It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Are Brainwashed - Is There No Escape?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Did I really want to have that discussion regarding the Russian hacking after reading about Anwar being taken in to custody?
Even ATS directs my behavior, we choose what's allowed to influence us, sometimes at least...

I believe the mentally feeble really have no where to go other than deeper down their own personal rabbit hole.
Leave them be... They would laugh if you tried to explain, sounding like a crazy person is usually how one comes across when telling the 'subjective' truth.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Everything that has beginning will come to an ending. Theres that and that neat secret of lies wont last, even if they come in waves and cycles, they will eventually have no dwelling place.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

I'm not so sure what you are describing is brain washing as much as humanity. We are mimetic creatures by nature. We develop based on what the other is doing. Yes many take advantage of it with conditioning programming and even brain washing, but to call all of it brainwashing waters down the term.

It's like calling anyone you don't agree with a nazi as is happening right now by certain segments of the population.

I agree with the premise wholly. We are completely programmed both from epigenetics mechanisms and from learned behaviors in our lifetimes. I just wouldn't call it all brainwashing.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I think the key to this is live a simple life.

Have a few close friends and enjoy your down time Praying helps me make sense of a day and it's events.
I dont worry about tomorrow. its a weight off.
debt free. care free.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I need to look into who wrote the screenplay for the LEGOS movie.
That movie covers it nicely.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

So true. I have caught myself reacting to certain stories or events, just as they were intended to do, bring a reaction. I guess the effect is stronger on some than others, but ultimately we are all effected in some way.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

There is no escape for any of us. Even the richest trillionaire is trapped in this Matrix. We are all co dependent. I have become obsessed with control myself. I refuse to let anyone "screw" with me financially or emotionally because people in my society have become so abusive and exploitative of each other. I have to do this as a matter of survival and I hate doing it.

All I have is "yes" and "no". Jesus was right about this, Urim and Thummim. All our responses must be consent or rejection. We can beat the politician, the advertiser, the scammer and even our own urges by consent or rejection. One can either CHOOSE to take high interest repayment credit, pay to play a rip off gambling game that is utterly stacked against the player to extort money from them or reject these tools of hard core usury and capitalism.

Every human weakness is exploited in our hard core capitalist system; gambling, alcohol, drugs, sex, sport, materialism, fast food. If it makes money and can get around the law (or even not be lawful, but under the radar of authority) it will be ruthlessly executed to make money.

Self awareness, spacial awareness, psychological savvy are now requisite survival skills. We are preyed on by every demon and temptation constantly. The Media, Business and Banking and governments are the machines that manipulates us in a relationship of usury and exploitation. Even I at the bottom of their pyramid with all my burden and misery are buying into certain control mechanisms. I buy music technology (spend thousands on it, though it is my choice) and have a life time addiction to Black Market cannabis (again, an informed choice as a response to the pain of circumstance that life stings me with).

Sincere and gentle people like me who are honest and don't want to hurt and exploit others have now been cast under the bruising boots of capitalism. People who succeed in our systems have to behave very selfishly and ruthlessly or they will lose. It is the nature of the Beast.

edit on 29-8-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

The thought processes are nothing new, neither is sticking it to the man or conspiracies.

As a topic, it always gets me confuddled. Brainwashing is too weak of a word, it's a good old paint that'll adhere to any surface. But what happens to humans on a conscious and subconscious level is way beyond paint, it's a sanding, varnish polish and buff kind of thing, and we aren't just dealing with wood.

Because if it's just brainwashing, then the case is that everything brainwashes us. Nature, mathematics, our senses, our subconscious, everything.

We're just bags of chemicals, our emotions are chemical reactions, our basic desires are chemicals. I don't believe the key to "defeating" brainwashing is to overcome those chemicals, I'd like to think that those apparent ascendant ones such as Buddha were onto something.

Learn to be at peace.

Like I said it's nothing new. When Buddha sat I bet those chemicals screamed at him that we are starving and I'd bet when Jesus stayed in the desert he had a sense of despair and dread. They clearly silenced those urges and were at peace or didn't care (gone underground).

See the thing is though, reality is a box. We live inside that box, we can't be outside of that box nor could we conceivably imagine the outside. The box can be as big as you want it to be though.

See, this is why this topic gets me a bit all over, it's not just about brainwashing. It's much bigger than that, it involves where we are going, what we're doing, religion, philosophy, evolution. Everything.

It's the basis of interaction.

I could argue that life is no different from the elements. Brainwashing is akin to making exotic isotopes in the lab, simply forcing reactions that are rarely if ever found in nature.

I feel like I've rambled and not made a point... Confuddled!

