It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Antifa Violence FINALLY Covered On MSNBC.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

I guess better late—really late—than never. Of course we've all known about this stuff for over a year or more, even longer if we consider the lineage of rampant censorship and political correctness that has been occurring for who knows how long.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: Gryphon66

Leftist media has done nothing but defend antifa, till now. That's why it's a leftist thing. Now if they will tell the truth about BLM, we're golden.

That is factually untrue. No one has "defended" ANTIFA ... because ANTIFA is an idea, not a cohesive group. I'll be glad to look at your evidence for that claim.

What are you classifying as "leftist media" ... anything you personally don't agree with?

I beg to differ with your claim -- ANTIFA is not a "leftist" thing at all (and furthermore, there is no centralized "ANTIFA" except in the minds of some who consider themselves "right-wing."

"Leftists" stand for equal individual rights above all else to the extent that the far left is anarchical. They wouldn't function well in standard hierarchical groups.

That's the reason that the worst thing for a revolutionary group is to "win." Then they become the Establishment. LOL
edit on 28-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Wookiep

I guess better late—really late—than never. Of course we've all known about this stuff for over a year or more, even longer if we consider the lineage of rampant censorship and political correctness that has been occurring for who knows how long.

What is funny is the free speech most people puff up about is completely meaningless. Yet the innovations of artifacts have been censored over the years and nobody protests that, or that conservatives can't balance a budget. They speak a with the sole purpose of saying bs that makes people mad.

It's so stupid. It's not like they are supressing Healthcare ideas or better tax methods.

The free speech debate has become a total sham in my opinion. Used by loudmouth who want some fame.

Not saying it isn't necessary but the left didn't do crap to destroy ideas being spread. The was a greedy bipartisan effort.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

There's plenty of "evidence". As you can see however, given my current equipment, I can't seem to post videos and apparently even links are a problem. So I'll just go ahead and agree to strongly disagree with you.
edit on 28-8-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

They can pull TRIGGERS I'd say, but not much else.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

What is funny is the free speech most people puff up about is completely meaningless. Yet the innovations of artifacts have been censored over the years and nobody protests that, or that conservatives can't balance a budget. They speak a with the sole purpose of saying bs that makes people mad.

It's so stupid. It's not like they are supressing Healthcare ideas or better tax methods.

The free speech debate has become a total sham in my opinion. Used by loudmouth who want some fame.

Not saying it isn't necessary but the left didn't do crap to destroy ideas being spread. The was a greedy bipartisan effort.

It is not a total sham, nor is the issue a partisan one. Censoring anything erodes democracy.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

There's plenty of "evidence". As you can see however, given my current equipment, I can't seem to post videos and apparently even links are a problem. So I'll just go ahead and agree to strongly disagree with you.

Yeah, I didn't mean to catch you at a disadvantage. And of course I can't speak for every person or every media outlet either. I just haven't seen anyone defend "ANTIFA" and certainly not this kind of violence you're discussing in this thread.

What I'm seeing is that there are a group of people in and around Berkeley who ARE terrorists, reference this, the vandalism in May in protest of Milo, etc.

Terrorists are terrorists.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Here's one:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Still don't trust the media. They are doing a 180 on this and acting all outraged, and I'm sure there is an alternative motive here.

With how greasy these bastards are, you can't just wash that off.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That's an example of someone reacting to President's Trump spurious claims about another separate event across the country ... to wit, that both sides in Charlottesville were "the same."

The two sides were anything but "the same" in Charlottesville.

edit on 28-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

All media is a business. Businesses sell what their customers want to hear.

In a similar fashion, all politicians are liars.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

It is not a total sham, nor is the issue a partisan one. Censoring anything erodes democracy.

The debate and misuse of the first to have celebrity moments is not it's intent. It is unavoidable but let's not pretend important ideas are being supressed. If Ann Coulter can't use the shield from the first to sell more books on a Berkley campus I could care less. It's a business. They have the right to not want her there. It's a grey area but I just don't feel it's a problem. I just think idiots using free speech to become famous to make money saying stupid things is rediculous.

For instance these antifa people. Do they have the right to hold rallies on how to scam trump supporters? Can you protest in front of Jewish business to block commerce?

It's an issue like everything else that requires critical thinking.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Isn't UCal a government entity?

As such, it is responsible under the First.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

It's a legal gray area because it is also a business. You can't disrupt commerce as part of free speech. It's something you can hear debated fairly early in history in the us.
edit on 28-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Leftist media has done nothing but defend antifa, till now. That's why it's a leftist thing. Now if they will tell the truth about BLM, we're golden.

That is factually untrue. No one has "defended" ANTIFA. I'll be glad to look at your evidence for that claim.

What are you classifying as "leftist media" ... anything you personally don't agree with?

I beg to differ with your claim -- ANTIFA is not a "leftist" thing at all (and furthermore, there is no centralized "ANTIFA" except in the minds of some who consider themselves "right-wing."

"Leftists" stand for equal individual rights above all else to the extent that the far left is anarchical. They wouldn't function well in standard hierarchical groups.

That's the reason that the worst thing for a revolutionary group is to "win." Then they become the Establishment. LOL
You're being willfully dense or just plain dumb.

A SoCali article is a great example of this. Oh, there are many more, established outlets as well.
www.dailycal.org...

"Whether its tactics were morally right or wrong, and whether it instigated the resulting violence or not, Antifa should not be equated to the groups it came to protest."

"Antifa was the most visible opponent at the rally to defend communities under attack."

"Antifa was able to protect people, albeit by using violence itself."

Perhaps CNN and their views of them, compared them to Soldiers of D day.

cernovich.com...

Yes, Leftist liberal media is the Establishment media. ANTIFA is an org that has some centralized form of hierarchy, thats how these things are formed. Before? perhaps your views may have had some merit, today? with social media? not a chance in hell.

"Americans" stand for equal individual rights, above all else. However, leftists view them differently, dictated by emotions rather logic.

Worse thing to due is question their existence, while simultaneously ignoring liberal media outlets.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I'm not sure anyone said they were the same.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

That's an example of someone reacting to President's Trump spurious claims about another separate event across the country that both sides in Charlottesville were "the same."

The two sides were anything but "the same" in Charlottesville.

Ummm...that IS media, Don is the voice and it reflects off CNN.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

a reply to: MisterSpock

All media is a business. Businesses sell what their customers want to hear.

In a similar fashion, all politicians are liars.
Not to the point of which it tells fake news and obscures stories.

link   

originally posted by: luthier

It's a legal gray area because it is also a business. You can't disrupt commerce as part of free speech. It's something you can hear debated fairly early in history in the us.

UCal Berkeley is a publicly-funded research university. It's a wing of the government of the State of California.

link   

originally posted by: luthier

The debate and misuse of the first to have celebrity moments is not it's intent. It is unavoidable but let's not pretend important ideas are being supressed. If Ann Coulter can't use the shield from the first to sell more books on a Berkley campus I could care less. It's a business. They have the right to not want her there. It's a grey area but I just don't feel it's a problem. I just think idiots using free speech to become famous to make money saying stupid things is rediculous.

For instance these antifa people. Do they have the right to hold rallies on how to scam trump supporters? Can you protest in front of Jewish business to block commerce?

It's an issue like everything else that requires critical thinking.

A little critical thinking might show you that freedom of speech is not a 1-to-1 ratio with the first amendment. The first amendment protects free speech. They are not the same. Free speech is a principle that you either believe in or you don't. From what I can tell, you do not believe in it.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join