It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For Our Texas Members

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TXTriker

TX, I don't know what to say. I'm just so sorry.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Drying out here in W. Houston. The rest of the city is still inundated with flood waters. Rescues still underway and people are coming together to help each other out. Lots of cleanup to do. The city will need to revamp/repair the levees of the two resevoirs that held the water back. It was reported that one levee actually over topped. Earthen dams should never over top.

Earlier in this thread a couple of posters were talking about this storm being a thousand year storm. That only means that a flood like this has a .1 % chance of happening during any given year.

We're just trying to help each other out at this point.
Soome houses are still underwater and the ones that arent need sheet rock removed and remediated. Everything that got flooded has to be sanitised now.

There were many many people that stepped up to help us out. The "Cajun Navy" showed up early and started helping pull people out for their flooded homes. It seemed that everyone with a boat or 4x4 was helping in the rescue efforts. A local businessman, "Mattress Mac" opened all three of his stores to refugees and National Guard to provide shelter. Jim McInvale is a local hero.... Joel Osteen... not so much.

Thank you all for the kind words, thoughts and prayers. We have a strong community here and will survive this but those will change Houston forever.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

Unfortunately with climate change, I think we may eventually be seeing these "thousand-year" storms every year.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Unfortunately with climate change, I think we may eventually be seeing these "thousand-year" storms every year.

The way "Emma" is shaping up we might not have to wait very long.....and Trop 9 could bring more flooding.

but climate change is just a figment of the libs imagination....lol

www.accuweather.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

On a personal note, if he is gone he is now with one of his best friend's - our son. We lost him in 2002. Heaven will think it has turned into hell with those two together.

Oh Hun, I am so sorry to hear this!

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

It is beautiful how people come together in times of crisis, not only locally, but from elsewhere as well. This will certainly take a lot of time and effort. My heart goes out to all who have been affected in any way by this tragic event. Still praying.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

More flooding? OMG!

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Riding a jet-ski down the back roads is fun as all hell.
I've saved a couple of dogs, and a deer.
My domicile stayed dry, but there is going to be a lot of work to be done to get back on our feet.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

And to Nightstar

No worries. You take what comes and deal with it. Many are in the same boat.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

You are a strong woman. It's as they say "life is not for sissies".
My best.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
My domicile stayed dry, but there is going to be a lot of work to be done to get back on our feet.

I want details about the animal rescues! The deer? How did that happen? Were heroics involved?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

You are a strong woman. It's as they say "life is not for sissies".
My best.

Thank you

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I'm headed down to Padre to help some friends out and do a little metal detecting. Hurricanes always uncover plenty of treasure.

And the specks and reds should be hungry. There's always a bright side.....
edit on 4-9-2017 by olaru12 because: you have mail....

posted on Sep, 7 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

originally posted by: skunkape23

I want details about the animal rescues! The deer? How did that happen? Were heroics involved?

I found the deer in a swimming pool. The water was a couple of feet over what should have been the edge. It was trying to get out on the deep end. I jumped in and pushed it to the steps on the shallow end and it took off running.
I found the dog's owners and they were very thankful.
Also helped rescue a couple of horses and about a dozen cattle.
The waters should start going down in a few days.
Hell of mess in Brazoria county.
We will survive.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join