It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Antifa, openly anti capitalist = openly anti American

page: 7
20
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I don't get your point. Ford, not your union, implemented the standard that we still have today.




posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: Gryphon66

I don't get your point. Ford, not your union, implemented the standard that we still have today.


You are mistaken. See the information just posted.

Ford set up an 8-hour shift to improve productivity, but it was not "his idea."

He did not institute a five-day work week, nor limit his workers to 40 hours a week.

I'm realizing that you mostly quote "right-wing" opinions as your "facts."


edit on 29-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Format



posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Politifact


It took President Franklin D. Roosevelt’s signing of the Fair Labor Standards Act in 1938 for all workers to see limits on working hours -- initially 44 hours a week, then phased to 42 and eventually 40 by 1940. "When the FLSA was passed in 1938, Saturday working hours were still common," DeVault said. "Saturday noon was the most frequent ‘payday’ time."

Given this history, Ford is best described as an early adopter of today’s familiar working hours, experts said.

"That happened more than 60 years after workers, through their unions, began organizing for an eight-hour day in the 1860s," said David Bensman, a professor at Rutgers University's School of Management and Labor Relations. "When Ford adopted the eight-hour day for his factory, he was responding to a working force that had been demanding the eight-hour day for a long time."



Where Did the 40-Hour Workweek Come From? - NBC News


Eight-hour days became rallying cries in the latter half of the 19th century, as workers in the building trades and similar industries marched together for better conditions. The Ford Motor Company advanced the idea in 1914, when it scaled back from a 48-hour to a 40-hour workweek after founder Henry Ford believed that too many hours were bad for workers’ productivity.

The formation of unions helped to strengthen the idea of working five days a week as well. In 1937, auto plant workers staged a sit-down strike in Flint, Michigan, to protest bleak conditions at General Motors that included no bathroom breaks, no benefits or sick pay and no safety standards.


edit on 29-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Formating



posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66




The five-dollar wage

Ford was a pioneer of "welfare capitalism", designed to improve the lot of his workers and especially to reduce the heavy turnover that had many departments hiring 300 men per year to fill 100 slots. Efficiency meant hiring and keeping the best workers.[21]

Ford astonished the world in 1914 by offering a $5 per day wage ($120 today), which more than doubled the rate of most of his workers.[22] A Cleveland, Ohio, newspaper editorialized that the announcement "shot like a blinding rocket through the dark clouds of the present industrial depression."[23] The move proved extremely profitable; instead of constant turnover of employees, the best mechanics in Detroit flocked to Ford, bringing their human capital and expertise, raising productivity, and lowering training costs.[24][25] Ford announced his $5-per-day program on January 5, 1914, raising the minimum daily pay from $2.34 to $5 for qualifying male workers.

Detroit was already a high-wage city, but competitors were forced to raise wages or lose their best workers.[26] Ford's policy proved, however, that paying people more would enable Ford workers to afford the cars they were producing and be good for the local economy. He viewed the increased wages as profit-sharing linked with rewarding those who were most productive and of good character.[27] It may have been Couzens who convinced Ford to adopt the $5-day wage.[28]

Real profit-sharing was offered to employees who had worked at the company for six months or more, and, importantly, conducted their lives in a manner of which Ford's "Social Department" approved. They frowned on heavy drinking, gambling, and (what today are called) deadbeat dads. The Social Department used 50 investigators, plus support staff, to maintain employee standards; a large percentage of workers were able to qualify for this "profit-sharing."[citation needed]

Ford's incursion into his employees' private lives was highly controversial, and he soon backed off from the most intrusive aspects. By the time he wrote his 1922 memoir, he spoke of the Social Department and of the private conditions for profit-sharing in the past tense, and admitted that "paternalism has no place in industry. Welfare work that consists in prying into employees' private concerns is out of date. Men need counsel and men need help, often special help; and all this ought to be rendered for decency's sake. But the broad workable plan of investment and participation will do more to solidify industry and strengthen organization than will any social work on the outside. Without changing the principle we have changed the method of payment."[29]

The five-day workweek

In addition to raising the wages of his workers, Ford also introduced a new, reduced workweek in 1926. The decision was made in 1922, when Ford and Crowther described it as six 8-hour days, giving a 48-hour week,[30] but in 1926 it was announced as five 8-hour days, giving a 40-hour week.[31] (Apparently the program started with Saturday being a workday and sometime later it was changed to a day off.) On May 1, 1926, the Ford Motor Company's factory workers switched to a five-day 40-hour workweek, with the company's office workers making the transition the following August.[32]

Ford had made the decision to boost productivity, as workers were expected to put more effort into their work in exchange for more leisure time, and because he believed decent leisure time was good for business, since workers would actually have more time to purchase and consume more goods. However, altruistic concerns also played a role, with Ford explaining "It is high time to rid ourselves of the notion that leisure for workmen is either ‘lost time’ or a class privilege."[32]


en.wikipedia.org...

