It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Has Apparently Launched A Missile Over Japan

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

By whom?

North Korea won't take any military action. Maybe Japan will answer this blatant provocation, but they're going to get hit as well. And I'm not sure Japan is ready nor willing to go to a full out war with Kim over this

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Let japan loose on N Korea, this has been going on how long? S Korea and the japs have a right to defend themselves.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Hearing reports that the missile went over Japan. Not land strike.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

You cant have people regularly seeking shelter because some lunatic is shooting missiles over your airspace that is a surefire path to political oblivion no there will be some response to this.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD
Well...one may be able to make a case that they have a right to test their missiles...even though they make a lot of threats which other countries do not when testing their munitions. However to fire a missile over another country without permission is by all means over the line. Their missiles have had a history of malfunctions and are not safe by any standards...I mean hell...one could make the case that this is an act of war!

Sanctions are an act of war. Not defending NK, but they are.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I read that too...things that make you go hmmm...
I do know that if China was interested in making this stop it would...but they're not and it hasn't. They're helping in any way they can profit from.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

That's a moot point. Modern nukes don't hit the ground anyways.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I say we airdrop a bunch of Big Macs and fries on them, surely they will see the light and overthrow Kim

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalShadow

Well in this case I would like to think sanctions are better than the alternative...which is war. Either we can peacefully stop them from posing such boisterous threats...or we stop them by all means. Before this event they weren't posing serious danger to allies with their tests...just rattling the saber and making vocal threats. Now they're shooting ordnance over allied countries without warning...ordnance that has malfunctioned on more than one occasion. I'd say that's about as far as one can let it go...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

The bigger question is - What does China have to say about it?

Pretty much. The biggest deterrent with the possible exception of collateral damage to South Korea (in particular Seoul), Guam and to a far lesser extent, Japan, is what China's response would be.

Last word from China was that if we struck first, they would defend NK but if NK initiated a conflict, China would remain neutral.

I'm really interested to see what they're saying now.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I always think China's thought in all this, is this.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

How many nuke drills did you have in both the United States and the Soviet Union during the cold war?

I'm telling you, nothing significant is going to happen till some blood is spilled

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

You cant have people regularly seeking shelter because some lunatic is shooting missiles over your airspace that is a surefire path to political oblivion no there will be some response to this.

Why not? People expect the Israelis to do it all the time or simply to give up and move to other lands and vacate.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
Modern nukes don't hit the ground anyways.

They will if the order is given to neutralize China's strategic capabilities. There's no way around it.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

China is probably saying something along the lines of...

"Sun Tzu, you know the Chinese General who wrote the Book The Art of War" that's taught at West Point and Sandhurst, wrote "The Greatest General never fights a battle"...wise words a thousand years old!

Now how are those talks with the US going about Trade and them giving us their IP and designs...?"

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

I didnt say the response would be war and in the western world the drill is simple for nuclear attack bend over kiss and wave or duck and cover as its commonly called.Id go for a naval blockade of north korea for example and sanctions.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I fully agree. No action will end well...some of my closest friends are in S. Korea and Japan.

I agree with Antedilluvian Kim might of just @#$% the pooch
Terrible news

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: avgguy
Modern nukes don't hit the ground anyways.

They will if the order is given to neutralize China's strategic capabilities. There's no way around it.
If thats the case, airburst. Bigger spread, perfect for soft targets, like the bodies of chinese and their paper tanks. Go with ground, you'll hamper any and all movements by any force, radiation will still be a problem though with either tactic, just not nearly as bad as airburst.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

They have arrow and patriot systems as well as iron dome so that was a response to the threats of the area Japan needs to respond likewise I dont think their citizens would be too happy being sitting ducks.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I wonder if it was intentional or a mistake?

I'm having flashbacks to the Day After movie. The visual of the first bomb (an EMP) exploding in the air haunts me to this day. It will start quietly and then suddenly.

edit on 28-8-2017 by icanteven because: It was Day after... not morning after. Doh!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join