It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well it looks like Harvey just ended Trump's wall

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: MOMof3

We will see, thats kinda the point of the big men in offices. If I were to make that kind of decision, I'll be President and not sitting here.

The rate of increase under reagan was massive after carter. Obama just continued the Bush rampant expansion.

It should be noted that much of that expansion of debt was done to fix the economy that Bush left him, but that is always left out of the discussion whenever Obama's debt expansion numbers are brought up.

Bush did such a number on Obama, that it took him 8 years finally clear up the dept. (good thing he didn't add any to what was already there, amirite?)

The jury is still out on how long trump will whine about Obama and how u fair the media is to him.

The true snowflake president. Oh the media is so unfortunately poor me....lol.

If history is any guide, he will have 8 years to blame his predecessor. (although to be fair it was really like 7, he spent the last year gloating about how Trump would never be president.)

I would wager a bet he most likely barely makes it out of 4 if even.

Bit your right he is just your typical Washington scum with no ideas of obtainable substance. The outsider myth can be dispelled.

You may be right with the time frame, but I still don't think he is an insider, he grossly underestimated the power of being president without support of your party. I'm not sure he could have gained that support even with soft ass kissing lips and a genuine smile, as the "never Trump" folks had foam around their mouths long before he signed his first EO. (meaning they had no intention of ever offering him a chance to do good things)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

They're not talking ability or water here honey. It's about the money.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
a reply to: Christosterone

I'm a 6th generation Texan... We will have this cleaned up by Christmas.

You mean the illegal aliens that actually work in the state will have to cleaned up.

The wall is going up come hell or high water [in Harvey's case]

Sure it is and it will be fun listening to people like you whine and cry when the government steals your land for the wall.

So the wall is going to get built? Damn, will you folks make up your minds already?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

So the wall is going to get built? Damn, will you folks make up your minds already?

I think its fair to say the wall construction will begin, but its extremely unlikely to get finished.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

We will see, thats kinda the point of the big men in offices. If I were to make that kind of decision, I'll be President and not sitting here.

The rate of increase under reagan was massive after carter. Obama just continued the Bush rampant expansion.

It should be noted that much of that expansion of debt was done to fix the economy that Bush left him, but that is always left out of the discussion whenever Obama's debt expansion numbers are brought up.

Bush did such a number on Obama, that it took him 8 years finally clear up the dept. (good thing he didn't add any to what was already there, amirite?)

The jury is still out on how long trump will whine about Obama and how u fair the media is to him.

If history is any guide, he will have 8 years to blame his predecessor. (although to be fair it was really like 7, he spent the last year gloating about how Trump would never be president.)

Bit your right he is just your typical Washington scum with no ideas of obtainable substance. The outsider myth can be dispelled.

I'm not sure he could have gained that support even with soft ass kissing lips and a genuine smile, as the "never Trump" folks had foam around their mouths long before he signed his first EO. (meaning they had no intention of ever offering him a chance to do good things)

Trump didn't even try to work with the GOP. Constant insults even during his campaign. Not a great way to foster support. Trump will maintain support from his core, with his constant blustery tweets, but he is even losing support from thinking conservatives like Tillerson that he desperately needs.

edit on 28-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Since when has that ever been an issue ?

Trump haters thinks it grew on trees.

Trump haters pay people NOT to work.

Trump haters spent over 1 trillion dollars to make people 'smart'.

And yall are crying about WALLS ?
edit on 28-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

You may be right with the time frame, but I still don't think he is an insider, he grossly underestimated the power of being president without support of your party. I'm not sure he could have gained that support even with soft ass kissing lips and a genuine smile, as the "never Trump" folks had foam around their mouths long before he signed his first EO. (meaning they had no intention of ever offering him a chance to do good things)

I personally gave him a couple months and it was obvious he had no real ideas and was in it for the ratings. I didn't vote for him and couldn't bring myself to so I went 3rd party. It was a which leg do you want to saw off for me.

The guy simply is not qualified or eve a decent person to pretend. My reasons of dislike are technical. Jfk was a crude womanizer but he had ideas so it's easier to overlook his personal flaws. Trump is literally flailing.

link   

originally posted by: whargoul

Only an idiot would think that Texas would be able to rebuild from this storm without federal assistance.

Aid that is coming from taxes collected in mostly blue states at that. You'd better thank Cali Tejas boy, I hope you're not one of the idiots wishing she'd leave the union.

Are you talking to me? I don't live in Texas.

I was following up with what you said to the same guy you were responding to.

These people like to throw around how terrible California is and how it should sink or get kicked from the union because... Liberal. Guess what Texas is now a social welfare state, congrats guys! All the liberals you hate so much are helping to support you AND not hating you for it.

