It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well it looks like Harvey just ended Trump's wall

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

You do know that 10 months have passed since the election right? People's opinions on Trump aren't the same as they were on November 8th.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

No one is scared of the 20% of the population who are trump supporters....

He couldn't win the popular vote with hillary Clinton as his opponent and had huge swaths of people who voted for him for change or to avoid a politician. Not because they think trump is a good leader or even a good person..

The cult of trump types only make up a fraction of the American population...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I have the countless protests that have been dogging his presidency since day 1

Meaningless since they are paid shills by the losers of the last election.

I have plenty on my side to show his slipping support even if you want to disregard the polls.

No you don't.

There is no RIGHT to throw hissy fits until you get your way after LOSING a democratic vote.

This country wasn't created like that, and doesn't run like that.

There is absolutely NOTHING to support your so called argument.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: DBCowboy

You are not alone in your "wall" expectations.
I am not expecting as much a physical wall in unoccupied areas of the border.

So actually it's a pretend wall and Mexico is going to pretend to pay for it. Sounds reasonable....

yes thats it exactly and exactly as I posted
apnm

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You do know that 10 months have passed since the election right? People's opinions on Trump aren't the same as they were on November 8th.

Doesn't MATTER.

Because the only opinions matter come election day when EVERYONE gets a say.

link   
Did we learn nothing about trying to predict the future via the wisdom of some article or some opinion?

link   

originally posted by: neo96
Meaningless since they are paid shills by the losers of the last election.

Saying this doesn't make it true, but it is certainly a good way to keep your head buried in the sand.

No you don't.

So says Neo the uber partisan!

There is no RIGHT to throw hissy fits until you get your way after LOSING a democratic vote.

Actually the 1st Amendment says I can complain all I want and there is nothing you can do about it.

This country wasn't created like that, and doesn't run like that.

Yes it was created EXACTLY like that. It was created to adhere to the opinions of the people. If the opinions change post-election then it behooves that politician to change his stance or be voted out next election.

There is absolutely NOTHING to support your so called argument.

Again. So says the uber partisan.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Yep, and nobody is allowed to change their ideas as time progresses and situations change

You mean like saying Mexico is going to pay for the wall and when that fails beg the Mexican president to at least stop talking about it. Then....threatening to shut down the government if congress won't give you the money for a stupid wall that you promised the Mexicans were going to pay for?
That kind of mind changing due to things like oh I don't know...reality maybe?
Everybody but he and his base it seems knew that there was no way that Mexico was EVER going to pay for a wall.

It does make me smile to know that no matter what I think of Trump or don't think of Trump, he will always occupy the majority of space in tiny little heads who don't make many comments that don't start with "Trump".

Perhaps in 2020, the winner will not live rent free in your head.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Doesn't MATTER.

Man I wish you practiced what you preach here when Obama was in office...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

But hey, it's Trump we are talking about. He isn't one to care about these details. I'll bet he'll barrel ahead with this regardless.

Sounds like a perfect time to add a wall to the total.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Saying this doesn't make it true, but it is certainly a good way to keep your head buried in the sand.

Because it is true someone has their head buried in the sand.

Over a YEAR of it.

That 'revolutions' require MONEY.

The pot calling.

Actually the 1st Amendment says I can complain all I want and there is nothing you can do about it.

Guess I don't have that SAME right.

Aw shucks.

Yes it was created EXACTLY like that. It was created to adhere to the opinions of the people. If the opinions change post-election then it behooves that politician to change his stance or be voted out next election.

Not after a democratic vote.

Ya know that thing were two sides get a say and the job of running country returns to ORDER.

If that was true I'd be running around crying bout walls, and nazis are out to git me.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Doesn't MATTER.

Man I wish you practiced what you preach here when Obama was in office...

Have a problem with me practicing my first amendment RIGHT.

After saying this SNIP.

Actually the 1st Amendment says I can complain all I want and there is nothing you can do about it

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Harvey, over the weekend, wrecked Texas. The clean up is predicted to take years and Congress is going to have to vote on federal aid to assist the state. Well this is happening right as Trump has threatened to shut the government down over getting funding for his wall. Well that bluff just got shot to hell. No reasonable person would agree to shutting down the government and potentially sidelining FEMA's relief efforts. Many in Congress agree.

Source

White House officials and GOP leaders were already taking stock of the challenge on Sunday, even as the floodwaters in Texas — and the eventual cost of recovery — were still rising. One senior White House official and GOP aides on Capitol Hill said late Sunday they expected to begin discussing an “emergency” package of funding soon to help with relief and rebuilding efforts, even if agreement as to the size of such a package remained premature.

During Sandy relief efforts Republicans demanded offsetting budget cuts to pay for those costs. This is definitely something that the Democrats will wave in their faces too, so it is unlikely that Trump has much ground left to stand to pitch his stupid wall.