And you quote a professor from Rutgers university, clearly using left-wing opinions as fact.



posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66




You are mistaken. See the information just posted.

Ford set up an 8-hour shift to improve productivity, but it was not "his idea."


No one argued it was "his idea", so the use of quotation marks is unhelpful.



posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

Ford is on the record as saying that he increased wages so that his workers could buy his product.

Hardly altruistic, and hardly his original idea (again).



The depression of the 1890s had softened the public attitude towards organized labor. Between 1897 and 1904, union membership climbed from 447,000 to 2,072,700. In the same period, the number of internationals affiliated with the American Federation of Labor (AFL) rose from fifty-eight to 120. The AFL had come on the scene in the 1880s, created by the leaders of craft unions who sought to curb invasions of their jurisdictions by the Knights of Labor. While the principal reason for embarking on this venture was defensive, AFL founders believed in the improvement of wages and working conditions through trade-union action--including the strike if necessary. Adolph Strasser, president of the International Cigar Makers Union, described the AFL program as a constant seeking of "more and more," a slogan frequently repeated by AFL President Samuel Gompers.


US Department of Labor - "Workers of a New Century"

You're quoting a Wikipedia article blindly ... and claiming that I'm using "left-wing opinions" as fact???

PS: Both Allan Nevins and Frank Ernest HIll worked at Columbia University. (Hint, you're actually quoting them in the majority of your info from Wiki.)

Here, one more and then I'm done with you:

Ford: The Times, the Man, the Company - Amazon.com
edit on 29-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted



posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

edit on 29-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: NM



posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheTory
a reply to: bastion

Advocacy is one thing, implementing reforms is another. One is talking, some may say whining, the other is actual action. Rather than start your own companies, implement your own standards and conditions, you had to beg. That makes you a beggar.

By definition, trade unions negotiate with employers, but it isn't the trade unions that have the final say of how a company should run itself. What you're spouting is socialist tripe.


Oh bless, I took a lot of action, The only reason I'm not dead yet is insurance on what plans are for the next five years in 200 countrys......

No it's the reality I've helped create by exposing illegal actions. I've implemented reforms myself - uncovered millions in money laundering, had what the biggest threat to world peace closed and the government electricty company jailed for it, had quackery like homeopathy kicked out of universities and defeated a 10m pr campaign to deny they were imposing privatisation by stealth without any form of democracy or negotion. The day after I was on BBC News to speak about what was going on, the proof all their claims were libelous smears etc....after 12 months of working every spare minute to.

I didn't beg for anything, I got off my arse and got to work getting in a whole #load of trouble with intel, bae systems, us intel for exposing their secret $100m deal to develop illegal chemical and biological weapons for a country on trial for war crimes.

Here's a little reading material on what I've done and how I did it. It'll also show you how even board of governer level managers are told to leave when intel services take over charities.
-------------
Apologies for the late reply, I've been asking around and can't get anywhere - staff currently have the threat of redundancy due to cutbacks over their heads so are unwilling to even engage in the conversation - in my opinion things have drastically changed on campus since April, instead of staff feeling free to speak out, a culture of fear now prevails;

There was a Skype cast between UCLan, University of Liverpool and Noam Chomsky where Chomsky replied to a question on UCLan Overseas, however I haven't been able to track down the organiser - at the time she said it was recorded and hard copies exist and are available.


--------

Hi David,



Had you heard anything recently about Uclan’s overseas campuses? There’s an interesting strand emerging about how part of the funding for Cyprus campus came from Cyprus state telecoms company’s pension fund, which was run corruptly under previous govt.

And anything more about the loss of money on the Thailand venture?



