It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mensch and Taylor....Dumb and Dumber

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
For months these two idiots, Louise Mensch and Claude Taylor, have been spreading wild fantasy tales about Trump and his associates.
Well it looks like the truth has finally come out and WOW...big surprise.
Fake News LOL
I think there has been a few members here that fell for these morons "investigative journalism" in the past 6 months.
I can think of one in particular that took as gospel quite a bit of their fantasies. I won't name any names though.

The source’s false tips included an allegation, which has been aggressively circulated by Mensch and Taylor, that Trump’s inactive fashion model agency is under investigation by New York authorities for possible sex trafficking.

The hoaxer, who fed the information to Taylor by email, said she acted out of frustration over the “dissemination of fake news” by Taylor and Mensch. Their false stories about Trump have included a claim that he was already being replaced as president by Senator Orrin Hatch in a process kept secret from the American public.

After being approached for comment by the Guardian on Monday, Taylor posted what he described as a “mea culpa” on Twitter. “As a ‘citizen journalist’ I acknowledge my error and do apologize,” he wrote

Thousands of people have reposted the false claims tweeted by Taylor, a former staffer in Bill Clinton’s White House. Mensch, a former member of parliament in the UK, retweeted at least 18 posts by Taylor that were based on the hoaxer’s false information, spreading them further afield.

And I see that more idiots are trying to bail this Leftist twit Taylor out with a GoFundMe...will the stupidity ever end? LOL

Claiming to report things that the mainstream media will not, they have also moved to collect money from readers. Mensch’s website Patribiotics accepts donations “to fund more writers and research”. Taylor has said he will soon establish an online fundraising campaign to protect himself from legal threats. A GoFundMe page created by supporters of Taylor has already raised more than $18,000 in his name.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
It's not enough to "out" the hoaxer and forget about him/her. There must be a price paid. This dissuades others from attacking the President of the United States.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
But those two are the epitome of journalistic integrity.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
It's not enough to "out" the hoaxer and forget about him/her. There must be a price paid. This dissuades others from attacking the President of the United States.

You're right...it's not enough just to be outed as miserably stupid, two bit dopeheads.
They should pay a price, and from looks of it, Taylor is scared he might have to pay something.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

So this person is frustrated by fake news decides to create fake news? Makes sense, I guess.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Please. Please under no circumstances is any punishment to include returning Mensch to the UK.
Detestable waste of body parts that she is.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

The resident ATS Trump-bashers have used Mensch as their source many times.

Who can forget the "imminent Trump SEALED indictments"?

Even Tom Delonge jumped on that train, lol.
edit on 28-8-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Regnor

So this person is frustrated by fake news decides to create fake news? Makes sense, I guess.

Hey so what?
I wish I would have thought of it....I have been calling out these two morons BS stories for a long time now.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

It just seems a stupid thing to do because not everyone will learn that it was fake and will go on believing it.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Regnor

It just seems a stupid thing to do because not everyone will learn that it was fake and will go on believing it.

I don't have any doubt whatsoever that fools will keep believing it.
You can't fix stupid.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Please. Please under no circumstances is any punishment to include returning Mensch to the UK.
Detestable waste of body parts that she is.

You from the U.K.?
You guys don't want her back?
Can't say that I blame you.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Not really. I cited Mensch once when she was still editor at Heat Street (a Murdoch outfit), in her one actual scoop that proved correct, the FISA warrant for Carter Page.

The caveat at the beginning of the OP's remarks on that sealed indictment thread:

Oh boy, could this be true? At the moment, skepticism is high because the only two sources are from two journalists, that's it.

I followed Mensch for a while a while to see if she'd come up with another scoop but she started getting rather unhinged, calling Twitter users "Russian bots" who I knew were in fact, not bots at all. For months there's been this funny thing going on where she basically tried to buddy up to The Jester on Twitter and after trying to get her to stop it turned into a feud.

And she gets trolled by the Russian Embassy to the UK.

And then there's this a somewhat popular theory that Mensch is actually a disinfo agent of some sort. Back in June, somebody pointed out that she's the co-founder/President of Hudson Union Society which she co-founded with Princess Badiya of Jordan and another Oxford grad.

Hudson Union Society has a very interesting list of members and featured speakers (from both ends of the political spectrum) and is reportedly funded in some part by the Koch network. Might be worth investigating.
edit on 2017-8-28 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
This is a brutal reminder of the state of journalism. It's really scary stuff knowing how many people are buying into it.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

We have had our differences Ante but I didn't think of you at all when I mentioned members here falling for these two fool's nonsense.
You gotta stop falling for all the other nonsense though lol...joking

All kidding aside, Mensch and Taylor were saying stuff that was just too far out that nobody else was even mentioning.
Evan McMullin now looks like a jackass too for associating with Mensch.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

That's not true. Anytime I've seen either sourced, one of us terrorists calls it out.

I wish we saw the same level of integrity with Breitbart et al.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

And then there's this a somewhat popular theory that Mensch is actually a disinfo agent of some sort. Back in June, somebody pointed out that she's the co-founder/President of Hudson Union Society which she co-founded with Princess Badiya of Jordan and another Oxford grad.

I think she's an unwitting vector for disinformation. Not because she's in any way a witless person, because she's as sly as a fox, but because she's desperate for stories (having recently set out on her own) and because some of her contacts are superficially 'good'.

IOW she's being "drudgified", which is when a little-known but noisy outlet gets picked as the dissemination point for all sorts of nonsense. (Something similar led to the creation of Breitbart, but that was its purpose from inception).

One could speculate further. Rupert Murdoch was famously a willing participant in CIA propaganda schemes during the 1980s, and has been involved in other covert action since (there's a book to be written on this subject). Heat Street is ostensibly a stand-alone venture by LM but if you look into it at all, you immediately find that it's a compartmentalised operation by Murdoch's News International.

The giveaway is that Heat Street barely makes a penny, and Murdoch is not one for parting with cash for no return. Sure as eggs is eggs, Murdoch is playing some bigger game. What I can't figure out is why a Murdoch "creature" is floating so much stuff that is derogatory about Trump, when it's always in Murdoch's interest to cosy up to the White House. Perhaps Murdoch wants Trump replaced and is playing both sides of the game. But obviously, I don't have Murdoch's perspective on this, and so I have no idea what his ultimate aim might be.
edit on 29-8-2017 by audubon because: typo

edit on 29-8-2017 by audubon because: another typo ffs

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
louise mensch ran a smear campaign on my labour party claiming they were anti semitic.
the evidence used? her own browsing history.
something of a right wing darling more to the republican side than democrat but the stupid cow obviously thought she had a scoop on the orange one while ignoring the very real and ongoing process.
like all right wingers susceptibility is the inbuilt default mode.

new topics

top topics

join