It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well it looks like Harvey just ended Trump's wall

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Well you don't have to post here if you find it distasteful. I'm not twisting your arm or anything.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: frugal

Mexican roofers are total $hit. A total waste of money. Hire an Amish team of people and pay for quality that lasts. I am really picky about who I hire to work on my house and rental properties. A job done correctly is worth it.

I disagree to a point. I seen some really really good Mexican workers. Concrete, drywall comes to mind..seen masters in those fields. I would also say that there is no one in America that can out pick the pickers from south of the border...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I call BS. Or he would have started raiding employers and not put Rick perry in office.

Nobody want to fix it it's an illusion you apparently buy even though the only evidence you have is BS from a politicians mouth.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Um... What? This isn't true. Fox News and various other conservative outlets have nothing but nice things to say about him. It's actually amusing to turn people like Tucker Carlson or Sean Hannity on to see how they are going to spin Trump's latest snafu to be a good thing. Hell Steve Bannon has literally said that he is going to go back to Breitbart to continue pushing the Trump agenda. Please STOP pretending like the liberal media = all media. It is very dishonest and not true anymore.

There is only 1 "conservative" news channel....Fox. The rest is liberal media. So it is 'all media" effectively. That said, i don't watch any of it, so can't speak to specifics. But I do remember the stats for negative trump stories not looking much better at Fox during the election season.

Fox, like all media, is controlled by its advertisers. So there's that.

First off. The media isn't just making stuff up about him. Many times they are reporting on Trump's actual words. Sometimes they editorialize and guess on a situation. Well with guessing a lot of times you are wrong, but if you understand that is a guess then you know that isn't fake news but just an opinion of things to come. In any case, the media has gotten a LOT more investigative under Trump and you should be happy for that. That's their job.

To say that Trump is supporting racism is a blatant lie. No matter how you try to paint those stripes, its still a horse and not a zebra.

The Russian collusion thing...another blatant lie (which has fallen apart, replaced by the racism thing). The entire race issue in the US today is 100% manufactured by the media while trying to paint Trump as a nazi.

You will never get me to agree to anything positive about our media. Fair warning.

Well you try balancing the budget. #'s difficult. That's why Congress deploys the tried and true method of kicking the can down the road. It's not so much a good thing, but its just reality. But if you want the budget balanced then surely you can see my point from this thread that emergency funds for Texas are going to have to offset any funds for the wall. Lest you agree to expand the debt more.

I know its difficult. A main reason why is because none of them even understand what the hell they are doing. I have quite a bit of experience creating and executing large budgets. I know its difficult. I spend as much time running through checks and filters to catch GL coding errors as I do making GL entries.

But i am not accepting "its hard" as an excuse for constant, annual failure. Not until we can get a full audit to see the scope of their failures, and try to create mitigating steps to stop those failures.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Hence why employers need to be the focus. Duh

You ever try to dig under a wall, understand how long it takes and how short a life spend for use it has? If that was what they needed to do then the wall is doing it's gob well. Like I said, just like a locked door it keeps out the majority that would go though a unlocked door, but there are people who will still put great effort to go though a locked door. This doesn't take away the value of a locked door.

You are 100% correct that focus on employers (ie.e fat fines) is another important people of that pie.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Hey why not throw in some revanu tax cuts and raise the budget?

How did this become a conservative idea?

Another gimmick we will face with the tax code revamp failure about t happen for 6 months.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Nobody want to fix it it's an illusion you apparently buy even though the only evidence you have is BS from a politicians mouth.

Could be all BS but unlike many of you I will let it play out then make my decision.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
There is only 1 "conservative" news channel....Fox. The rest is liberal media. So it is 'all media" effectively. That said, i don't watch any of it, so can't speak to specifics. But I do remember the stats for negative trump stories not looking much better at Fox during the election season.

Fox, like all media, is controlled by its advertisers. So there's that.

Come on man. Don't be that guy. You know as well as I do that conservative media extends to outlets beyond just Fox News. There is talk radio and a slew of internet blogs and news aggregation sites and online news outlets too.

To say that Trump is supporting racism is a blatant lie. No matter how you try to paint those stripes, its still a horse and not a zebra.

The media isn't unanimous about that opinion though. Some say he is a racist (usually in blogs or editorals) and others say they they aren't sure. If you happen to read a slew of different sources you'd see that.

The Russian collusion thing...another blatant lie (which has fallen apart, replaced by the racism thing). The entire race issue in the US today is 100% manufactured by the media while trying to paint Trump as a nazi.

This isn't a lie and it isn't falling apart. The investigation continues and escalates constantly.

You will never get me to agree to anything positive about our media. Fair warning.

Then how about calling out conservative media for being Trump's sycophants?

I know its difficult. A main reason why is because none of them even understand what the hell they are doing. I have quite a bit of experience creating and executing large budgets. I know its difficult. I spend as much time running through checks and filters to catch GL coding errors as I do making GL entries.