Best wishes,

John



John Morgan

Deputy news editor

Times Higher Education

020 3194 3213



26 Red Lion Square, London, WC1R 4HQ

www.timeshighereducation.co.uk



From: David Quinn [mailto:hiphopotamouse@googlemail.com]
Sent: 25 December 2013 05:19
To: Morgan, John
Subject: Re: Uclan overseas
------

Hi John,

Just got back from a three hour meeting on this topic. If you're referring to the 20m Euros then it would appear that is just the tip of the iceberg.

I've got dirt on Cyprus, Thailand and Sri Lanka (military and bio-chem links) but will need a couple more days to get my head around this as it appears to me at the moment that the entire UCLan Overseas venture has been a sea of corruption and the story is a major one.

Have you heard anything about Malcolm McVicar's son being appointed as director and board member for overseas developments? I'm still waiting for confirmation but so far it appears to be true as he is appointed head of various front companies which collapse a few months later once it becomes obvious they're loss making.

My sources are asking around, however given the gravity of the situation I need to protect them first. I don't know if you're aware but Board Members who opposed Privatisation were 'asked' to leave so accessing that side of things is very tricky.

Sorry for the delay but there's at least seven major stories and strands going on here - mostly centering around McVicar lining his own pockets.

------
Hi David – are we going to talk about this some time? It sounded like you had some interesting material. It's ina lot of newspapers. No whining, just compliance with the law, code of ethics,



Best wishes,

John



John Morgan

Deputy news editor

Times Higher Education

020 3194 3213



26 Red Lion Square, London, WC1R 4HQ

www.timeshighereducation.co.uk
---------
Hi David – yes, Monday no problem. Does sound a little odd on the timing about opening ceremony of campus.

There seem to be big questions over where the money went on what is billed as a 50 million euro campus – I would agree that when you see it, it doesn’t look like it should have cost that much.

Best wishes,

John



John Morgan

Deputy news editor

Times Higher Education

020 3194 3213



26 Red Lion Square, London, WC1R 4HQ

www.timeshighereducation.co.uk
------------------
Hi John,

Sorry for the late notice but would Monday be ok? I'm tied up doing interviews/PR for a race I'm doing for charity this weekend.

Also the Uni press office sent out a news release to the local Lancashire Evening Post about the official opening of UCLan Cyprus by Nicolas Anastadies, held on 16th June 2014 - www.lep.co.uk... which feels like very strange timing. When I worked there Press Releases would be written and go to print on the same day or three days at the most, are you aware of any taking six weeks to be written, or any reason for the delay.

The video claims the campus was delivered on budget which is completely contradictory to what my sources claim about millions of international student fees being syphoned from UCLan Preston to secure the land and the campus costing UCLan several million a year as it only has ~300 students instead of the 5000 required to make it financially viable.
------------
Hi David,



Thanks for reply. Thursday afternoon after 2pm would be good. My direct dial is below. Or happy to give you a call if you can let me know your number.

I’m not familiar with PGP or encryption. But I could probably work something out. Alternatively, I’m happy to travel if it’s possible to hand things over in person? But we could discuss on phone which would work best.



Best wishes,

John



John Morgan

Deputy news editor

Times Higher Education

020 3194 3213



26 Red Lion Square, London, WC1R 4HQ

www.timeshighereducation.co.uk



From: David Quinn [mailto:hiphopotamouse@googlemail.com]
Sent: 27 July 2014 15:21
To: Morgan, John
Subject: Re: FW: Uclan overseas
--------------
Hi David,



Many thanks for this, sounds very interesting. Could we have a chat next week perhaps?

Yes, when I talked about the money from the Cyta pension fund invested in Uclan Cyprus, I did mean the €20m. How do you mean it is just the tip of the iceberg?

When you say board members who opposed privatisation were “asked to leave”, does that mean asked to leave sections of meetings, or asked to leave the board permanently?



