It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Alt-Left Craziness Driving Centrists To The Right

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Trump won due to white blue collar voters. This group was written off and demonized by Democrats. He won strategic states that typically are Democrat strongholds because he had a message that resonated with these blue collar voters.

Democrats normalizing far leftist attitudes is what pushed these guys to vite Republican or atleast for Trump.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

I wold put a large bet those blue collar voters come for his head when he can't get anything done as well. They won't accept his excuses for ever.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
time.com...

Donald Trump’s challenge on August 15 — “what about the alt-left” — has stirred silly arguments. Claiming there is no “alt-left” because no one calls themselves “alt-left,” ignores the long, colorful history of political nicknaming. And claiming there is no “alt-left” because all leftists hate Neo-Nazis mistakenly defines the “alt-” modifier as being about racism not fanaticism. With 100 goons from the Left having attacked peaceful demonstrators from the Right as recently as this Sunday afternoon in Berkeley, we must stop viewing the growing epidemic of political brutality through myopic, partisan lenses. The real question remains: Is “alt-left” a useful term? You can repudiate racism unequivocally, yet still recognize an “alt-left” in America today. The term emphasizes a new breed of extremist — virtual, vitriolic and violent — without getting tangled in the rights or wrongs of being anti-Trump, against police violence or bigoted. Similarly, in the 1930s and 1940s, when Americans condemned Communism and Nazism for being totalitarian, they weren’t accusing Communists of murdering Jews like the Nazis did.
well thats times take on the matter its an interesting read and should have something for each side of the isle but ends with this nice tid bit

Neither Left nor Right has a monopoly on virtue or violence. The “alt-left” continues the violence of the Weatherman and the Black Panthers in the 1970s, and the hooliganism of the “Battle of Seattle” WTO Protestors in 1999. And like the alt-right, leftwing radicals are finding ideological allies worldwide, particular among Jeremy Corbyn’s Labourites; these British leftists also prefer dictating the outcomes they seek instead of trusting democratic processes to work. Yes, calling radicals the “alt-left” is mischievous, tarring those fanatics with their ideological rivals’ brush. But as Communists and Fascists showed, the political world is round. If you go too far left or right, you meet in the anti-democratic land of intolerance and violence.

www.vanityfair.com... vanity fairs take on the matter

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: pavil

More total votes for Hilary bro. You're putting feels before reels.

I'm going to post this again here, bold emphasis mine:

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” - Isaac Asimov

And how exactly did that more total votes thing work out for you bro?? Problem with you people is you still think the American public still sides with Dems when the election made it blatantly obvious they don't. But hey keep on going down the dems are the only righteous party out road and see where you are in 2018 and 2020....

Sheesh.....for a person who doesn't mind being the "teacher' you sure aren't a very good learner!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

You have no idea what you're talking about from the first line. Not everyone who voted for Obama has to be supportive of the far-left. Go back to the beginning of this conversation, re-read with an open mind. I promise you will understand it if you take the blinders off.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

If you've noticed, more than a few "on the right" apparently have zero creativity.

They merely copy things from "the other side" ... like SJW, triggered, safe spaces, etc.

With "alt-left" they stole from themselves ... which is amusing to no end.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

More Americans voted "Dem" than "Rep" ...

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

So after four years of Obama they voted again and then we're surprised got it.

Or they didn't vote for Obama after seeing the first 4 years and you embellished the story.

It's pretty simple.

Personally I think not being bipolar and staying rational probably ly helps you avoid swinging your beliefs to opposites every 4 years.
edit on 29-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

You have no idea what you're talking about from the first line. Not everyone who voted for Obama has to be supportive of the far-left. Go back to the beginning of this conversation, re-read with an open mind. I promise you will understand it if you take the blinders off.

Terrorism isn't far left. Usually, it's another aspect of authoritarian control ... which is firmly right-wing.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Really?? You're still holding onto the majority vote thing....Even knowing that it's not majority that wins elections, even knowing that Trump won and IS president....even knowing that a lot of votes that made of the majority were fraudulent?

You're gonna sit there and still spew that "she won the popular vote" crap??

Well I only have one question....Who is President??

Put that in your pipe and smoke ALT LEFT!!!!