But i am not accepting "its hard" as an excuse for constant, annual failure. Not until we can get a full audit to see the scope of their failures, and try to create mitigating steps to stop those failures.

Well a wall certainly isn't going to help things.
edit on 28-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t
I'm surprised you're even able to keep up with this thread, being as you're "doing you" (ewww) and you even posted the appointment reminder about giving blood. Narcissistic much?

I find this whole subject of a big disaster and Trump's wall to be two completely different things. There will be some bottom-feeding dems who may use one to deny the other, but that's to be expected.

link   

No it doesn't work. What does work is not being able to get a job.

It's a scam. Get used to it, cry about it, but it's a power far greater than Donald Trump.

There will be no actual immigration reform until both sides agree. Other wise it will just be dismantled even it if manages to pass.

By the way there are at least a dozen republicans not on board with a wall and some are already writing bills to control it in the budget. Republicans. Not democrats.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

This is why it is hard...

Pork barrel is a metaphor for the appropriation of government spending for localized projects secured solely or primarily to bring money to a representative's district.

If this was eliminated, or greatly reduce then it would be much easier, but then everyone of them is fighting for that something special in their district to get re-elected.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Well you don't have to post here if you find it distasteful. I'm not twisting your arm or anything.

You're not strong enough, not by a long sh0t.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Doing me is a slang term... But any case what's so hard about clicking on the messages received button at the top of the screen and responding to the different responses in the inbox?

I find this whole subject of a big disaster and Trump's wall to be two completely different things. There will be some bottom-feeding dems who may use one to deny the other, but that's to be expected.

Well unfortunately for you the money for both is tax money and one will probably have to offset the other. It's called choices. You can't just pay for everything.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You're not strong enough, not by a long sh0t.

Speaking of narcissism...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

This is why it is hard...

Pork barrel is a metaphor for the appropriation of government spending for localized projects secured solely or primarily to bring money to a representative's district.

If this was eliminated, or greatly reduce then it would be much easier, but then everyone of them is fighting for that something special in their district to get re-elected.

It's also a way to get your constituents tax money back to their community.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone
I'm a 6th generation Texan...

We will have this cleaned up by Christmas...

Everyone on my street has kin affected..

The wall is going up come hell or high water [in Harvey's case]

-Chris

This needs to be repeated. What folks fail to do realize is that Texas is a big state with alot of people with a lot of love for each other and our fellow Texans. If you're a Texan, you're family. We always help family in trouble. I wish other states had the same sense of togetherness Texas does. We are Texans... It'll take more than a cat 4 hurricane to take us down.

I wish I had the pics on hand showing blacks /Whites /Mexicans.. Hell.. TEXANS coming together help each year out through this event. Truly inspiring.

By Christmas things will be getting back to normal, by next spring the beaches will be booming.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

The average wage in the bigger cities is $11 per hr.

A 2 bd house rents for around 1200. Send them here, but they better come with money. Welfare in Idaho is very inefficient. Maybe some Texans would like it here.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard

Don't count on it:
Federal government plans years-long recovery effort in states hit by Harvey
I'm sure most of the state will be back up and running, but don't count on all the places hit hardest by the storm to be up by Christmas.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

It's also a way to get your constituents tax money back to their community.

I would rather see that money stay in the state and limit the size and breath of the feds... I'm all for big foot print state small foot print fed. In the end it still is what makes it hard...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Go to any construction site in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Colorado, etc., and they are all Mexicans. Many illegal, although some have scored a green card via their bosses who broke the law to hire them, then vouches for them to immigration and pays for the green card fees, plus the penalty for being here illegally. I used to work for Homeland Security in immigration, issuing green cards and work visas (H1B and H1B1).

Some are excellent. Some are underpaid and are terrible at what they do, so when you buy a new house, the light switches are put in backwards, the welding on the copper piping for plumbing breaks, and the roofing is iffy. These are things the building inspector cannot always find out about, the one that buys the house does....This happened to me in Texas, TWICE....had to get the contractor to pay for the disasters each time.

However.....the roofers.....I have seen them work in 107 degree heat with high humidity. They keep going until they drop or start vomiting. It's pretty sad. I blame their employers, because, legal or not, those are some dreadfully harsh working conditions for any human being.

I knew a lot of Mennonites in west Texas, their work is stellar, whether it is carpentry, cabinetry, building furniture, windows, or even the women who come in dresses and their little black caps and do what they call a 'deep cleaning'.....they're NOT kidding. Their floors are clean enough to do surgery on.

Just a few observations. Most of those Mennonites come from Mexico (they are no respecters of borders) but have kept their German roots of perfectionism down through the generations.

As much as I admire their work ethic.......our borders are way too porous for national security purposes.

edit on 28-8-2017 by FissionSurplus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join