It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is The Alt-Left Craziness Driving Centrists To The Right

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
So you have a centrist voter in Wisconsin he/she voted for Obama twice, not having a good choice this election last election cycle they stayed home and never voted.
But now they see an insane shift occurring one that the democrats won't stop rather they will encourage he/she sees it building without letup, they are't too big on Trump and the GOP, but they see at least this way it might get stopped so in 2018 they vote GOP and in 2020 they vote for Trump for the first time, why; to try and stop the shift of craziness. I think the independents that have critical thinking skills are being pushed away equally by the Alt-left and Alt-right, they can't identify with either side, they are politically homeless. But at some point they are going to pick a side.
Just like the Ron Paul libertarians, trying never to pick the lesser of two evils.

But maybe to use a Star Wars reference it's actually a choice of what you would rather fight a "Death Star" or a "Super Star Destroyer", again picking the lessor of two evils may become a political necessity in the near future.

edit on 29-8-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

No, because the "alt-left" doesn't exist. It's a made up name by alt-right extremists and right wing talking heads.

Extreme left liberals don't call themselves "alt-left". No one on that side of the political spectrum uses that term when talking about themselves. It's made up. Fake. Fabricated.

Now, alt-right? Sure. There are lots of people who call themselves alt-right. In fact, it is those very people who invented the term "alt-left" because they wanted to take the pressure off of themselves.

Find me a radical liberal who calls themselves "alt-left". I'll wait.

Give me 30 seconds and I'll find you 100 far-right folks proud to be called "alt-right".

+48 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

No, because the "alt-left" doesn't exist. It's a made up name by alt-right extremists

Hahahaha good one...

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Care to prove me wrong? I'll be here...waiting....

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

Care to prove me wrong? I'll be here...waiting....

IF the alt left doesn't exist how can the alt right ?

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Because some right-wing dudes decided to call themselves that.

I can't find any liberals who call themselves "alt-left". I can find plenty of right wingers who call themselves alt-right tho...

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Like Kettu wrote, there is no alt-left.
I looked on a chart that lists my views as liberal.

GOP is already pretty far right. Sticking with Trump is driving them to Autocracy. That's the craziness. I have yet to see a personality cult lead to anything good.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
OP no offense but this sounds like a fantasy the alt-right would wank to.

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   

No, because the "alt-left" doesn't exist. It's a made up name by alt-right extremists and right wing talking heads.

Extreme left liberals don't call themselves "alt-left". No one on that side of the political spectrum uses that term when talking about themselves. It's made up. Fake. Fabricated.

Now, alt-right? Sure. There are lots of people who call themselves alt-right. In fact, it is those very people who invented the term "alt-left" because they wanted to take the pressure off of themselves.

Find me a radical liberal who calls themselves "alt-left". I'll wait.

Give me 30 seconds and I'll find you 100 far-right folks proud to be called "alt-right".

It's almost comical that even someone supposedly independent can't get you to realize your sides gone overboard. You are getting hung up on the name rather than what your side is doing.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

Like Kettu wrote, there is no alt-left.
I looked on a chart that lists my views as liberal.

GOP is already pretty far right. Sticking with Trump is driving them to Autocracy. That's the craziness. I have yet to see a personality cult lead to anything good.

Whatever the name, if you don't realize independents broke for Trump this last election, then well, I can't help you. Stay in denial.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Yeah, I went into some of the craziest left-leaning and hardcore liberal places and no one was using the word "alt-left" to describe themselves.

What people on ATS don't understand is yes -- there are radical liberals just like radical conservatives.

Some of those radical conservatives call themselves alt-right.

However....

None of those radical liberals call themselves alt-left. That name, this "alt-left" was invented by the alt-right.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I posted this in another thread but to Generation Z, Conservatism is the new counterculture.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

I posted this in another thread but to Generation Z, Conservatism is the new counterculture.

yeahhhh probably not tho. milo is not much of an authority on the actual kids.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

More total votes for Hilary bro. You're putting feels before reels.

I'm going to post this again here, bold emphasis mine:

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'” - Isaac Asimov

+30 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Because some right-wing dudes decided to call themselves that.

I can't find any liberals who call themselves "alt-left". I can find plenty of right wingers who call themselves alt-right tho...

So if Nazis Don't call themselves Nazis, they don't exist? Some mighty fine logic you have there, you passing it around?

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Thats fine......look at any exit poll you want. Going further left cost you the election. I'm glad you don't believe/realize that.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Heh, never mind
edit on 29-8-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

No, if nazi's don't call themselves nazi's they're not nazi's. They're obviously something else with another name.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

Thats fine......look at any exit poll you want. Going further left cost you the election. I'm glad you don't believe/realize that.

The Democratic party is more centrist now than ever. LOL

You obviously don't hang out with a liberal crowd, do you?

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

Give it some time. Eventually it will come to the point where these young ones will want to distance themselves from the Millennials.

Other articles like Forbes are confirming many of the young ones in Generation Z will be Conservative.

According to research, Gen Z is more individualistic, more conservative both socially and fiscally, and they’re already making waves of impact on our political system.

www.forbes.com...

I'm pretty sure Generation Z don't want associate themselves with people like the ones in the videos below:

edit on 8/29/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join