It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Pastor JOEL OSTEEN Will NOT Open His Mega-Church To Flood Victims!.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Not making excuses, just making a rational statement.

Why don't they open the beautiful high rise hotels that are probably empty right now (Houston has hundreds of them)!

Uh?

Those are for profit businesses, Osteen is a non-profit, and a self professed Christian, some of us would expect better. I would think with you right wing leanings, you wouldn't even think about making for profit businesses do charity, but hope you would expect better of a non-profit.

link   
a reply to: Plotus

You'd be amazed where you can sleep when you're tired enough.

I've slept better on a high school bleacher then I've ever slept in a four star hotel bed, because I was exhausted. That bleacher seat was so soft and inviting.

link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Liquesence
And people on ATS are justifying a church failing to offer sanctuary to displaced people in the event of a natural disaster.

Why am I not surprised.

This is one example of why this country is going to #.

Just a minority of ATS voices are supporting Osteen's decision to be selfish. Nothing to be frustrated about. Most Americans are pro-neighbor.

I'm not frustrated.

Just disappointed.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   

And people on ATS are justifying a church failing to offer sanctuary to displaced people in the event of a natural disaster.

Why am I not surprised.

God doesn't want his followers to help flood victims.

It makes sense I guess. The entry list for the ark was very exclusive.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
It worked

Prosperity Gospel preacher Joel Osteen to open megachurch to Hurricane Harvey refugees after public shaming

Sour ce

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   
So is he a Pharisee or a Sadducee?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves
It worked

Prosperity Gospel preacher Joel Osteen to open megachurch to Hurricane Harvey refugees after public shaming

Sour ce

Good. Maybe he learned something about humility and compassion.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Why am I not surprised.

God doesn't want his followers to help flood victims.

It makes sense I guess. The entry list for the ark was very exclusive.

Yeah, maybe Osteen is passed out drunk and naked, or on a binge or something, which is why he won't open the doors.

*shrug*

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

It worked

Sour ce

Pretty disgraceful he had to be shamed into it.

Only doing it to protect his image after public backlash. If he wanted to do it out of kindness he'd have done it at the start.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Why am I not surprised.

Just a minority of ATS voices are supporting Osteen's decision to be selfish. Nothing to be frustrated about. Most Americans are pro-neighbor.

CWM, there are several that I vehemently argue against all the time, in this thread. Not the first time, but I am glad to see there is common ground among us Americans. We have more in common that some of us would like to admit, but I am glad to see that most of us want to take care of our neighbors in a time of disaster.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: carewemust

Osteen exemplifies perfectly the Trump mind set and attitude toward those less fortunate then himself.

The absolute perfect religious figure for todays political climate.

The vast majority of decisions and actions President Trump has made/taken have been to benefit people who are "less fortunate" than he has been.

Joel Osteen has probably donated millions of dollars to worthy causes.

Both men have utilized America's "system" to their benefit.

But President Trump does NOT target people for fleecing. People who can barely afford to buy a new tire when they have a flat.

I worked with a small version of Pastor Osteen when I was younger. Pastor Astor's church generated $1.2 million. He paid his family $835,000 that year. His weekly admonition to "Give till it hurts, and you will be blessed!", enabled his family to live very well. I remember helping people jump-start their cars in the church parking lot, as he passed by in his limousine after service, one cold Sunday. In hindsight, I'm ashamed for being sucked-in the way I was.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

PR 101 Don't be THAT GUY during a natural disaster. Guess he finally got it.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   

It worked

Sour ce

And no doubt he'll say it was due to some hold up somewhere. And that he was praying or something to help the victims.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

It worked

Sour ce

Pretty disgraceful he had to be shamed into it.

Only doing it to protect his image after public backlash. If he wanted to do it out of kindness he'd have done it at the start.

^^ this right here. Scumbags will never learn, and I hope the public shaming spreads far and wide in this scumbag's case. I am a former Christian, it is asshats like this that drove me from the religion.

link   
a reply to: DancedWithWolves

Good for him. That it took shaming to do it is neither here nor there, now there's another haven for people to go to.

That's the important thing.

Good.

link   
“I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Did you mis-read my post. I simply said that it was probably an insurance issue. I didn't voice an opinion at all. Personally, I would open the doors, insurance or not, and take in people and do the best I could even if I wasn't fully prepared.

So...emotionally reactive people that jump to conclusions misunderstand sometimes because you're too...well...emotional!!

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Remember, God wants you to be happy, and He's happiest when you please yourself, not Him (according to the Osteen version of things). So do you really think it would make him happy to open his church doors to those dirty folks? Of course not ...

That is one of the most awful things I have heard in a while coming out of church.

Those people are not about God. They are about self. Anyone that followers these greedy grifters should really take a hard look at what these people are selling. They are right in your face with this blasphemy.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

It worked

Sour ce

What do you bet Osteen changed his mind because he can see himself getting a good chunk of the BILLIONS of dollars coming from Washington over the next few years?

If an angry refugee burns the church up, the U.S. Government will rebuild it with opulent furnishings that far surpass what the current church has.

I have a friend in New Orleans who lived like a king after Katrina. Bigger home, huge pay raise. Bigger/newer fire-station with a top quality benefits package. He's a firefighter.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join