Best wishes,

John



John Morgan

Deputy news editor

Times Higher Education

020 3194 3213



26 Red Lion Square, London, WC1R 4HQ

www.timeshighereducation.co.uk
-------------
edit on 29-8-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Appologies for the lack of correspondence, I've been busy exposing and campaiging against an almost endless stream of UCLan scandals that make the Homeopathy fiasco seem miniscule (Which it clearly isn't and following Hunt's recent attack on science, scientists and publicly available government guide outlining how the NHS will be asset striped, BMJ whisteblowing plans the GPs will be banned from ****too sensitive*****

Aside from a three month fight against McVicar, the SU and University Security (plus threats the police would send the superintenddent to arrest us for exposing UCLans plans to go Private, we (myself and housemate) faced consant libel, slander, but still handed in 2500 signatures oposing the move, the protests caught on in quite a few universities (became known as the yellow revolution) - though after the BBC, legal experts, staff and John Morgan of Times Higher all wrote articles exposing the lies of the VC and board; UCLan finally released offcial staements declared they have abandonned all plams for privatisation (just 8 hours after the VC and SU were denying the whole thing on BBC News)

Huge support from staff who let us give announcements on the cover up (60% of lecturers were set to be fired due to the several hundred million lost in UCLans disasturous Overseas LTD venture (Malcolm McVicar even laundered £10m to his sons front company GLOBAL CAMPUS CAPITAL LIMITED - beta.companieshouse.gov.uk... there's a fantastic speech by one of the staunchest defenders of education at UCLan detailing a few of the crimes
-----------
Precis - UCLan Cyprus was illegally built in the DMZ buffer zone between Greek Cypriot and Turkish Cypriot sides conflict, none other than Ban Ki Moon delcared it the biggest threat to world peace, which is a shocking indictment, things got much worse when it turned out Cyrpus has illegally helped fiance the campus by a £100m illegal pension raid of telcoms company Cyta, this led to the ccompany and some politiicianss being put on trial for bribes, kickbacks, etc...
- UCLan repeatedly denied it had ever accepted a penny from Cyta for UCLan Cyprus despite both UClan and Cyta records detailing the £15.7 million Cyta gave to UCLan Cyprus a few motnhs earlier - the investigation found black hole of “has a hole of several dozen millions”- once again the next day UCLan changed their entire story and admitted Cytahad given them the moeny but bizarely Uclan issued the follpowing statement
*******removed for international security***************

detailing UCLans Sri Lanka campus they built close to or on top of genocide sites helping cover up genocide and war crimes to buy cheap land - there was also whispers of a secret UCLan Gov Weapons reseach deal that no member of staff was allowed to know the name of
***********
Thanks a million. That's quite enlightening, and although gratifying in a way, it really just confirms that everything I feared about the way VCs behave is true -in fact worse than I expected.
I'd love to make some of it public but of course I'll respect your wishes

www.timeshighereducation.com...

www.timeshighereducation.com...

--------
> Homeopathy is not a science, it does not follow scientific methods or
> even attempt to create objective, peer reviewed, double-blind trials
> that would give a true picture of its effectiveness. It’s known as
> ‘alternative medicine’ because it has not been proven to work. Instead
> the pseudo-science relies on exploiting the gullible into buying
> overpriced placebos.
>
> Within Homeopathy, the so called ‘remedies’ are diluted to such a
> concentration that there are no atoms of the ‘active ingredient’
> present. The only way to have one atom present, would be to make the
> ‘vial’ bigger than the entire universe. There is a far higher
> concentration of these ‘active ingredients’, whatever they may be, in
> regular tap water which can be used at a fraction of the cost.
>
> Since 1996, there has been a $1million prize for anyone who can prove
> Homeopathy works; no one has yet been awarded the prize despite
> hundreds of submissions: www.randi.org...
> .
>
> The practice of Homeopathy goes against every scientific law and
> procedure. To give the Degree the title Bachelor of Science, is
> ridiculous. It also misleads students into believing they will have a
> useful degree once they have completed the course. While this may
> raise some short-term revenue for the University, it brings the
> organisation into such disrepute that the entire Science faculty will
> be severely damaged as this course has no place in an institution of
> education.
>
> Not only does it bring the University into disrepute amongst the
> scientific community, it is also aligning itself with organisations
> that endorse fatal practice for financial gain.
>
> The Society of Homeopaths (SoH), who approve the course, has a very
> loose code of ethics that they do not enforce.
>
> The Director of the SoH, Ralf Jeutter claims to be able to prevent
> Hepatitis, Malaria, Tetanus, Typhoid and Yellow Fever with distilled
> water dubbed ‘homeoprophylaxis’:
> www.thehomeopath.org.uk... . These claims are
> fraudulent and break the SoH code of conduct (parts 11, 48 and 72).
>
> Peter Chappel who co-founded the Society of Homeopaths offers MP3s you
> can download off iTunes to cure/immunise against AIDS, Malaria, TB,
> Snakebites and Bird Flu amongst others:
> www.healingdownloads.com... Again there is absolutely no
> evidence to suggest this works.
>
> While he is no longer a member of the society, the society still
> recommends his book on their website:
> www.homeopathy-soh.org...
>
> Pieces of recycled glass, labelled as ‘healing crystals’, are openly
> being sold in the UK by Homeopaths as AIDS and Cancer cures:
> www.crystalcavern.com... as well as
> ‘immunisation’ for a host of deadly tropical diseases.
>
> There are also claims that swilling oil round the mouth can cure
> migraine, headaches, bronchitis, diseased teeth, arterio thrombosis,
> leukaemia, arthritis, paralysis, eczema, meningitis and make people
> live to 150 years old’ at www.oilpulling.com...
>
> The Society of Homeopaths, who approve the Homeopathy course at UCLan,
> have refused to condemn or take responsibility for these practices and
> instead threatened anyone who calls it into question with legal
> action: www.badscience.net... .
>
> These are serious medical conditions and the longer the patient wastes
> his/her time with these so called cures, the worse his/her illness
> will get until they see a doctor of medicine. This is an appalling and
> fraudulent practice as the claims have no basis in reality and can
> lead to preventable death. Allowing the University to continue
> teaching this course and allowing the SoH to oversee its running will
> leave it with blood on its hands, both at home and abroad, and its
> reputation in tatters.
>
> The University should be condemning the organisation for being
> dishonest and exploiting the gullible, especially with its involvement
> in the third world where medicine laws are more lax. Currently there
> are nearly 3 million preventable deaths....
edit on 29-8-2017 by bastion because: (no reason given)



posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Yes, your politifact article suggests Ford was "responding to a working force that had been demanding the eight-hour day for a long time". It's clear from his own words that he wasn't.



"Of course, there is a humanitarian side to the shorter day and the shorter week, but dwelling on that side is likely to get one into trouble, for then leisure may be put before work instead of after work -- where it belongs. Twenty years ago, introducing the eight hour day generally would have made for poverty and not for wealth. Five years ago, introducing the five day week would have had the same result. The hours of labor are regulated by the organization of work and by nothing else. It is the rise of the great corporation with its ability to use power, to use accurately designed machinery, and generally to lessen the wastes in time, material, and human energy that made it possible to bring in the eight hour day. Then, also, there is the saving through accurate workmanship. Unless parts are a made accurately, the benefits of quantity production will be lost-for the parts will not fit together and the economy of making will be lost in the assembling. Further progress along the same lines has made it possible to bring in the five day week. The progression has been a natural one.

"The eight hour day law to-day only confirms what industry had already discovered, If it were otherwise, then the law would make for poverty instead of for wealth. A man cannot be paid a wage in excess of his production. In the old days, before we had management and power, a man had to work through a long day in order to get a bare living. Now the long day would retard both production and consumption. At the present time the fixing by law of a an five day week would be unwise, because industry is not ready for it, but a great part of industry is ready, and within a comparatively short time I believe the practice will be so general in industry that it be made universal,


Why I Favor Five Days' Work with Six Days' Pay

In fact, he says doing so earlier would have led to poverty, not wealth. Neither does he mention trade unions having any influence whatsoever.



posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I didn't mean you personally, David. You shouldn't share your personal info on the internet so that you may prove a point.



posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

LOL ... you can worship Henry Ford as infallible if you wish.

The facts are, everything you've mentioned as "innovations created by capitalism" have originated in the union movement.

Your snide comment directed to another member about the capitalists "granting" these to "beggars" merely speaks to the philosophical basis for such comments and dare I say the very vile nature of such character.

What has been made clear here beyond any shadow of a doubt is that everything we think of as better conditions for workers originated with trade/labor unions which were heavily influenced and supported by various workers parties, socialists and communists.



posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Why would you post your private info??

You know you just screwed yourself, right?



posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I see the "freedom of speech" and "people can believe whatever they want" martyrs who have been advocating and apologizing for Nazis and White Supremacists terrorists for two weeks just can't take a little communism, eh?

Well, not even communism really ... just anti-capitalism. Oh the wailing-and-gnashing of dental plates!

And praise for Joe McCarthy as well ... yep, the more things change, the more they remain the same.

All advocates for MAGA who want to return to the good ol' days of segregation and McCarthyism just step right up.

