It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps it's time to consider a new, 'upgraded' Confederacy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
With the talk of revolution, of civil war, of seccession of States, Let's entertain another possibility.

A new version of the Confederate States of America.

One that, of course, is slavery free. At least, the chain version. The economic one seems harder to get a handle on..

What States could be invited? What conditions would be required to gain your support?

Perhaps a few northern States merit consideration? A little better control of cities within some of these States might be a requirement, as well.

An intriguing thought. Comments?
edit on 28-8-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker
At the risk of sounding glib...who gets Trump?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

What talk? I don't watch the news and I don't hear no talk about revolution and/ or civil war.

Where is this talk? Who's talking?

edit on 28-8-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

He's rather old, don't you think? Not really part of this OP, either as a solution or a problem. Ultimately, it's 'We The People' that this is addressed to.

He can contribute to the thread if he desires....

edit on 28-8-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
declare alaska the confederate state, it makes sense.
shift all the disgruntled, misogynistic, bigoted, racist types up to the land of pure white snow and as a bonus its right next to your new bff russia.
reenact your brave battles of independence on the inuits, remember to lose.

leave the rest of america to get on with the real world.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Might not want to call it the "confederacy"...
How bout fourth Reich?

Maybe not, let's just leave it how it is.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
If succession ever happened it would be Texas, Colorado, Oklahoma, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico and California.

It would be over States Rights to Govern independently.

California is the reason it's not going to happen, and also the reason many people would be in favor of it, to kick California out.

But the demand for States Rights and it's economy would align it with Texas pretty quickly if those 2 big players ever got serious about it. It would never happen, one without the other.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

He's rather old, don't you think? Not really part of this OP, either as a solution or a problem. Ultimately, it's 'We The People' that this is addressed to.

So, given that a lot of this new confederacy seems to consist of have-not states, and the new Republic of Gilead, or whatever, will not be splitting off without taking along it's fair share of the existing national debt...who's gonna pay the piper?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: growler

I'm listening...

shift all the disgruntled, misogynistic, bigoted, racist types up to the land of pure white snow and as a bonus its right next to your new bff russia.

...and now I'm done listening. Alaska's full, no vacancy. GTFO. Occupado. We've turned off the welcome light. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.

Why? Folks up here get along fairly well together at present. Why suggest that dynamic needs screwed with?

By all means, go! Go get on with your bad selves in the lesser 48, take Hawaii with you if you wish. Many of us would welcome the solitude and absence of self righteousness.
edit on 28-8-2017 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlsBad
If succession ever happened it would be Texas, Colorado, Oklahoma, Nevada, Utah, New Mexico and California.

California is last in line for the throne? Wow...

I believe the word you were looking for is "secession"

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

What talk? I don't watch the news and I don't hear no talk about revolution and/ or civil war.

Where is this talk? Who's talking?

It doesn't really come up on this site, that I'm aware of. There has been a few politicians that have implied the possibility of civil war. If faced with that possibility, I'd prefer a peaceful dissolution of the Union, rather than a violent one.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
When is this 2nd Civil War? I don't want to be late.

I don't think what's happening in the US currently will lead to a civil war. Even if the communists and so-called 'anarchists' of Antifa attempt a revolution, it won't be a civil war, splitting the country into two opposing sides. Sure, you have the extreme left and extreme right, and the people who want you to believe that they will start an all-out war with one another, but they're a small percentage of the US population as a whole, and definitely not in-line with the ideals of the average citizen. More moderate citizens will make up the majority, and won't want either extreme left or extreme right to gain any ground. Same goes for the federal government. They will want to maintain the status quo. If anything happens, it will be a short-lived rebellion between two extremist factions, who will likely be labeled terrorists before it's over with, at which point we all lose.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

So, given that a lot of this new confederacy seems to consist of have-not states, and the new Republic of Gilead, or whatever, will not be splitting off without taking along it's fair share of the existing national debt...who's gonna pay the piper?

So which do you consider to be 'have States'? There isn't the old industrial powerhouse States anymore? All seem less than before....

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

That would be a disaster.. A there are no longer free state and slave state lines, and good luck pulling off rural vs urban..

But hypothetically if everyone down south agrees with each other and the north did too.

We would be at war in a week..

It close to allow any major competitor to get..

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: growler

I'm listening...

...and now I'm done listening. Alaska's full, no vacancy. GTFO. Occupado. We've turned off the welcome light. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here.

Why? Folks up here get along fairly well together at present. Why suggest that dynamic needs screwed with?

By all means, go! Go get on with your bad selves in the lesser 48, take Hawaii with you if you wish. Many of us would welcome the solitude and absence of self righteousness.

Wasn't there a movement to join Canada, back in day?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Oh I think it's fair to say trump would be the first...second confederate president...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CarlsBad

No it wouldn't.. The sociopolitical lines are not drawn by states, but by rural and urban..

Insurgencies are all that's possible with that dynamic..
edit on 28-8-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Here's the real question ?

Why does either side try to subjugate the other side ?

They both hate the ever living hell out of each other.

Why not get an amicable divorce.

The right gets the reich they always wanted.

The left gets the China they always wanted.

COMPROMISE.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Not that I'm aware of, but there's long been an Alaskan Independence movement and party.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Here's the real question ?

Why does either side try to subjugate the other side ?

They both hate the ever living hell out of each other.

Why not get an amicable divorce.

The right gets the reich they always wanted.

The left gets the China they always wanted.

COMPROMISE.

I don't see that very reasonable solution as a compromise. I see it as neither compromising and each sticking to their beliefs.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join