It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well it looks like Harvey just ended Trump's wall

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: MOMof3

We will see, thats kinda the point of the big men in offices. If I were to make that kind of decision, I'll be President and not sitting here.

The rate of increase under reagan was massive after carter. Obama just continued the Bush rampant expansion.

It should be noted that much of that expansion of debt was done to fix the economy that Bush left him, but that is always left out of the discussion whenever Obama's debt expansion numbers are brought up.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

We will see, thats kinda the point of the big men in offices. If I were to make that kind of decision, I'll be President and not sitting here.

It's very simple.

Budget hasn't been balanced for decades. Debt ceiling gets raised every year..loss of revanu equals debt.

Don't be fooled by arm waving
...and that is why we have someone willingly to take that head on, again, lets not male assumptions until we have more time with this President, again, the prior ones did nothing, of which resulted in your thinking on the issue.

I think you just don't get how it works. Congress isn't suddenly going to be filled with great ideas. They spend most of their day as fundraisers.

You can not make revanu cuts on speculation. In the history of the US it doesn't work. JFK was the last guy to do it on a relative supply side.

Cutting taxes never ever does what they hope and speculate on. It's a terrible way to run the economy.

You balance the budget for a couple years and then make the cuts. Not vice versa or its a gimmick.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

The rate of increase under reagan was massive after carter. Obama just continued the Bush rampant expansion.

It should be noted that much of that expansion of debt was done to fix the economy that Bush left him, but that is always left out of the discussion whenever Obama's debt expansion numbers are brought up.

Partially agree since the wars were destructive but the economic planning has been heading for disaster without him.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Whether in the end Republicans in Congress support Trump's wall remains to be seen.

edit on 28-8-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

It's very simple.

Budget hasn't been balanced for decades. Debt ceiling gets raised every year..loss of revanu equals debt.

...and that is why we have someone willingly to take that head on, again, lets not male assumptions until we have more time with this President, again, the prior ones did nothing, of which resulted in your thinking on the issue.

I've had 8 months with Trump and literally every one of his actions demonstrates him to be literally the worst man to be selected for the job he is undertaking. I imagine that budget renegotiations and wall funding are going to go the same way because I have yet to see Trump demonstrate an iota of political competence. He thinks nuance isn't important in a world where nuance is everything

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

They already have said otherwise bit they could suddenly change their mind. Maybe after a few more personal attacks.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Partially agree since the wars were destructive but the economic planning has been heading for disaster without him.

Um... The bailout...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Well it looks like Harvey just ended Trump's wall

Why did it float away ?

For pete sake people never heard of a city called Venice,Italy ?

Humans built Islands now.

There is no obstacles to overcome with exception of Trump hate.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Sure but it was not his fault it was a bipartisan fck up. I would blame a democratic congress and home ownership loan changes for that. His solution is a typical keynesian solution. It would have been done by anybody.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

It's very simple.

I think you just don't get how it works. Congress isn't suddenly going to be filled with great ideas. They spend most of their day as fundraisers.

You can not make revanu cuts on speculation. In the history of the US it doesn't work. JFK was the last guy to do it on a relative supply side.

Cutting taxes never ever does what they hope and speculate on. It's a terrible way to run the economy.

You balance the budget for a couple years and then make the cuts. Not vice versa or its a gimmick.
You're right, but at the very least, A START. Thats all that is needed, a simple start. Beaucracy is slow and bloated, thats the problem. I feel this Presidency is the jolt needed for that wake up call, its certainly doing it part with exposure on many other different issues.

Perhaps thats all that is needed, a spotlight.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I'm just saying that much of that debt expansion was due to the bailout. It should also be noted that Bush's tax cuts were in effect up through part of Obama's Presidency and also contributed to that debt inflation. So in other words, blaming Obama solely for all that new debt is dishonest and not entirely the case.

link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I think it starts with new lobbying rules. Until then it's all a joke. On us

link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Really? Because Trump was very specific that the wall would be over 6 feet high, concrete, and uh... have solar panels that powered it. Sounds to me you are projecting your own wants onto Trump in lieu of his actual words.

Yep, and nobody is allowed to change their ideas as time progresses and situations change.

Opps, I forgot, if it's Trump, then if there are two ways to look at something, and one of them makes him look bad, you meant that one. Sorry.

I have hope that since Trump is having such success with controlling immigration, he might let his "wall" theory evolve into something different, like better surveillance and stronger penalties for those who break our immigration laws. But then, I'm not a smart liberal with nothing better to do than whine about Trump, and manufacture some way to act as if the flooding in Texas is more important to me, even though I authored this thread.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

a reply to: luthier

I'm just saying that much of that debt expansion was due to the bailout. It should also be noted that Bush's tax cuts were in effect up through part of Obama's Presidency and also contributed to that debt inflation. So in other words, blaming Obama solely for all that new debt is dishonest and not entirely the case.

Sure I never would. I blame congress. They are the ones with the power. Other than wars. Which a president can do fairly quickly these days.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
If anything, Harvey just ended Houston's Democrat Mayor.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Bush did such a number on Obama, that it took him 8 years finally clear up the dept. (good thing he didn't add any to what was already there, amirite?)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'm not a smart liberal with nothing better to do than whine about Trump, and manufacture some way to act as if the flooding in Texas is more important to me, even though I authored this thread.

Of course not. Your time is clearly better spent trolling people you disagree with and adding nothing to conversation.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

It's very simple.

I've had 8 months with Trump and literally every one of his actions demonstrates him to be literally the worst man to be selected for the job he is undertaking. I imagine that budget renegotiations and wall funding are going to go the same way because I have yet to see Trump demonstrate an iota of political competence. He thinks nuance isn't important in a world where nuance is everything

I have as well and these eight months have shown a responsive and resilient President, looking for progress, so much that McConnell straight up said we can only move so quick, your expectations are too high. WOW.
Nuance isn't important as people think it is, thats just more PC crap. If that was the case, Donald wouldn't have gotten elected.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Bush did such a number on Obama, that it took him 8 years finally clear up the dept. (good thing he didn't add any to what was already there, amirite?)

The jury is still out on how long trump will whine about Obama and how u fair the media is to him.

The true snowflake president. Oh the media is so unfortunately poor me....lol.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Case in point: The nonsense you wrote here proves you didn't bother to attempt to understand what I wrote.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join