Just remember ... America First!



What the Hell are you on about now ?
The Freedom of Speech does not cover anything otherwise anti-Constitutional . Period.
And , you continue spouting "stuff" (and most know when I say stuff what the true word is) as if it is gospel , but yet havent put forward one word to back it up.
All I see is "hate conservatism" tripe



posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I see the "freedom of speech" and "people can believe whatever they want" martyrs who have been advocating and apologizing for Nazis and White Supremacists terrorists for two weeks just can't take a little communism, eh?

Well, not even communism really ... just anti-capitalism. Oh the wailing-and-gnashing of dental plates!

And praise for Joe McCarthy as well ... yep, the more things change, the more they remain the same.

All advocates for MAGA who want to return to the good ol' days of segregation and McCarthyism just step right up.

Just remember ... America First!



What the Hell are you on about now ?
The Freedom of Speech does not cover anything otherwise anti-Constitutional . Period.
And , you continue spouting "stuff" (and most know when I say stuff what the true word is) as if it is gospel , but yet havent put forward one word to back it up.
All I see is "hate conservatism" tripe


If he looked at the other side as much as he does conservatism, he would be one dangerous individual. But he is blinded. Sad, cause he seems like an otherwise highly intelligent person. Oh well. Can't save em all.
edit on 29-8-2017 by KnoxMSP because: Content



posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

1. Very little of what you said has any rational relationship to what you quoted.

2. What do you back up any of your screed with? Physician, heal thyself.

3. If you can't bring yourself to use the actual word ... use "feculence" ... (PS, it's the same thing.)



posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Please take your personal information down. No argument is worth that exposure.

I'm not an alarmist, but that's a really, really, really BAD IDEA on the open 'net.



posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheTory

You know, now that you mention it, your Wikipedia article does have some interesting stuff a bit lower down about Mr. Ford.



In 1918, Ford's closest aide and private secretary, Ernest G. Liebold, purchased an obscure weekly newspaper for Ford, The Dearborn Independent. The Independent ran for eight years, from 1920 until 1927, with Liebold as editor. Every Ford franchise nationwide had to carry the paper and distribute it to its customers.

During this period, Ford emerged as "a respected spokesman for right-wing extremism and religious prejudice," reaching around 700,000 readers through his newspaper.[57] The 2010 documentary film Jews and Baseball: An American Love Story (written by Pulitzer Prize winner Ira Berkow) states that Ford wrote on May 22, 1920: "If fans wish to know the trouble with American baseball they have it in three words—too much Jew."[58]

In Germany, Ford's antisemitic articles from The Dearborn Independent were issued in four volumes, cumulatively titled The International Jew, the World's Foremost Problem published by Theodor Fritsch, founder of several antisemitic parties and a member of the Reichstag. In a letter written in 1924, Heinrich Himmler described Ford as "one of our most valuable, important, and witty fighters."[59] Ford is the only American mentioned favorably in Mein Kampf, although he is only mentioned twice:[60] Adolf Hitler wrote, "only a single great man, Ford, [who], to [the Jews'] fury, still maintains full independence...[from] the controlling masters of the producers in a nation of one hundred and twenty millions." Speaking in 1931 to a Detroit News reporter, Hitler said he regarded Ford as his "inspiration," explaining his reason for keeping Ford's life-size portrait next to his desk.[61] Steven Watts wrote that Hitler "revered" Ford, proclaiming that "I shall do my best to put his theories into practice in Germany," and modeling the Volkswagen, the people's car, on the Model T.[62]


What a guy, eh?
edit on 29-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted



posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Gothmog

1. Very little of what you said has any rational relationship to what you quoted.

2. What do you back up any of your screed with? Physician, heal thyself.

3. If you can't bring yourself to use the actual word ... use "feculence" ... (PS, it's the same thing.)

In cases of deep ignorance I tend to evade rather than deny....
Therefore , I leave you to your ways...



posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Gothmog

1. Very little of what you said has any rational relationship to what you quoted.

2. What do you back up any of your screed with? Physician, heal thyself.

3. If you can't bring yourself to use the actual word ... use "feculence" ... (PS, it's the same thing.)

In cases of deep ignorance I tend to evade rather than deny....
Therefore , I leave you to your ways...


Thanks. Much appreciated.

One less feculent post my eyes have to skim over.



new topics

top topics



 
20
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

log in

join