How do you beat it?

Going underground, learn to be at peace or evolve from being human.

Sex sells and now everyone is addicted to sex, sex isn't bad in itself but addiction is. But a lot has had to change for us to get into a position that we have today. Imagine taking your average female drinker on a Friday night back time, if that time was the Victorian era then she'd probably die.

She'd be buried under a mountain of coats.

That's how I know I too am trapped. I needed my fix. It involved some serious emotions and deep reflection.

Trapped? Maybe it's some free cheese and a challenge?

But it is deep and when you get a basic understanding of brainwashing or "programming and interaction" it kinda leaves a lasting impression on your thought processes... Brainwashing?

Who has the answers?

Only smarties have the answers.

(I bet most will get that one, see brainwashing!)
edit on 29-8-2017 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Yes, good post.

I agree that "finding Peace" is the only way to step out of the box, at least for a moment.

And that's why we say R.I.P. to the fallen, because if you cannot find Peace in Death, than there will be no way to release this world and move forward towards something better - whatever that may be.

I was really hoping that people would see how I was alluding to religious and philosophical connotations with all of this, I'm very pleased you picked up on that.
edit on 8/29/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther
Did I really want to have that discussion regarding the Russian hacking after reading about Anwar being taken in to custody?
Even ATS directs my behavior, we choose what's allowed to influence us, sometimes at least...

I believe the mentally feeble really have no where to go other than deeper down their own personal rabbit hole.
Leave them be... They would laugh if you tried to explain, sounding like a crazy person is usually how one comes across when telling the 'subjective' truth.

Well normally we would all very much like to discuss how Russia hacked us, but recently we actually want to talk about Nazis and stuff.

So to answer your question, as you look at my watch swinging back and forth - yes, yes you do want to talk about Russians hacking the election. You want to be very upset about this.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: romilo
Everything that has beginning will come to an ending. Theres that and that neat secret of lies wont last, even if they come in waves and cycles, they will eventually have no dwelling place.

I agree that eventually that is likely true to a great extent.

But at the same time, being the cynic that I typically am, I can't help but think that I'm going to be dealing with the lies and that the end won't be here anytime soon.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: zardust

I'm not so sure what you are describing is brain washing as much as humanity. We are mimetic creatures by nature. We develop based on what the other is doing. Yes many take advantage of it with conditioning programming and even brain washing, but to call all of it brainwashing waters down the term.

It's like calling anyone you don't agree with a nazi as is happening right now by certain segments of the population.

I agree with the premise wholly. We are completely programmed both from epigenetics mechanisms and from learned behaviors in our lifetimes. I just wouldn't call it all brainwashing.

The reason I called it brainwashing was primarily twofold.

First I wanted to convey the idea that someone somewhere was crafting ideas for the express purpose of convincing us of something to benefit their own personal agenda, and secondly I merely used the term because of it's pervasiveness and because I knew everyone would recognize the term and understand the gist of what I was conveying.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
I think the key to this is live a simple life.

Have a few close friends and enjoy your down time Praying helps me make sense of a day and it's events.
I dont worry about tomorrow. its a weight off.
debt free. care free.

I agree wholeheartedly, but I'd suggest that you don't have to live a certain way.
You can find that Peace whether you are rich and famous, or poor and unknown.

God is there for everyone any time they decide to recognize it.

Praying seems to be one of only solutions, and I find that to be incredibly fascinating from a psychological and bio/electrical/chemistry viewpoint.
edit on 8/29/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I need to look into who wrote the screenplay for the LEGOS movie.
That movie covers it nicely.

Which legos movie?
I haven't seen any of them but I'm thinking there were several of them weren't they?
Or were all the others TV shows?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
Down to simple little games that you can get for free.
When one scores a point, the invisible audience claps and cheers and scream '''awesome'' to make us feel good and keep playing.

Dopamine slaves.

We are all malleable.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

So true. I have caught myself reacting to certain stories or events, just as they were intended to do, bring a reaction. I guess the effect is stronger on some than others, but ultimately we are all effected in some way.

Well, I think it all balances out somehow.

Like maybe one story affected you a lot but others not so much, whereas a story that hit them hard you didn't even seem to notice.

I do believe that a lot of times many stories are written with the specific intention of creating a certain type of reaction from the readers.

I think the main reason I posted this thread was because I wanted to remind people here of this topic and help get things into a better perspective. So many of these threads on politics can become mind-numbing and aggravatingly close minded.

I crafted the title to play upon peoples subconscious and attempt to press a few buttons. I made it first confrontational and accusatory, then I asked a very difficult question.

