

Is it reasonable, if other options exist, to put a child into an environment so radically different than what she has known since birth and to do it not once but TWICE!?!??!

yes or no answer please.

I am not going to give a yes or no here, sorry. Yes, it would be ideal to put a white child with a white family, a black child with a black family, a Jewish child with a Jewish family, etc. However, I have seen black children adopted by white families (when there were no black families available) who did just fine, even though they might have missed out on some of their black culture.

Do we know for certain that there were Christian families available in this case at the time the child needed to be placed somewhere? I think that should be part of the investigation.

There is a VAST difference between Burka wearing women and just about anyone else she could have been placed with, asian, black, atheist, whatever.

Can't you tell ?

Is the difference in women's rights not obvious enough for you ?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

originally posted by: tribal
a reply to: kaylaluv

who is saying kids are too young to understand what it means to be a girl or boy? have you read the scandinavian studies on gender that showed no matter what the social engineers did to try to eradicate any gender bias in the school that boys still predominantly chose "masculine" toys like trucks and soldiers and girls predominantly chose "feminine" toys, i.e. dolls etc. ?

Not me. You're preaching to the choir. I have said all along that children as young as 3 understand the basic concept of gender, and know what gender they are, even when they have gender dysphoria. Parents are not telling them they have it - these kids know they have it.

on its face (prima facie) this child should be put into an environment that most closely matches what is normative for it. Do you or do you not agree with that basic idea? irrespective of "what ifs". Just give me a yes or no answer if you could.

Is it reasonable, if other options exist, to put a child into an environment so radically different than what she has known since birth and to do it not once but TWICE!?!??!

yes or no answer please.

I am not going to give a yes or no here, sorry. Yes, it would be ideal to put a white child with a white family, a black child with a black family, a Jewish child with a Jewish family, etc. However, I have seen black children adopted by white families (when there were no black families available) who did just fine, even though they might have missed out on some of their black culture.

Do we know for certain that there were Christian families available in this case at the time the child needed to be placed somewhere? I think that should be part of the investigation.

There is a VAST difference between Burka wearing women and just about anyone else she could have been placed with, asian, black, atheist, whatever.

Can't you tell ?

Is the difference in women's rights not obvious enough for you ?

This right here ^

Why in the hell was an english speaking christian girl placed with non-english speaking muslims!?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

This is adoption..

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Racism is against a race, not a religion. The word racism does not work there. Bigotry, sure, but not racism. Im tired of the word racism being thrown around like its going out of style. The correct word for you would be "triggered". Learn proper English yourself before you try hurling insults.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
A 4 year old girl removed from a dysfunctional black family. Placed in with right wing neo nazis.

THEN THE LEFT WOULD GIVE A SH!T.

So, you're equating Muslims with neo-nazis now? Your false comparisons say more about you than anyone else.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Anyway, a family judge in the UK has ruled the kid should be cared for by a family member.

A judge has ruled a Christian girl should live with a family member in a case in which it was claimed she was placed with a Muslim foster family.

BBC update

The detail behind this affair will be unseen by the public because it involves a vulnerable child.

While placing kids with suitable families has to be the aim of social services, it does seem Tower Hamlets Council should rethink some basics, especially when the foster family are photographed wearing Niqabs - clothing that is so culturally aloof from mainstream society that it is banned in other liberal countries. Additionally, it's widely reported that there was language differences, although denied by the Council, which may or may not be true. Certainly, you can imagine a situation where the fosterer speaks English to the child but the household speaks Bangladeshi, or whatever. The language differences in some communities is a profound problem, especially with women - oh yes, that culture thing again.

Fostering is often short-term care and so long as the fosterer is suitable then it should not matter the religion and colour. It's a tough job, but surely the Council can see they have made some errors here.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Good post.

Fostering is often short-term care and so long as the fosterer is suitable then it should not matter the religion and colour. It's a tough job, but surely the Council can see they have made some errors here.

I'm not sure about there but here there are shortages of foster carers for the kids that need them, so that plays a part in these decisions.

Funding is another issue here as the agencies also compete for funding . My son was in foster care for a while I learned a lot about the system here and how mismanaged it is.

edit on 30-8-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Is it required for someone to speak english in order to be a good family capable of taking care of a child in need?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

The most disgusting think is the family did not speak English! What the # are people doing living permanently in Britain when they cant speak English let alone being foster parents? My girlfreind from south America cant even get a 2 week tourist visa yet If your muslim and cant speak English you get to live here! Secondly how is this not child abuse? Throwing a vulnerable girl into a family that do not respect her culture and belief system......and cant even communicate with her?

You should take care of making any quick judgement or harsh criticism about the family or this situation. It would be most likely that the family in question is a very loving and caring one.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join