Also likely to be a factor is the prevailing view among hard-line Republicans — notably during the debate about Hurricane Sandy — that aid packages should be offset by corresponding budget cuts. Democrats are sure to remind Republicans, particularly those from Texas who voted against the Sandy package, of their past stands.

But hey, it's Trump we are talking about. He isn't one to care about these details. I'll bet he'll barrel ahead with this regardless.
Well Pedro, we'll encourage Trump to 'barrell' on with the wall...We know the wall will be cheaper than supporting the illegals that will come in without it...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: MOMof3

We will see, thats kinda the point of the big men in offices. If I were to make that kind of decision, I'll be President and not sitting here.

The rate of increase under reagan was massive after carter. Obama just continued the Bush rampant expansion.

It should be noted that much of that expansion of debt was done to fix the economy that Bush left him, but that is always left out of the discussion whenever Obama's debt expansion numbers are brought up.

Bush did such a number on Obama, that it took him 8 years finally clear up the dept. (good thing he didn't add any to what was already there, amirite?)

The jury is still out on how long trump will whine about Obama and how u fair the media is to him.

The true snowflake president. Oh the media is so unfortunately poor me....lol.

If history is any guide, he will have 8 years to blame his predecessor. (although to be fair it was really like 7, he spent the last year gloating about how Trump would never be president.)

I would wager a bet he most likely barely makes it out of 4 if even.

Bit your right he is just your typical Washington scum with no ideas of obtainable substance. The outsider myth can be dispelled.

I'm not sure he could have gained that support even with soft ass kissing lips and a genuine smile, as the "never Trump" folks had foam around their mouths long before he signed his first EO. (meaning they had no intention of ever offering him a chance to do good things)

Trump didn't even try to work with the GOP. Constant insults even during his campaign. Not a great way to foster support.

He has the support of the American people, who of whoch the GOP work for. The American people feel both parties are incompetent. He can say and do whatever he wants to both political parties and Americans will overwhelmingly approve. After all, WE'RE THE BOSSES, right?

Not even close son, This is a corporate Oligarchy, the people with the money are in control. The politicians dance to their tune and that includes trump. To most thinking Americans, and the Oligarchy, trump is nothing more than an entertaining clown.
You're absolutely WRONG and a sad fate you've come to accept. Sad and Pathetic, feel ashamed of yourself.

We live in a type of democracy called a republic, in which we, the People, elect a leader to work for us.

Just because the perception exist that money rules doesn't mean its true.
Hillary spent how much during the campaign, according to your ideology, it should have been bought.
He doesn't have the support of the American people, the majority of, then he shouldn't have gotten elected.
The special elections, Dems raised closed to billion, should have been bought.

No, you demonstrate weakness when you proclaim something outlandish. I dare the state to challenge the people if that is what you claim.

Such brainwashing, dear lord have mercy on this poor soul.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

He's very rapidly losing support. He's now at 35% approval. That means 65% of Americans do not support him.
So saying he has the support of the American people couldn't be further from the truth. He does not have the support of the American people and many are fully in support of his impeachment for incompetence.
Wake up and join the real world.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Over a YEAR of it.

The pot calling.

Aw shucks.

Ya know that thing were two sides get a say and the job of running country returns to ORDER.

If that was true I'd be running around crying bout walls, and nazis are out to git me.
Awesome rebuttal.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

No one is scared of the 20% of the population who are trump supporters....

He couldn't win the popular vote with hillary Clinton as his opponent and had huge swaths of people who voted for him for change or to avoid a politician. Not because they think trump is a good leader or even a good person..

The cult of trump types only make up a fraction of the American population...
LOL, and yet, here he is, YOUR president. Bahahahahahahahha!!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Over a YEAR of it.

Who said anything about a revolution? Sheesh, your right wing paranoia is really off the deep end today.

The pot calling.

My name isn't Neo. Plus I switch political sides as the times warrant. I used to be conservative.

Aw shucks.

You said that. Not me.

The job of running the country returns to order when both sides agree to set aside their difference and compromise their beliefs. It DOESN'T happen when one side tries to strong arm the other in complicity just because they won the election. Clearly you don't understand that, but Trump will never get the country running smoothly as long as he adopts his antagonistic behavior to anything that crosses him.

You already do that. Literally everything you say I have to roll my eyes with your political hyperbole and strawmans. You are attempting one in this very post by talking about revolutions when no one has even broached that subject.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Nope he does not have overwhelming support. Please you know that is a big fat lie.
Most of the country wishes they had never heard of him these days. Many many who voted for him are regretting it and more are joining in that opinion every day.
That is the truth.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

He's very rapidly losing support. He's now at 35% approval. That means 65% of Americans do not support him.
So saying he has the support of the American people couldn't be further from the truth. He does not have the support of the American people and many are fully in support of his impeachment for incompetence.
Wake up and join the real world.
Again, don't fall for polls, you already know the results of that.

However,
www.foxnews.com...

Most polls have him at 39%, a far cry from the 35 you have him at and considering world leaders, to include Reagen, he'll be JUST FINE.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join