Only then afterwards in the thread did I confess that I too am guilty of allowing this to happen to me, hoping that others would note that if I could fall prey to conditioning without even realizing it until later on, that anyone could and that it's nothing to be too ashamed about in the end because we are unwitting victims often times. We have to learn better to be better.

Judging from the fact that it only got 34 flags in around 20 hours when there were at least 125 people around that could have flagged it, shows me a few important things.

#1) Those 34 people are the very honest and highly intellectual types that are open minded and willing to concede to their own flaws and enjoy discussing and contemplating the myriad depths of this vast topic. I probably gravitate towards these people and read and flag their threads even if I don't comment in them purely because they think creatively and logically.

#2) The rest of the people who didn't flag it I would categorize into a few subsections.
a) Saw the title, rolled their eyes, and didn't even open it (at least half of ATS most likely did this)
b) Saw title, were curious, opened thread, saw it was me who wrote it, remembered they don't like me and closed it (at least 10 to 15 people did this!)
c) Opened thread, saw it was me, and simply refused to hit that button based on a grudge though they read it and agreed
(I'm betting another 10 did this)
d) Actually read it and simply disagreed (I'm thinking this is a very small group, maybe 5 or 6)
e) Read at least a tiny bit of it and were highly offended by the revelation and ran away back to their divisive political diatribe threads so they can be comfortable in their angst and drama (I think there are a ton of these, maybe 30 to 50)

I really do admit that I was hoping there were a lot more that would fall under the first category but I can say I'm surprised that I got 34 or more people to think about and consider the ramifications of this. Undoubtedly I am preaching to the choir on that and they already knew a lot about this topic from years of study but! But they clearly agreed it's worth bringing back up for at least 5 minutes as a simple reminder.

I had been wanting to broach the topic a few times in the last month or so, but it was Corbett's recent video about the psychology of manipulating video gamers that really got me to think - I just need to go ahead and post this right now and I can add some of these other videos and web articles to it later on for anyone curious to come back and find a little more information that they may have only heard of partly in the past (I seriously doubt most people are unaware of this reality by this point in our Information Age's development).

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: TerryMcGuire
Down to simple little games that you can get for free.
When one scores a point, the invisible audience claps and cheers and scream '''awesome'' to make us feel good and keep playing.

Dopamine slaves.

We are all malleable.

The problem is that when we are unaware of what they are doing to take advantage of our basic psycho chemistry and how they are doing it to us, and how we are allowing it all, than it's very hard to kick the habit.

But when you find out what's going on, you freak out so much you will find it much more difficult to continue that obsessive addiction. You'll feel a bit weird about it because you know you're being used. It feels dirty or something like that.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

When I read your post earlier today I had so many good ideas as a result of it.
Thank you for spurring so much thought and brilliance within me today, it was more inspirational than you probably realize.

A lot of the ideas you gave me relate to my own unique situation in life and the challenges I'm facing.

Though I may seem often times like a very harsh and punishing personality on ATS (way more so in the past than in recent times), I am a very very gentle and easy going person. I don't ever yell at anyone or insult them or anything like that. I really put up with a lot of crap from people far too often.

I'm always friendly and kind to everyone, and if I cannot be, I'll just ignore them if possible.

I felt very extremely offended deep down inside because I know I'm exceptionally gentle, yet I was treated extremely harshly and with excessive contempt by a particular person that I believed I needed more than anyone to treat me with respect and kindness. It was very hard for me to deal with (and continue dealing with) the fact they did not treat me the way I treat others or believe they probably treat others yet somehow I was an exception.

Anyways, that's all getting too personal and derailing the topic of the thread (my own fault because I'm digressing), I just wanted you to know that your post brought up some really enlightening insights within me earlier today and I wanted to thank you for creating some synchronicity for me.

No one will ever know what I'm actually talking about here (other than that I'm saying words in your post triggered me), and that's fine. This response was just a thank you.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

society is screwed. there is no escape using their rules.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Village Idiot

Great op, one question though...
Does collecting stars on ATS attribute to this brainwash conditioning?

I starred your post in the hopes that others will star it, then we can brainwash others into believing that stars brainwash people into taking certain posts seriously.

And though I'd hope that everyone on ATS is already very aware of this, my experience and cynicism remind me that probably 75% or more of the people even here at ATS do not even want to consider this information at all.

I admit I created the title in a very cliche manner (to get attention from the conscious and to place it into their subconscious), but as usual, I expect and hope that people merely read the OP at the very least to see what I'm actually trying to say.

I just cannot help but think after reading a lot of posts on here that we are so mind controlled it isn't funny. I've always felt that way since I signed up here but some moments it's far stronger than others.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join