It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well it looks like Harvey just ended Trump's wall

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I cannot accept the "two wrongs make it right" mindset. It is either wrong, or it is not.

Something people tend to forget: its not all left vs right. There are those of us in the middle who (rightfully so) think they have both lost their minds and spend more time trying to lie to themselves just for the sake of being different.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Hey i like my place on the the fence too, but facts is facts.

The truth is some people have the blinders on and can't see the broader spectrum, everyone should vote with their brains, not with their heart. Give credit when credit is due and base your opinions on policy, I can't stand Hillary or Trump but my opinions of the leaders does not reflect my opinions of the parties themselves, many members are honest people that have had their reputations tarnished by those in the highest echelon who do dishonest deeds.

Einsenhower and Kennedy are leaders to be revered on both sides, not for the bang your head against the wall media whoring but rather for their stoicism and grey matter.

edit on 29-8-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The wall was / is a moronic idea, Mexico still isn't paying for it, the government is not about to shut down because of it, and he hasn't done squat with it so far, other than talk-talk-talk.

he had a no win situation, as with most things he wants to do.

Then perhaps he should stop suggesting to do incredibly stupid, ill-thought out things? Doesn't matter.. you like many were utterly fooled by his blather during his campaign. Is the wall being built? Of course not. Are we pulling out of the middle east and getting out of wars? Nope, doing just the opposite, and sending more U.S. troops into Afghanistan. Did he carry through with his guaranteed plan to defeat ISIS in 30 days? Hahahaa.. nope.

But.. all these things, of course are not HIS fault. Because he is the next Messiah or something. Unable to make a mistake.. the perfect man.

*gag*

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit
The wall was / is a moronic idea, Mexico still isn't paying for it, the government is not about to shut down because of it, and he hasn't done squat with it so far, other than talk-talk-talk.

he had a no win situation, as with most things he wants to do.

Then perhaps he should stop suggesting to do incredibly stupid, ill-thought out things? Doesn't matter.. you like many were utterly fooled by his blather during his campaign. Is the wall being built? Of course not. Are we pulling out of the middle east and getting out of wars? Nope, doing just the opposite, and sending more U.S. troops into Afghanistan. Did he carry through with his guaranteed plan to defeat ISIS in 30 days? Hahahaa.. nope.

But.. all these things, of course are not HIS fault. Because he is the next Messiah or something. Unable to make a mistake.. the perfect man.

*gag*

Exactly.

People fall for it with stars in there eyes. Like when Sarah Palin says Ronald Reagan.

Next up budget increases and tax cuts. Always a great debt formula. Cut your revanu when you know every year your over budget.

How about send 1000 IRS vans out and pop all the business owners hirimg over 5 mexicans (we can treat it likw grams of illegal drugs th more you have the bigger the fine)and take there assets like they do labor and see how fast the self deportation happens. My guess is its not meant to be fixed and it would jolt many of the staple markets like housing and agriculture.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

NPR... part of the democratic party. of course.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Isn't playing politics with these victims the entire point of the OP?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

lol

The wall was / is a moronic idea

Why?

the government is not about to shut down because of it

How many times does trump need to make good on his promises before you guys realize he's not playing anyone?

you like many were utterly fooled by his blather during his campaign.

He's made great progress on his campaign promises, not sure why you think people were fooled.

Is the wall being built?

Well, yes, the prototypes will begin their building in the next month or two (they were supposed to start in july but a couple companies that didn't secure contracts sued so they're sorting that out). Congress already gave him money to start these prototypes and even some construction on the wall, so that's sorted away. The next budget fight will be funding for the rest of the wall.

Are we pulling out of the middle east and getting out of wars?

Are the wars getting better or worse? But this is the one promise he's not kept and I can see why he hasn't kept it, yet. In the end he will keep it, but things like wars aren't always as easy as a simple talking point. Ask Obama or Bush or Clinton.

Did he carry through with his guaranteed plan to defeat ISIS in 30 days

That wasn't what he said. He said he would give his generals 30 days to come up with a plan to defeat ISIS. And since January ISIS geographical influence is down something like 40%. To quote obama, "they're on the run."

But.. all these things, of course are not HIS fault

Wait are you blaming him for you being misinformed?

