It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Has Apparently Launched A Missile Over Japan

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
www.guampdn.com...

Here is the trajectory of the missile.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: introvert

The other time was 1998. 2009 was a failed attempt to launch a satellite into orbit.

Thanks to you as well.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Jonjonj

Ballistic missiles are just that, BALLISTIC. That means they go up, have a short period of level flight, depending on range to target, and they come down. They don't fly along at a low enough level that an airburst will cause all kinds of damage.

Japan has the resources to stop anything short of a terminal phase ICBM, and depending on the missile, I wouldn't put it past Aegis being able to hit it. Aegis can't hit an advanced ICBM, but an older, slower missile, maybe. If they chose not to shoot that means they weren't worried about it targeting them. Pissed about it going over them? Almost certainly. But they could have stopped just about anything that was going to hit them.

We both know that if Japan didn't shoot down missiles going over its territory it is because they were told not to or practically could not. We both know that. What country with any autonomy would allow missiles to fly over its airspace? UK? France? Germany perhaps? What about the US?

Spins are spins.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

here is another person on the smart path

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Nikola014
a reply to: underwerks

Not a chance.

I don't see any potential for a further escalation of this whole Kim Jong Un problem, till blood is spilled, unfortunately. At least that's what it takes to handle a situation like that one, we will see if Trump is any different, and will act before it happens( and it's going to happen)

You may be right.

Living in one of the bigger cities on the west coast, being nuked is always in the back of my mind.

The fallout would blow east with the jet-stream, just like wildfire smoke does. Many millions far away from the West Coast would be poisoned and die.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Japan doesn't want a war with North Korea anymore than South Korea does. Both of them are going to get hurt if bullets start to fly. If the North decided that shooting their missile down was an act of war, Asia would get really ugly, really fast.

What I know is that Aegis BMD is damn good, as is THAAD. As for Japanese airspace, it all depends on the altitude the missiles were at when they cross over them. Sovereign airspace doesn't extend to infinity. If the missiles were above the space demarcation line, they can go over Japan all they want.

link   
im going on holiday to a nice little island on friday... dont think imma be returning now after this.

+7 more 
link   
a reply to: khnum

I have never seen so many people almost desperate for a war that will probably kill millions and leave another country in ruins.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Japan is one country they shouldn't antagonize. They won't think twice about taking action.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ni91ck
www.guampdn.com...

Here is the trajectory of the missile.

The latest trajectory seems to have placed it at an altitude above 300 miles, as it passed over Japan.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfThor
a reply to: RickyD

I'm going to look up trumps quotes after work, but didn't he say something like firing any missiles near us or allies territory would warrant a response or something to that affect?

Yeah, I think he was going to angrily light a candle or something like that. A fire and fury the world had never seen before. He never said it would be a grand response, just unseen by any until then.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The alternative could be life on earth, what would this nutcase do with say an Israeli size arsenal,war is the most stupid wasteful dumb pursuit with widows,orphans,the crippled and the insane as its by-products but at the moment the people getting paid the big bucks have to evaluate the future threat to the US and global hegemony this guy poses and the answer might not be a good one for South Korea.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I remember reading a study on the hierarchy of chimpanzees/baboons (cant remember which) and the alpha (leader) loved the power, it actually caused dopamine spikes, that was their drug, their fuel.

Now why the hell cant these morons just retort to heroin or crack or something. Instead they have to play with millions of peoples lives for no reason but their drug habit. lol

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Does anyone know where the missile landed?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Does anyone know where the missile landed?

Broke apart and landed in the Pacific Ocean, just east of Japan.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
War now or war later.

Either way, I don't see a way out of this, without war.

And I do not ever want war.

But I'm not stupid either.

I agree 100%. Im almost always anti war, anti interventionist in opinion. NK really is a different situation, no matter whether tptb want a war or not.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   
China must really be upset about those new sanctions. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I am sure our boomers are on alert and a trident is hot and ready to fly. It would be a bad time for little Kim to push the situation. The little fat f**er seems to have a death wish.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Nickn3

He needs to go on a night out with the boys ffs.. maybe get laid, might do him wonders for his sadness

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The only way I could explain this crazy situation is that KJU (&Co but mostly just him) wants a large shooting war but it has to start over an attack on his country so he can claim self defence.

So we'll see this goading continue just the way it has been for some time yet until someone's patience wears out.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join