It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well it looks like Harvey just ended Trump's wall

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Think again some are betting that the funding gets tacked on to other funding that will sail through> hallelujah!

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: buckfutwell

Who is "some"? You?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Did you even read what he wrote? He said that building the wall at $67 billion and rebuilding Houston (I saw a number for $70 billion) is not that expensive. In what world is that not expensive for a state or federal govt?

So much for fiscal conservatism? It seems to me that right wingers become bleeding heart liberals when it comes to Trump's policies.

Why don't we do this. Have the money go to where it's needed and rebuild Houston and we can have Trump pull himself up from his bootstraps and fund the wall himself with the money he is raising from selling his "USA #45" hats on his website going for $40 a pop. That makes much more sense than the nonsense being spewed by the right wing idiots on this board and Emperor Snowflake.

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

It's all relative man. 1 million dollars is a lot of money for one house but not 40.

The number is conditional to the system it's placed in.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
LOL!!! California logic is what I got. It's a hell of a lot better than the logic that some wall is going to keep mexicans out of the US and that Russia is our ally.

originally posted by: yuppa

California logic folks. California logic.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

For whatever its worth....locking my car door and keeping my keys in my pocket won't keep my car from being stolen. It'll just help deter it.

At the end of the day the federal government only has a few responsibilities. Defending our borders is one such responsibility. Meanwhile, providing for healthcare and charity is not.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Well sure 10 dollars is too much on a wall. It's a dumb idea. Just clamp down on employers and use the number of Mexicans hired like grams of heroine with jail time and asset confiscation. The more you have the more fine and jail you get.

Probably 3/4 would go home.

Not that I think that makes sense either bit if they wanted to do something without a pathway it would work. The economy would suffer but...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

They can do it with military surveillance and job verification. A wall also keeps you in. Like east Germany. The next phase you can't send money out because Mexicans do.

The reality of trumps plan is since he hasn't expanded the courts he will need to start building prisons for them as well as the number of deportations is declining do the enforcement logjamming.

Simple door lock concepts don't cover this reality at all.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Im not going to argue any of that.

His roll back of private prisons sickens me. I think we should probably have about 1/10th the prison capacity that we have, maybe less. But in no way should people profit from the loss of liberty that another man suffers. Its an evil beyond tyranny.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Sorry didn't mean to come off harsh but I am so Pissed employers are not the focus. Those are the real cheaters. When I got to Austin in 99 they were sending flyers to Mexico and everything.

edit on 30-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
The difference between New Orleans and Houston is that Houston won't be winning a SuperBowl anytime soon.

I'll see myself out.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join