Because he is the next Messiah or something. Unable to make a mistake.. the perfect man.

LOL, very few trump supporters believe that (I'm sure there are some crazies out there that do), all your statement shows is your ability to group millions of people in with a fringe few to satisfy your biases.
edit on 29-8-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Hurricane Harvey is god's way of telling Trump to STFU.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

So to punish Donald Trump, God had the hurricane devastate a city that Hillary won by >10%?

Okay...
edit on 29-8-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Ummm, this thread was about the stupid F'ing wall.....

originally posted by: Dfairlite

So to punish Donald Trump, God had the hurricane devastate a city that Hillary won by >10%?

Okay...

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:49 PM
link   

And what does your statement have to do with the wall?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Put two and two together. Here's a hint for the slow, there's only so much money available and its going to Houston.

And what does your statement have to do with the wall?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

There's more than enough money to fund both. The wall isn't that expensive and there are dozens of ways to fund it. There are many ways to fund Harvey too.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It would cost at least $67 billion to build the stupid wall. What world do you live in where $67 billion is not that expensive? Just STFU while you are head. Idiot.

There's more than enough money to fund both. The wall isn't that expensive and there are dozens of ways to fund it. There are many ways to fund Harvey too.

edit on 30-8-2017 by SeekingAlpha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Lol that really set you off, why?

would cost at least $67 billion to build the stupid wall.

Well, being that the debt has been cut by $100 billion since Trump took over on January 20th, I guess we can fund the wall and still be head by $33 billion.

What world do you live in where $67 billion is not that expensive?

First, most estimates put the wall around $25-30 billion. You're looking at the highest estimates for your 67 billion figure, lay off the left wing talking points. What does Trump say all of the time: "Complete it early and under budget"?

Second, I live in the world where last years tax receipts were more than $3,300,000,000,000 (that's 3.3 trillion). $67 billion is literally 2% of the income. The more likely $25 billion figure is 0.75% of the taxes collected.

Third, not all of the funding has to happen in this budget. The wall is going to take about three years to build so if we divide it evenly among the three years we only need $8.5 billion this year, which is 0.25% of the tax receipts from last year.

Fourth, we are bringing in more tax revenue this year than last year. I haven't looked but I bet it's by more than enough to fund the wall.

Bonus: If this were the average household budget the wall would cost ~$140.

Just STFU while you are head. Idiot.

Maybe look in the mirror and repeat this to yourself a few times.
edit on 30-8-2017 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Almost sounds like you're happy about the storm and the chaos, death and destruction it brings cause it thwarts Trump. I'm probably wrong though cause that would make you a d**khead

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I laugh at the fact that you just double downed on stupidity. Seriously, did it tall all night for you to come up with your numbers?

There are countries that don't have a GDP of $60 billion and you want to argue with me that it is not a lot of money. Get an education, son!

Lol that really set you off, why?

would cost at least $67 billion to build the stupid wall.

Well, being that the debt has been cut by $100 billion since Trump took over on January 20th, I guess we can fund the wall and still be head by $33 billion.

What world do you live in where $67 billion is not that expensive?

First, most estimates put the wall around $25-30 billion. You're looking at the highest estimates for your 67 billion figure, lay off the left wing talking points. What does Trump say all of the time: "Complete it early and under budget"?

Second, I live in the world where last years tax receipts were more than $3,300,000,000,000 (that's 3.3 trillion). $67 billion is literally 2% of the income. The more likely $25 billion figure is 0.75% of the taxes collected.

Third, not all of the funding has to happen in this budget. The wall is going to take about three years to build so if we divide it evenly among the three years we only need $8.5 billion this year, which is 0.25% of the tax receipts from last year.

Fourth, we are bringing in more tax revenue this year than last year. I haven't looked but I bet it's by more than enough to fund the wall.

Bonus: If this were the average household budget the wall would cost ~$140.

Just STFU while you are head. Idiot.

Maybe look in the mirror and repeat this to yourself a few times.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

It's all relative man. 1 million dollars is a lot of money for one house but not 40.

The number is conditional to the system it's placed in.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Yeah you really have a way with words. LOL

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

California logic folks. California logic.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join