It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa Violence FINALLY Covered On MSNBC.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: luthier

Breitbart isn't state ran media lol give me a break. Trump didn't weapon distrust in media, the media did that to themselves. We've been talking about fake media and the msm narrative here on Ats since waaaay before Trump. Just stop.
Agreed, this is what gets me. Even as a lurker, those on ATS were very wary about what was put on the news, we constantly challenged the narrative. This is why we preferred our corner here.

But that isn't the same as a president saying it.if you don't see the dangers it's on you when it goes south. Yeah the media sucks. So does congress and the president in moat people's opinion. Pretty much at any time in the last 20 years. So first off its the pot calling the kettle black, and now he can say fake news ANY time a story against him comes up, even if true.

And no its all out faults for giving the msm the ratings to keep producing stories people can't get enough of. Which are generally shallow and void of facts.

And a media source working WITH the government is state run.
edit on 28-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

So if Obama preferred MSNBC over Fox would that make MSNBC the new state media while he was in office? You sound ridiculous.

He didn't constantly tweet about it and promote them I am aware of. But yes I could see msnbc being a state media outlet for the left. But the president constantly weighing in on it is a new one as far as I know.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
The dems internal poll results are in and they are not pretty.

Embracing Antifa and the alt-left has proven to be very unpopular with voters.

Now the dems and their lapdog media are going into full damage-control mode.

I think they thought it would work for them...until the beast they unleashed directed its fangs back in their direction.

Take for example, Frank Somerville KTVU, Oakland California's TV news anchor:

I experienced hate first hand today.

It came from these people dressed in all black at a protest in Berkeley.

Ironically they were all chanting about NO hate.
Some had shields and gloves.
Some had helmets.
Some had gas masks.

I took these two pictures and afterward they started screaming at me.

I thought for sure they were going to attack.

[[CHAOS ENSUES]]

I walked away stunned.
I grew up in Berkeley.
I marched in anti-war protests during the sixties.

Its one thing to read about HATE
It's another thing to be right next to it.

In my opinion, these people dressed in black are just as hateful and intolerant as the people they are protesting against.

Consequences are a bitch, don't you know?
edit on 28-8-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: pavil
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Hold the presses , there's suppression of free speech on college campuses and violence towards Trump supporters? When did this suddenly appear? We should do something about this! It might escalate if we don't stop it.

Mika reads a teleprompter about as good as Sharpton, bless her heart.

Surpression of free speech on colleges is allowed for the most part. It's a business. Free speech does not allow you to upset the business for whatever reason. The public college campus is a slight grey area but they have the right to refuse anyone particularly if they don't have student sponsorship. They have a business to run. Now you can make fun of them or call them out but you can't just say stuff to purposely disrupt the business. That isn't covered in free speech.

Same reason you can't say whatever you want at work.

People push free speech. It isn't an invincible shield. It has limits.

You know exactly what I mean. Student sponsored and admin approved events have been blocked by outside agitators with violence ensuing.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

The establishment and msm have been pushing an "official" government globalist narrative for a long time. Breitbart doesn't push that narrative. In fact, they are largely brushed off and scoffed at by the msm and establishment. Hardly state media.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

The white house had an editor as chief off staff who resigned and became an editor again. It doesn't matter if you switch from one narrative to another.

It seems your bullet point script doesn't work when your debate opponent isn't a Democrat. A lot like many trump fans and supporters. They just can't understand another viewpoint. Much like the liberals they loathe.
edit on 28-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

a reply to: SlapMonkey

Hold the presses , there's suppression of free speech on college campuses and violence towards Trump supporters? When did this suddenly appear? We should do something about this! It might escalate if we don't stop it.

Mika reads a teleprompter about as good as Sharpton, bless her heart.

Surpression of free speech on colleges is allowed for the most part. It's a business. Free speech does not allow you to upset the business for whatever reason. The public college campus is a slight grey area but they have the right to refuse anyone particularly if they don't have student sponsorship. They have a business to run. Now you can make fun of them or call them out but you can't just say stuff to purposely disrupt the business. That isn't covered in free speech.

Same reason you can't say whatever you want at work.

People push free speech. It isn't an invincible shield. It has limits.

You know exactly what I mean. Student sponsored and admin approved events have been blocked by outside agitators with violence ensuing.

I do but who really knows who the agitators are. A couple dozen goons in black can wreak havoc. It's something our delta force knows well.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Easiest fix in the world...when the mask wearing men in black show up and become disorderly, the authorities need to unmask them, photograph them, identify them, and publish that information nationside (since arrests are in the public domain).

We would know, in short order, who the agitators are...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
Easiest fix in the world...when the mask wearing men in black show up and become disorderly, the authorities need to unmask them, photograph them, identify them, and publish that information nationside (since arrests are in the public domain).

We would know, in short order, who the agitators are...

Perfect. Unless of coarse it's a conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
In a reply to: Wookiep,

I tell you what, the left and Dems scream "WHITE SUPREMACY!" when in reality, the only supremacy I see is the left with violent thugs like Antifa. "Believe as I do, or I'll bash your face in with a bicycle lock!". If Hitler and Goebbels were alive today, they'd be damn proud seeing their ways have not been lost...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aegeus
In a reply to: Wookiep,

I tell you what, the left and Dems scream "WHITE SUPREMACY!" when in reality, the only supremacy I see is the left with violent thugs like Antifa. "Believe as I do, or I'll bash your face in with a bicycle lock!". If Hitler and Goebbels were alive today, they'd be damn proud seeing their ways have not been lost...

So in your mind the Democrats are all antifa violent thugs because a dozen or so college kids went nuts?

I guess all the Republicans are white supremacists since they go to republican primaries.

What are you even ranting about. I hear republicans scream antifa and George soros constantly. Both you all are nuts. Time for the centrists to take over.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Is AnTifa like a loud fart? Just a big noise?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Hah, more like a giant turd that's clogging the toilet.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Or even worse, one that's poisoning America's culture.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Correct. Unfortunately. But today gives me some hope. If the media decides to keep calling them out, we just might get that toilet to flush!

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Correct. Unfortunately. But today gives me some hope. If the media decides to keep calling them out, we just might get that toilet to flush!

The only problem is too many turd buglers and not enough plumbers. Or simply put, too many people want to get the people that are causing the problems, and not deal with the social issues creating the problem. It's the same thing throughout the current terrorist movement, be it Muslim Extremists, White Power, or the Next thing next week (I don't know floating fire-ants seem to be big in the news so I'll say that) Everybody wants a fast feel good solution, but screw the long game on fixing the core issues.

This being said, I'm very glad that Media Corps has stepped up and started to at least show some backbone on telling the truth of a story rather than trying to get ratings off of it.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

YEP.. HOPE. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Left-wing Washington Post bash Antifa today.
www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

YEP.. HOPE. I was pleasantly surprised to see the Left-wing Washington Post bash Antifa today.
www.washingtonpost.com...

Wow, that is amazing! What happened, did Hell freeze over? Thanks for sharing.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
As the youtube comments say, I'm totally shocked that this is being reported like this on MSNBC. Suddenly they are saying that it's wrong to suppress free speech, including of Milo or Ann Coulter. They are also addressing the fact that college campus culture is going off the rails. Good for them! a reply to: Wookiep

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Agreed. They even called out 'snowflake culture' happening on college campuses.. I don't know what's going on here, but I LOVE it! Lol

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join