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

The 75% of the American people have spoken. It is just that none of the 25% seem to be listening. They aren't listening to anyone because they are either bought, or so obsessed with party politics that they can't see, hear, or reason anything other then their own ideals.

75% of the American don't back either side. Trump got into office not because they expected him to restore America. He was voted in to stall the train of old professional politicians.

They were hoping it would buy some time to get a truly worthy candidate into position for election, but the 25% is winning because they will not let the political landscape be changed.

They keep pulling up the seedlings and pissing in the fountains.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Less than 50 percent of the voting pop voted. Most modern presidential elections are nearly 50/50 by population. So let's say 25 percent voted Democrat. Out of those 25, 10 percent are the true believers. .....

Unless you are in Chicago, where more people vote than are registered apparently:

Link

I get your point however. The extremes have always been there in about the same percentages as in past years, it's just the media has made them a cause célèbre. No one knew or even cared of Richard Spencer till the media made him their darling.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Really?? You're still holding onto the majority vote thing....Even knowing that it's not majority that wins elections, even knowing that Trump won and IS president....even knowing that a lot of votes that made of the majority were fraudulent?

You're gonna sit there and still spew that "she won the popular vote" crap??

Well I only have one question....Who is President??

Put that in your pipe and smoke ALT LEFT!!!!

Or Even better, the popularity vote every 2 years we have in the House of Representatives

Link

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil
Chicago. Literally one of the world's most corrupt political systems. Since prohibition.....

Chicago is prime example of a sessions trump complete trust in the police is a huge problem. They are very corrupt in many places and the entire policing structure and training need over hauls.

Just a little plug there on my hatred of Jeff sessions.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Less than 25 percent of eligible voters voted for Trump.

I don't think the people have spoken, I think half have given up and another 25 percent vote in the middle.

This election just had no choices so it was a crap shoot.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Edumakated

I wold put a large bet those blue collar voters come for his head when he can't get anything done as well. They won't accept his excuses for ever.

Perhaps.... but only if the alternative is deemed more palatable. So far they haven't mounted much of an Opposition.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

If you're going to discuss what most PEOPLE think, believe and support ... perhaps you might want to consider the POPULAR vote. (Hint, that's kind of the definition.)

The only time a majority doesn't win an election in the US is the Presidential election.

No, there's no evidence now or at any other time that any significant votes are fraudulent.

Did I say "She won the popular vote"? No, sure didn't (even though she did by the widest margin in history).

If you check, you'll find for example, that more folks also voted for Democrats in the Senate in 2016, yet, for some reason, Republicans won a majority of seats. In previous years, Democrats received more votes in both the House and Senate.

You guys just can't accept the fact that most Americans DIDN'T vote for Trump, his poll numbers are abysmal and falling. He's exposed himself as a bumbling incompetent, embarrassed US in front of the world, and has alienated himself from his own cabinet, the Congress, and most Americans.

Ooo ... you used all caps.

/snort

edit on 29-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
In my limited sphere yes it appears so, I have friends and family that were solid democrats now distancing themselves from them and discussing alternatives going forward.

Of course others have gone full potato to the left as well... so your mileage may vary.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I didn't embellish anything, once again you're making # up. I didn't indicate at all who they voted for in '12. Some of them didn't vote at all in '12 because they were disappointed with Obama and didn't like Romney. It's documented fact that voter turnout was down for the '12 election compared to '08. It's also documented fact that there was a not insignificant number of Obama voters who voted for Trump, no matter how much you want to pretend that didn't happen.

Again, if you go back to the start of this exchange and read with an open mind, you might be able to understand what I'm saying instead of projecting your own thoughts and feelings onto it.

The only thing you've said in this entire exchange that made sense was about some people voting for Obama not understanding what they were voting for. That is true. Some people didn't know much about him or his policies but just wanted to have a black president.
edit on 29 8 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

Edit: clarified that '12 voter turnout was down compared to '08. It was still on the high side compared to a lot of past elections.
edit on 29 8 17 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It seems that more people are moving toward "the middle" as well as asking themselves why there is never a Moderate option offered on the ballot.

We will see that change in the next few cycles, I hope.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join