This does kind of smack of taxation without representation though, considering a liberal (neo-liberal, eww, but at least a little more left than them) won the popular vote and they are getting the advantages of what they voted against (social welfare). That $50+ billion could have gone a long way to free college or single payer healthcare.

quote]originally posted by: Christosterone
A west Texas axiom my grandmother always said was to keep an open ear and open hand to anyone who needs help or offers it..

My gran used to say "Texas is dumb, but it aint Kansas dumb. They don't turn down federal aid!"

link   

originally posted by: whargoul

Only an idiot would think that Texas would be able to rebuild from this storm without federal assistance.

Aid that is coming from taxes collected in mostly blue states at that. You'd better thank Cali Tejas boy, I hope you're not one of the idiots wishing she'd leave the union.

Are you talking to me? I don't live in Texas.

I was following up with what you said to the same guy you were responding to.

These people like to throw around how terrible California is and how it should sink or get kicked from the union because... Liberal. Guess what Texas is now a social welfare state, congrats guys! All the liberals you hate so much are helping to support you AND not hating you for it.

This does kind of smack of taxation without representation though, considering a liberal (neo-liberal, eww, but at least a little more left than them) won the popular vote and they are getting the advantages of what they voted against (social welfare). That $50+ billion could have gone a long way to free college or single payer healthcare.

originally posted by: Christosterone
A west Texas axiom my grandmother always said was to keep an open ear and open hand to anyone who needs help or offers it..

My gran used to say "Texas is dumb, but it aint Kansas dumb. They don't turn down federal aid!"
edit on 8/28/2017 by whargoul because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/28/2017 by whargoul because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/28/2017 by whargoul because: quote mess up

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I'm not sure he could have gained that support even with soft ass kissing lips and a genuine smile, as the "never Trump" folks had foam around their mouths long before he signed his first EO. (meaning they had no intention of ever offering him a chance to do good things)

Trump didn't even try to work with the GOP. Constant insults even during his campaign. Not a great way to foster support.

He has the support of the American people, who of whoch the GOP work for. The American people feel both parties are incompetent. He can say and do whatever he wants to both political parties and Americans will overwhelmingly approve. After all, WE'RE THE BOSSES, right?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

I doubt that will even happen. Trump hasn't even tackled the imminent domain issues yet, and many that live directly along the border don't want to give up their property so that the federal government can build a giant, imposing wall on it.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Since when has that ever been an issue ?

Trump haters thinks it grew on trees.

Trump haters pay people NOT to work.

Trump haters spent over 1 trillion dollars to make people 'smart'.

And yall are crying about WALLS ?

Trump haters a diverse crowd. Many of them in the center who see him as childish.

Personally I think he made the party petty and childish much like the left's use of college students.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

He has the support of the American people

No he doesn't. He has the support of his base, which is about 30 - 35% of the country. Everyone else is deeply opposed to Trump.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yep, and nobody is allowed to change their ideas as time progresses and situations change

You mean like saying Mexico is going to pay for the wall and when that fails beg the Mexican president to at least stop talking about it. Then....threatening to shut down the government if congress won't give you the money for a stupid wall that you promised the Mexicans were going to pay for?
That kind of mind changing due to things like oh I don't know...reality maybe?
Everybody but he and his base it seems knew that there was no way that Mexico was EVER going to pay for a wall.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: whargoul

I thought so, but the way you responded made me unsure.

link   
a reply to: luthier

So are WHITE people.

But the purveyors of white supremacist don't have a problem lumping all those people in to a single group.
edit on 28-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I doubt it's 30 percent of the country. Probably 30 percent of the Republican voter base.

link   

a reply to: Wayfarer

I doubt that will even happen. Trump hasn't even tackled the imminent domain issues yet, and many that live directly along the border don't want to give up their property so that the federal government can build a giant, imposing wall on it.

You are assuming Trump Supporters are willing to eat crow and backtrack on their hero. For many of them saving face is more important than keeping their property or maintaining its value. I think we are going to be surprised how few of them are going to raise a stink over it. Remember the fear of illegals crossing the border by the trillions will keep them in check.

link   

He has the support of the American people

No he doesn't. He has the support of his base, which is about 30 - 35% of the country. Everyone else is deeply opposed to Trump.
He has the support of the American people. You people said that during the elections as well.
Nothing you people say and qoute involving numbers is no longer valid. Huge credibility downgrade if you remember. Lets avoid another meltdown.
edit on 28-8-2017 by Arnie123 because: heh

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Just saw him on tv. He seems to be handling this as best as anyone could.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join