It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well it looks like Harvey just ended Trump's wall

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Clearly you aren't aware that FEMA relief and that wall cost tax money. Money that needs to come from somewhere. Also, posting last month's FEMA budget report is irrelevant because Congress will be granting them emergency funds in the coming days (if it hasn't been done yet today). You'd know this is you had bothered to read my source in the OP.

Clearly you don't know much yourself. Of course it's all tax money. Do you assume that I thought it would come out of thin air? Emergency funds, yeah, those do come up. If Congress wants to be the useless body of morons that they currently are, they may compare apples to oranges and claim that there's no more money for the wall because they helped Texas.

Actually, money in the US CAN come out of thin air, simply by adding a few zeros on a computer. However, that wasn't my point.

But you did bust me, I only went so far in your OP because of the tone of it, the standard political left vs. right that has been beaten to dust like a dead horse, using this horrific tragedy as an excuse.

I wanted to make the point that Texas is a GREAT state because of the people. I wish them all the best in this disaster. How nice of you to gloat about something so sad to make a political point.

link   
a reply to: frugal

I lived near the boarder and think it's stupid.

Why? Because the politicians all knew what was going on and let it happen. It's a gimmick. If they want boarder control make e verify mandatory. You would see an instant change.

In your produce and c9 structure costs as well. About 30 percent of all roofers in the us are illegal for instance. Some parts of Texas it's 90 percent.

link   

originally posted by: luthier

The wall will olny take away from the law enforcement budget. It also won't pass so no worries.

You do not know this, and I highly doubt it....

You are also missing one key point here is this was one of Trump's main election promises, you know the ones that got him elected? On one end people scream about him acting on his promises and on the other will also complain he gets nothing done if he doesn't act.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: frugal

Yes, we could talk about Global Warming and all the recent hurricanes we keep getting too, but I think I have Trumpsters too triggered as it is. I don't think they could take debating that reality too.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

He does not have the votes. It's pretty simple.
edit on 28-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

In your produce and c9 structure costs as well. About 30 percent of all roofers in the us are illegal for instance. Some parts of Texas it's 90 percent.

And do you know why? I lived in Texas for 5 years and the labor was cheap anytime you needed it. Builders love to pay people well under the value of their skill's worth and in the end the person who buys the house doesn't get it cheaper, but the builder gets a nice profit.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Another point from the OP:

Also likely to be a factor is the prevailing view among hard-line Republicans — notably during the debate about Hurricane Sandy — that aid packages should be offset by corresponding budget cuts. Democrats are sure to remind Republicans, particularly those from Texas who voted against the Sandy package, of their past stands.

PS: This thread was in the mud pit. I'm throwing mud. Acting all surprised about it isn't going to score any points. In any case, I'm doing me and scheduled a blood donation later this week. I even posted the appointment confirmation earlier in the thread.
edit on 28-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No, wasn't trying to make you look bad, you did that on your own.

Lol. Suuuure.

It is fake news, hence the doom and gloom of projection numbers, the tactic is null and void.

One day you'll remember what the phrase "deny ignorance" means. I hope.

Reagens numbers were only a few points off, nothing to brag about and only proves my point that it literally means nothing.

See. You even suck at reading the correct information. Again, it CLEARLY said that by October (a month before the election) Reagan's numbers were WELL above 50%. He was NOT reelected with less than majority American support no matter how you want to spin that. You are lying and making a fool of yourself. Your entire point there was wrong.

Not a belief, a fact. The American people support our President.

See. I'm not religious. I'm not the type to believe something if you keep saying it over and over again without actually proving your point. I just start tuning you out and consider you a gullible fool instead.
So nothing but your delusional reaching? all based off a threat of a gov shutdown, nevermind previous threats before, cool.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
His presidency was tainted the moment the entire establishment was out to get him. i.e., from the beginning.

So? Obama experienced the same problems from the right and he still managed to get a lot done.

He won't get to write his own story here. The media is writing it for him. The same media that is rewriting civil war history.

Maybe if he didn't spend every waking minute of the day antagonizing the media then wondering why the media is so mean to him he could build a better rapport with them, but NAAAAAAH. Can't have that. Combative to the end. Trump brings his own fate upon himself. I have no sympathy for him on how the media treats him.

That being said, you are right...it is a nuclear option that should only be used in the most serious of cases. Which has been zero of the time it has been used in my adult life.

Agreed. Government shutdowns usually end up being more headache then they are worth. Even for the issues we fought over in the past.

It didn't taint any of the 3 prior presidencies...and is only a super big deal right now because its Trump.

Well for one it didn't shut down under Bush and for two those fights were plain budget fights. Trump wants to pitch the shutdown over his border wall. There would be no need to have a shutdown conversation if Trump just stuck to budget negotiations. He is escalating the situation on his own. SO if the government gets shutdown over the border wall, it will be laid at his feet.

