It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well it looks like Harvey just ended Trump's wall

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Arnie123

I think it starts with new lobbying rules. Until then it's all a joke. On us
Okay, but he did enact a lobbying ban, right?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Resilient is the only adjective I'll agree with you on, because it certainly takes a resilient person to screw things up as royally as Trump has and still think he is doing a good job. Also, expecting the President to sign some sort of signature legislation in his first year isn't having too high expectations. It's normal expectations.

And nuance is ALWAYS important. To pretend it isn't is just dumb. When you don't adhere to nuance that is how you end up stepping in # and making things worse for yourself.

link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

a reply to: MOMof3

We will see, thats kinda the point of the big men in offices. If I were to make that kind of decision, I'll be President and not sitting here.

It's very simple.

Budget hasn't been balanced for decades. Debt ceiling gets raised every year..loss of revanu equals debt.

Don't be fooled by arm waving
...and that is why we have someone willingly to take that head on, again, lets not male assumptions until we have more time with this President, again, the prior ones did nothing, of which resulted in your thinking on the issue.

I've had 8 months with Trump and literally every one of his actions demonstrates him to be literally the worst man to be selected for the job he is undertaking. I imagine that budget renegotiations and wall funding are going to go the same way because I have yet to see Trump demonstrate an iota of political competence. He thinks nuance isn't important in a world where nuance is everything

I have as well and these eight months have shown a responsive and resilient President, looking for progress, so much that McConnell straight up said we can only move so quick, your expectations are too high. WOW.
Nuance isn't important as people think it is, thats just more PC crap. If that was the case, Donald wouldn't have gotten elected.

Dude it moves slow for a reason. Next time a Bernie gets in you want him to go to town overnight?

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Illegal Immigrants coming across the Mexico-US border are down 57% WITHOUT the wall. Many who are here, are returning home, and fleeing to Canada. Laws and enforcement can reduce the illegal immigration problem even further. Trump Wall is not required, IMO. There are better places to spend the $$$$ here at home.

link   

No he enacted less of one on his cabinet than any other president.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

We will see, thats kinda the point of the big men in offices. If I were to make that kind of decision, I'll be President and not sitting here.

It's very simple.

Budget hasn't been balanced for decades. Debt ceiling gets raised every year..loss of revanu equals debt.

...and that is why we have someone willingly to take that head on, again, lets not male assumptions until we have more time with this President, again, the prior ones did nothing, of which resulted in your thinking on the issue.

I think you just don't get how it works. Congress isn't suddenly going to be filled with great ideas. They spend most of their day as fundraisers.

You can not make revanu cuts on speculation. In the history of the US it doesn't work. JFK was the last guy to do it on a relative supply side.

Cutting taxes never ever does what they hope and speculate on. It's a terrible way to run the economy.

You balance the budget for a couple years and then make the cuts. Not vice versa or its a gimmick.
You're right, but at the very least, A START. Thats all that is needed, a simple start. Beaucracy is slow and bloated, thats the problem. I feel this Presidency is the jolt needed for that wake up call, its certainly doing it part with exposure on many other different issues.

Perhaps thats all that is needed, a spotlight.

If Trump can't even put together a cohesive cabinet and fill other important government positions; where is the Jolt coming from. He can continue to campaign and rant and rave to his supporters but without support from the GOP and a feww democrats, trump can't do Jack.

You are correct about one thing...Trump loves the spotlight!! His Texas visit should be a great photo op for a do nothing president.
edit on 28-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Yes he enacted a lobbying ban, then he immediately ignored it and allowed quite a few lobbyists waivers and backdoors around that policy.

On Wednesday, after weeks of prodding, the administration released waivers it had granted to White House staff members to let them violate the rule. The waivers — for at least 16 staff members — are further evidence of the White House’s disregard, even contempt, for good government.

Ideally, waivers are granted when an appointee has unusual skills, like a lawyer with expertise in offshore banking rules needed for tax law enforcement. The Obama administration also granted waivers for industry lobbyists, and had to be prodded to release them as they were filed.

But in just four months, the Trump administration has granted to White House staff members about a quarter of the number granted by the Obama administration to the whole executive branch in eight years. Mr. Trump’s waivers include one giving blanket coverage on one issue to the Executive Office of the President.

Source

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

It's also standard procedure to enact this ban. Just nobody has used it for propaganda until him.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Illegal Immigrants coming across the Mexico-US border are down 57% WITHOUT the wall. Many who are here, are returning home, and fleeing to Canada. Laws and enforcement can reduce the illegal immigration problem even further. Trump Wall is not required, IMO. There are better places to spend the $$$$ here at home.

Right. The illegal immigration issue is all one big red herring and a right wing distraction. The real issue isn't even Mexico anymore.
Staggering number of visa overstays now biggest problem in illegal immigration
Asians Now Outpace Mexicans In Terms of Undocumented Growth
edit on 28-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

It's very simple.

