It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well it looks like Harvey just ended Trump's wall

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

You can't just pay for everything.

^^This. This right here is your whole point in a nutshell. Simple and eloquent. On the other hand, Obama giving billions to Iran when we can't pay for everything.........giving 1/5 of our foreign aid budget to Israel when we can't pay for everything........the massive DoD pig trough they all feed off of.....there's always money for that, sadly enough.

This, I can agree with.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

This thread isn't about Obama and the spending habits of the government during his Presidency. Way to deflect though.

PS: We didn't GIVE any money to Iran. It was their's to begin with...
edit on 28-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Insurance bro, most if not all of the houses and businesses on the coast have insurance. The beaches and businesses will be the first to be rebuilt and asap because of the coastal tourism. Just watch.

If you don't have insurance then ya, fema is going to drag their ass getting you money to rebuild.

Yall act like this is our first hurricane. Rita, Hermine etc. Cmon.. "this ain't our first rodeo."

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: luthier

It's also a way to get your constituents tax money back to their community.

I would rather see that money stay in the state and limit the size and breath of the feds... I'm all for big foot print state small foot print fed. In the end it still is what makes it hard...

I would rather my rep works in reality rather than the magic idealistic world I want.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard

Insurance bro, most if not all of the houses and businesses on the coast have insurance. The beaches and businesses will be the first to be rebuilt and asap because of the coastal tourism. Just watch.

Again. I said that parts of Texas will be back up. New Orleans tourism was back up within a year after Katrina. That still doesn't mean that everything will be fixed and functional by then.

If you don't have insurance then ya, fema is going to drag their ass getting you money to rebuild.

Well if All State pulls another stunt like they did in Katrina where they determined all that storm damage was flood damage, then even having insurance won't matter.

Yall act like this is our first hurricane. Rita, Hermine etc. Cmon.. "this ain't our first rodeo."

You're right. I still remember the Katrina response and this storm hit in the same area.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus

Go to any construction site in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Colorado, etc., and they are all Mexicans. Many illegal, although some have scored a green card via their bosses who broke the law to hire them, then vouches for them to immigration and pays for the green card fees, plus the penalty for being here illegally. I used to work for Homeland Security in immigration, issuing green cards and work visas (H1B and H1B1).

Some are excellent. Some are underpaid and are terrible at what they do, so when you buy a new house, the light switches are put in backwards, the welding on the copper piping for plumbing breaks, and the roofing is iffy. These are things the building inspector cannot always find out about, the one that buys the house does....This happened to me in Texas, TWICE....had to get the contractor to pay for the disasters each time.

However.....the roofers.....I have seen them work in 107 degree heat with high humidity. They keep going until they drop or start vomiting. It's pretty sad. I blame their employers, because, legal or not, those are some dreadfully harsh working conditions for any human being.

I knew a lot of Mennonites in west Texas, their work is stellar, whether it is carpentry, cabinetry, building furniture, windows, or even the women who come in dresses and their little black caps and do what they call a 'deep cleaning'.....they're NOT kidding. Their floors are clean enough to do surgery on.

Just a few observations. Most of those Mennonites come from Mexico (they are no respecters of borders) but have kept their German roots of perfectionism down through the generations.

As much as I admire their work ethic.......our borders are way too porous for national security purposes.

Now imagine if the politicians and employers were the focus instead of the labor..

If they were punished nobody would come, they couldn't get a job and they wouldn't get welfare to subsidize the profits of the boarder states industries like construction.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
They just need to defund the War on Drugs, ramp up border inspections and seziures the big money side of the cartels, in one year abouts could pay for the whole thing and baby formula.
edit on 28-8-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I used to drive through Abilene on the way to new Mexico and there were meat processing plants and ranches with literally hundreds maybe thousands of illegals in one facility.

I would think you could roll up with the irs and start busting the businesses very easily. Seize their assets when they have over a certain amount of Mexicans (like grams for drugs) boom more money. The competition not cheating will get a boost in sales.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
They just need to defund the War on Drugs, ramp up border inspections and seziures the big money side of the cartels, in one year abouts could pay for the whole thing and baby formula.

Indeed you're right. President Trump just stated in a news conference that Mexico will pay for the wall one way or the other.

I don't think we have to have the wall, but I'd be a fool to bet against President Trump. He usually gets what he wants.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
No, what I find repulsive is people who make jokes about turning women in to sex slaves. Just like you did.

You also state that the left turns a blind eye to human trafficking. Who teaches you such hogwash.

