It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dearborn Under Shawarma Law

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: rickymouse

The "trick" with spicy (I'm guessing you mean chili) food is to build it up slowly. You don't go from meat and two veg one day to a ghost pepper the next. That will end in pain, tears and possibly even a trip to the hospital.

Try a gentle chili (my favourite registers around 300,000 on the scoville scale, not exactly gentle!) and build it up slowly over time. The health benefits are legion and once you get used to the heat, it is very comforting. Another trick is to make the meal the day before, put it in the fridge and let the flavours settle.

I cannot live without some good chili peppers every once in a while.

I actually like the taste of chili sauce, I like it fairly hot. Way hotter than the wife. But I don't care for too much Cumin in the chili and neither does the wife. We put about half of what the recipe calls for.

I like salsa, but do not like it if it has cilantro in it. I don't care for the taste of cilantro. I like hot pickled eggs with veggies. It is not the heat I dislike, it is some of the spices. I'm guessing my dislike of cumin is because it is an antispasmonic and I am generally constipated. I do not care for things that bind me up, I like things that make me go. I like cardamon bread but dislike Saffron bread, Saffron binds you, cardamon is a laxative.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Shwarma aint good unless you can smell the garlic down the street, and up a few floors into the cubicle farm.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: rickymouse

Try drinking twelve pints of beer before you eat it. It will taste like mana from the gods. Lots of mint sauce helps too.

If I drank twelve pints of beer, I would not be able to eat anything. Even when I used to drink, a six pack of beer was my limit for the whole day. I had plenty of hangovers, three beers and I was hung over the next day.

Lightweight.

<< 1   >>

join