I've had 8 months with Trump and literally every one of his actions demonstrates him to be literally the worst man to be selected for the job he is undertaking. I imagine that budget renegotiations and wall funding are going to go the same way because I have yet to see Trump demonstrate an iota of political competence. He thinks nuance isn't important in a world where nuance is everything

I have as well and these eight months have shown a responsive and resilient President, looking for progress, so much that McConnell straight up said we can only move so quick, your expectations are too high. WOW.
Nuance isn't important as people think it is, thats just more PC crap. If that was the case, Donald wouldn't have gotten elected.

Dude it moves slow for a reason. Next time a Bernie gets in you want him to go to town overnight?
Well, he'll have to make sure the DNC doesn't screw him first.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

The rate of increase under reagan was massive after carter. Obama just continued the Bush rampant expansion.

It should be noted that much of that expansion of debt was done to fix the economy that Bush left him, but that is always left out of the discussion whenever Obama's debt expansion numbers are brought up.

Bush did such a number on Obama, that it took him 8 years finally clear up the dept. (good thing he didn't add any to what was already there, amirite?)

The jury is still out on how long trump will whine about Obama and how u fair the media is to him.

The true snowflake president. Oh the media is so unfortunately poor me....lol.

If history is any guide, he will have 8 years to blame his predecessor. (although to be fair it was really like 7, he spent the last year gloating about how Trump would never be president.)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It's very simple.

I think you just don't get how it works. Congress isn't suddenly going to be filled with great ideas. They spend most of their day as fundraisers.

You can not make revanu cuts on speculation. In the history of the US it doesn't work. JFK was the last guy to do it on a relative supply side.

Cutting taxes never ever does what they hope and speculate on. It's a terrible way to run the economy.

You balance the budget for a couple years and then make the cuts. Not vice versa or its a gimmick.
You're right, but at the very least, A START. Thats all that is needed, a simple start. Beaucracy is slow and bloated, thats the problem. I feel this Presidency is the jolt needed for that wake up call, its certainly doing it part with exposure on many other different issues.

If Trump can't even put together a cohesive cabinet and fill other important government positions; where is the Jolt coming from. He can continue to campaign and rant and rave to his supporters but without support from the GOP and a feww democrats, trump can't do Jack.

You are correct about one thing...Trump loves the spotlight!! His Texas visit should be a great photo op for a do nothing president.
He IS the Jolt.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

You do know that you can't do anything in government by yourself right? He can "jolt" all he wants, but that means dick if no one goes along with him or he isolates himself from the rest of government with his divisive rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

The rate of increase under reagan was massive after carter. Obama just continued the Bush rampant expansion.

It should be noted that much of that expansion of debt was done to fix the economy that Bush left him, but that is always left out of the discussion whenever Obama's debt expansion numbers are brought up.

Bush did such a number on Obama, that it took him 8 years finally clear up the dept. (good thing he didn't add any to what was already there, amirite?)

The jury is still out on how long trump will whine about Obama and how u fair the media is to him.

The true snowflake president. Oh the media is so unfortunately poor me....lol.

If history is any guide, he will have 8 years to blame his predecessor. (although to be fair it was really like 7, he spent the last year gloating about how Trump would never be president.)

I would wager a bet he most likely barely makes it out of 4 if even.

Bit your right he is just your typical Washington scum with no ideas of obtainable substance. The outsider myth can be dispelled.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

It's very simple.

Well, he'll have to make sure the DNC doesn't screw him first.

The point is....checks and ballance. Hence why Trump the ceo hates the courts and Congress. But thank god for them.

link   

I assume it is equally true that a government that risks isolating itself from the people is also imperiled.

I think mid-terms and 2020 will be very interesting years for both sides.
edit on 28-8-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: olaru12

It's very simple.

He IS the Jolt.

I think it's spelled....Joke!

Now even his own family want distance from his administration. Jared and Ivanka are gone....
edit on 28-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I'm a 6th generation Texan... We will have this cleaned up by Christmas.

You mean the illegal aliens that actually work in the state will have to cleaned up.

The wall is going up come hell or high water [in Harvey's case]

Sure it is and it will be fun listening to people like you whine and cry when the government steals your land for the wall.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I assume it is equally true that a government that risks isolating itself from the people is at risk.

The fact the Democrats have no leadership for the left is a serious problem. When the biggest hopes are in their early thirties there is a gap.

The Republicans have leaders but most are morons and the couple that aren't are treated as outsiders.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

I assume it is equally true that a government that risks isolating itself from the people is also imperiled.

Well Trump is polling in the low-30's so I'm pretty sure that is quickly becoming less of a concern for Republican Congressmen. Plus, they are dodging and avoiding their local town halls because upset constituents have been yelling at them all year for supporting Trump's idiocy.

It certainly will be a referendum on Trump.
edit on 28-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join