It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston Pastor JOEL OSTEEN Will NOT Open His Mega-Church To Flood Victims!.

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl
You may enjoy the message these children are trying to put out there. MSM is good at promoting us as the bad guy, but the bad guys are few. They just get all the publicity.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Nah, I don't think "we" are the bad guys at all.

Like I said, don't mind me... I am wearing my resting bitch face today for other reasons.
I happen to like Joel and I like the message he promotes.
I know it's feel good religion and all that and I know a lot of people don't like him at all.
....and I know I'm getting off track and off topic here.

Just never mind. It's all good.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Houston-based celebrity pastor Joel Osteen is coming under fire on Twitter for not opening up the doors to his Church for storm victims to take shelter.

Because famous televangelists are about making the most money possible, only returning a fraction of it to actually helping those in need in order to keep up appearances.

They 'service' your vanity, offering feel good sermons, and praying for you. This costs them nothing...

Needy people cost money.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I could tell you some stories of what goes on in upper management meetings within a certain mega church here in Australia that would curl your eyebrows.

It literally is all about money and how to proceed with a "sermon" to maximize their profit.

The head pastor shipped his Range Rover overseas one time, had it gold plated, then shipped back, all on the church dime, then stood up the next Sunday and thanked "God" for "blessing" him. That's just one of many examples I have.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I could tell you some stories of what goes on in upper management meetings within a certain mega church here in Australia that would curl your eyebrows.

You should, for others sake. I wouldn't be curly browed, I was raised in Churchianity.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: yuppa

Shocker eh?

Whoda thunk it?

This very fact though, is part of the reason I feel so strongly about these televangelists. They serve no purpose other than to stroke their own egos and make themselves rich. They do not promote Christ, but promote themselves.

Exactly. Well they promote Jesus a little but not as much as they promote themselves. Still its about the same. Billy graham used to be the king of it if i remember.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

I dunno I think this megachurch owner is in for a surprise when he dies if his religion turns out to be true.

He doesn't believe in the Christian doctrine, he believes in "Your Best Life Now".

All true Christians believe that their best life is ahead of them, this gives them hope, things can only improve. But, if your best life is now, then that's it, nothing to look forward to.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Moses parted the Red Sea, Joel Osteen parted hair.

Coincidence?

I. Think. Not!

Among the funniest sht I've read today...great stuff D.C great stuff...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: Kryties

You should, for others sake. I wouldn't be curly browed, I was raised in Churchianity.

I'm seriously considering writing a whole thread about it, although I do worry that their may be legal implications that I simply cannot afford to defend right now.

(post by Mousygretchen removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by Mousygretchen removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

What a conman jerkoff.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

This is Joel Osteen's house in Houston:

and this is his other house, in Pensacola:

Meanwhile, he can't open up the megachurch cash cow to his neighbors who are losing everything? Televangelists make politicians look good.

Can people ask for their money back

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

So you're his accountant? The congregation is what put him where he is and keeps him at the church. He loses that job, his reputation would be severely tarnished. I get where you're going with your reply and he indeed makes his own money from that, but the church and its usage is the topic. Its usage is up to him and his church board. Guess who makes up his church board? Guess who keeps track of the church tithe? Not Joel Olsteen. If the church lets him do this different, then it's on them....

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Okay. Your choice. That's not relevant to the church being opened or closed to flood victims. Back to your point, though. I don't put my faith in people or even myself. I put it in God. Humans will always let you down at some point. The Church helps me stay in community with others who believe the Bible, if it's a Christian Church. I pray you keep looking.....

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Houston-based celebrity pastor Joel Osteen is coming under fire on Twitter for not opening up the doors to his Church for storm victims to take shelter.

Because famous televangelists are about making the most money possible, only returning a fraction of it to actually helping those in need in order to keep up appearances.

They 'service' your vanity, offering feel good sermons, and praying for you. This costs them nothing...

Needy people cost money.

Every time enough signatures are gathered to compel Congress to investigate the Mega-Evangelists' finances, the investigation ends SILENTLY, behind closed doors.

Example:

A senator's high-profile investigation of spending by televangelists wrapped up after more than three years Thursday with no penalties for the pastors who refused to cooperate and no definitive findings of wrongdoing.

Full Article Here: www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Prosperity, indeed. No fire and brimstone. It's all unicorns and rainbows as far as I've heard him preach. Seems most folks do everything that makes them feel good, anymore. Our actions will speak louder than our words, eventually....

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

Yeah. I've heard of that. Not true, but to each church, their own. Following Jesus is a choice of free will. God wants us to want to know Him, not robots that are programmed to do so.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joedog1990

So you're his accountant?

No, I read about Joel Osteen's "donation stream" sources, just like you have learned many things in life, by reading. It's how the world works.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
August 30, 2017

Here's the official statement from Pastor Joel Osteen, as to why his church was closed to Flood victims.

'Our number one priority is safety, said pastor Osteen. This building flooded back in 2001,' he told KHOU. 'There was six [to] eight feet of water in the main auditorium.'

He told the outlet that over the weekend the church put up new flood gates and the water was just 'one foot from coming over'. 'So it was very close to being another disaster here,' he added. 'We have to have people here - our volunteers, our staff, they have problems too, they have challenges too. It's hard for them to get out.'

Responding to criticism, pastor Osteen said: 'Our goal is to help people and sometimes people try to put out a false narrative - they don't know you, they don't know the situation.'

Osteen said the city had asked his church to be a distribution center.

He explained: 'When the mayor said "we need more shelter", we said "man, let's go, we can do this."
'At the time he told us "let's do a distribution center", you're asking us to be a command center... anything we can do.'
FULL ARTICLE w/Photos & Video: www.dailymail.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join