It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to play a game.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: Wedni
I have a wife, one kid at college, one in high school, a dog, 2 birds, a turtle and a fish.

And a partridge in a pair tree?

Oh man, that one has to make a line behind the cat my daughter wants to adopt.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

lol does no one get the op?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This dog had the right idea. He broke out of the fenced garden, went straight downtown and brought back some biscuits for everyone (well, dog biscuits ... priorites, priorities ...)

www.today.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Nice sentiment but.. it's another re run from the 80s. People are still starving. We are the world, recall that one?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Yes let's end poverty ... we can start by asking the two boxers who had a bout in that staged boxing match that happened in Vegas over the weekend for some cash. Where no matter whether you won or lost you got to walk away as a multi millionaire, and the promoters made a ton of money and let's not forget all the tv deals that happened
edit on 28-8-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2017 by ThePeaceMaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

It shouldn’t take more than a week to reach around the globe.

Are you under some delusional idea that the whole world lives in a first class societies?

What about countries where your neighbor, their neighbor and practically the whole village don't have food or water?

We should also thank George Clooney, Ellen Degeneres, 50 Cent, Shakira, Karle Kloss, Matt Damon, Jeff Gordon, Angelina Jolie, Christina Aguilera, Brad Pitt, Jon Bon Jovi, Maroon 5 Bono, Sean Penn, Willie Nelson, Lady Gaga, Alicia Keys, Bill Gates, Jeff Bridges and many more celebrities, för fighting to END POVERTY. Unless they are frauds, of course.

How about doing something that will actually work.

Are people in the western world willing to suffer due to their own causes?

NO,

Famine and poverty will never end when we live an high consumer societies while others live with barely enough food to survive and the water they do have is full of diseases.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
We have been doing this in our community for quite a long time. We used to feed the homeless in the park, until Florida made that a crime.

We have local venues and pantries where we feed the needy and we make available, care packages that take care of hygiene and comfort needs. We provide help with job resumes and proper clothing for job hunting.

The sad thing is that the number of the needy is growing. We have even a had a couple families that used to give and volunteer, end up among the numbers of the needy.

I am so proud to say that both families were taken in by kind volunteers and provided help getting back on their feet. We have an elderly gentleman that couldn't just take the meals we provided him. He insisted on helping out with anything he could find around the center that needed to be done. We couldn't stop him from picking up and emptying trash, wiping down tables. He has become a very valued helper.

We can all do something. We never know when we may need help ourselves.

edit on 28-8-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edits.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

I'm the cfo for a 501c3. For the rich they are just tax havens. They donate the majority of their money to their own foundation. Spend it on planes cars, travel, business properties. All off which are owned by the non profit. Only 20 percent of monies taken in habe to go to the actual charityand most of that are in kind donations of time, food stuffs etc.

Pls then they get the positive pr of running and or donating to a charity.

That's how people like Bill Gates habe am effective tax rate of like 5 percent.

Jaden

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Those you listed SHOULD do more. They have more money for doing LESS than anybody I know. Plus it looks like the who's who of libtardism .

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
We have been doing this in our community for quite a long time. We used to feed the homeless in the park, until Florida made that a crime.

We have local venues and pantries where we feed the needy and we make available, care packages that take care of hygiene and comfort needs. We provide help with job resumes and proper clothing for job hunting.

The sad thing is that the number of the needy is growing. We have even a had a couple families that used to give and volunteer, end up among the numbers of the needy.

I am so proud to say that both families were taken in by kind volunteers and provided help getting back on their feet. We have an elderly gentleman that couldn't just take the meals we provided him. He insisted on helping out with anything he could find around the center that needed to be done. We couldn't stop him from picking up and emptying trash, wiping down tables. He has become a very valued helper.

We can all do something. We never know when we may need help ourselves.

I'm glad we have you. You make me nothing but happy.

Whoever and all people who enable that to be viewed as a crime should reconsider. Some should be more ashamed of themselves than others. Everything and everyone can change; everything and all, and YOU do, anyhow!

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

i assumed it was a poor attemp at satire, but reading their replies, i think theyre serious.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
a reply to: badw0lf

i assumed it was a poor attemp at satire, but reading their replies, i think theyre serious.

Thank you, for not being closed to my vision if nothing else. I appreciate it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join