And finally you asked me to speak for the left. The left, as if it is a monolithic believe system. It is not, just like conservatism is not monolithic. And I speak only for myself I do not speak for the left or the right . I, myself find your statements in that post repulsive. Care to address that?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I don't think we have to have the wall, but I'd be a fool to bet against President Trump. He usually gets what he wants.

Here's a list of things he didn't get.

Getting tired of winning yet?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

The only main stream media outlet for conservative news is Fox. By this i mean, turn on the TV and find another channel with viewpoints that are not just a copy paste from one channel to the next. Even ESPN, which isn't a news outlet, has become liberal media by devoting significant airtime to political issues.

There are questionable credibility websites, and there are blowhard editorialists like Rush on the radio. There are also some print publications that are much more credible (when compared to morons like Rush).

Don't get me wrong...i would rather news not be seen as partisan. To do this is admitting that it isn't truthful news, and instead is bent towards confirmation bias. Im only pointing out that the overwhelming majority of what passes for news in the US editorializes their news with a very heavy liberal slant.

RE: the racism thing....the media is unanimous is the spectrum of belief spans from "he's a racist" to "is Donald Trump a racist?". Meanwhile, its all a tempest in a teacup drummed up based on what he didn't say during a speech. It ignores his entire life that shows that he doesn't care about race, and instead will take advantage of anyone regardless. He is an equal opportunity asshole. The whole race discussion is nothing more than the democratic party trotting out their old tried and true from the Obama years. Except now they are painting anyone who would not condemn Trump as a racist, too.

And their lapdog, the 95% of media that isn't conservative, is working right along side them to spread these lies.

RE: Russia...its always developing, and always escalating. LOL And now its September.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I wanted to post this separately:

You fix all of this by reinstating Smith Mundt. We allowed our government to vote itself the legal right to lie to us, and to use media to do it.

Their newest weapon in the era of information wars is Argumentum ad populum

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: network dude

The only thing I'm shedding tears over currently is the poor people struggling to get their lives back in order over the weekend.

Didn't stop you using those people's struggles to take a pop at your President, though.

As it happens, Harvey leaves Democrats with no cards to play. If they act as a block to obstruct and force a govt shutdown it will be them that shuts off resources and aid to Texas.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

So a storm allowing Trump to avoid the wall battle is a "win" for him? I'm not sure you and I have the same definition of "win".

Not sure how anyone "wins" with a disaster like Harvey.
The wind tunnel testing of the little blue shed in Rockport might teach us a little about building walls..

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Sure now when his mob base gets riled about him not building the wall he can blame the weather.

But the weather is a Chinese Hoax...so technically trump can blame the Chinese for his wall not getting built.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Relevant Sidenote:

Just two weeks ago:
Trump to roll back Obama-era rule on rising sea levels
“Eliminating this requirement is self-defeating - we can either build smarter now, or put taxpayers on the hook to pay exponentially more when it floods. And it will."

"Obama’s order required federally-funded projects to be two feet above the 100-year floodplain. Hospitals and other critical buildings must be three feet above the historic floodplain.

The Obama administration also issued a rule requiring federally-financed single family homes must be built two feet above the 100-year floodplain. "

"“Taxpayers have been made to shell out hundreds of billions of dollars in disaster-related spending over the past decade, including more than $136 billion for just the two years from 2011 to 2013,” senior fellow R.J. Lehmann said in a statement.

“By contrast, evidence shows that every $1 spent on disaster mitigation can save $4 in post-disaster recovery and rebuilding costs,” Lehmann said.

dailycaller.com...

thehill.com...

Trump rescinded this EO two weeks ago.

So the taxpayer will be financing the rebuilding in TX..over and over...cuz according to cheeto ..floods are a Chinese Hoax.

edit on 28-8-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

The only thing I'm shedding tears over currently is the poor people struggling to get their lives back in order over the weekend.

As it happens, Harvey leaves Democrats with no cards to play. If they act as a block to obstruct and force a govt shutdown it will be them that shuts off resources and aid to Texas.

How does someone "act" as a block? Is that like the guy on TV "acting" like a doctor?

The Dems can't block and force a government shutdown???

The GOP have the WH, Senate and Congress...Historic Unilateral power!...
Impossible to blame Dems for the unrelenting circus that is the GOP.
If they fail to get it done it is their own fault.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: soberbacchus

How does someone "act" as a block? Is that like the guy on TV "acting" like a doctor?

Perhaps for those of you who still think we have a 2 party system, but for many of us we see em all working for the same team. Globalism!

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

originally posted by: soberbacchus

Perhaps for those of you who still think we have a 2 party system, but for many of us we see em all working for the same team. Globalism!

That is not what the post I responded to was saying..

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join