Im not going to defend Trump here. But I will point out that the entire system, in its entirety (including both parties, the entire federal government, and any media outlet considered "reputable") has it in for Trump. Obama only had to fight against partisans....Trump has the entire system working against him.

I don't care about politicans building a rapport with media. That is actually the exact opposite of what should happen. The media should be truthful no matter what. The editorialization of news is right square in the middle of any reasonable list of what is wrong with politics. Which is why he claims to be antagonizing them. But that aside...if him being a jerk to media makes media make up lies....then how on Earth can anyone defend that?

The budget fights were ridiculous, too. In the real world (outside of government) when you are out of money you are out of money. You dont' just vote to create more debt. This is actually at the top of any reasonable list of what is wrong with government: the complete abandonment of fiscal conservatism.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

And do you know why? I lived in Texas for 5 years and the labor was cheap anytime you needed it. Builders love to pay people well under the value of their skill's worth and in the end the person who buys the house doesn't get it cheaper, but the builder gets a nice profit.

That is correct and then donate to Rick perry, Gregg abbott, GWB to look the other way.

Hence why it's a scam until you see wealthy donors in cuffs

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Mexican roofers are total $hit. A total waste of money. Hire an Amish team of people and pay for quality that lasts. I am really picky about who I hire to work on my house and rental properties. A job done correctly is worth it.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Lets compromise here. Since CA had about 4 million more votes for Hillary than Trump we will just not build the wall a long CAs borders. We will make the whole state a sanctuary and let the good state to CA reap all the benefits.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Lets compromise here. Since CA had about 4 million more votes for Hillary than Trump we will just not build the wall a long CAs borders. We will make the whole state a sanctuary and let the good state to CA reap all the benefits.

They already have one and the Mexicans dig underneath and put people in trucks.

Hence why employers need to be the focus. Duh

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
Im not going to defend Trump here. But I will point out that the entire system, in its entirety (including both parties, the entire federal government, and any media outlet considered "reputable") has it in for Trump. Obama only had to fight against partisans....Trump has the entire system working against him.

Um... What? This isn't true. Fox News and various other conservative outlets have nothing but nice things to say about him. It's actually amusing to turn people like Tucker Carlson or Sean Hannity on to see how they are going to spin Trump's latest snafu to be a good thing. Hell Steve Bannon has literally said that he is going to go back to Breitbart to continue pushing the Trump agenda. Please STOP pretending like the liberal media = all media. It is very dishonest and not true anymore.

I don't care about politicans building a rapport with media. That is actually the exact opposite of what should happen. The media should be truthful no matter what. The editorialization of news is right square in the middle of any reasonable list of what is wrong with politics. Which is why he claims to be antagonizing them. But that aside...if him being a jerk to media makes media make up lies....then how on Earth can anyone defend that?

First off. The media isn't just making stuff up about him. Many times they are reporting on Trump's actual words. Sometimes they editorialize and guess on a situation. Well with guessing a lot of times you are wrong, but if you understand that is a guess then you know that isn't fake news but just an opinion of things to come. In any case, the media has gotten a LOT more investigative under Trump and you should be happy for that. That's their job.

The budget fights were ridiculous, too. In the real world (outside of government) when you are out of money you are out of money. You dont' just vote to create more debt. This is actually at the top of any reasonable list of what is wrong with government: the complete abandonment of fiscal conservatism.

Well you try balancing the budget. #'s difficult. That's why Congress deploys the tried and true method of kicking the can down the road. It's not so much a good thing, but its just reality. But if you want the budget balanced then surely you can see my point from this thread that emergency funds for Texas are going to have to offset any funds for the wall. Lest you agree to expand the debt more.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus

Clearly you aren't aware that FEMA relief and that wall cost tax money. Money that needs to come from somewhere. Also, posting last month's FEMA budget report is irrelevant because Congress will be granting them emergency funds in the coming days (if it hasn't been done yet today). You'd know this is you had bothered to read my source in the OP.

Clearly you don't know much yourself. Of course it's all tax money. Do you assume that I thought it would come out of thin air? Emergency funds, yeah, those do come up. If Congress wants to be the useless body of morons that they currently are, they may compare apples to oranges and claim that there's no more money for the wall because they helped Texas.

Actually, money in the US CAN come out of thin air, simply by adding a few zeros on a computer. However, that wasn't my point.

But you did bust me, I only went so far in your OP because of the tone of it, the standard political left vs. right that has been beaten to dust like a dead horse, using this horrific tragedy as an excuse.

I wanted to make the point that Texas is a GREAT state because of the people. I wish them all the best in this disaster. How nice of you to gloat about something so sad to make a political point.

FissionSurplus,

As hard as you try to paint a clear picture for the OP, he appears to be blinded by his own inability to see any view other than his own.

Sigh.....all I see him doing is...

You can't teach a dead horse new tricks...

Des

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Yes. An event that JUST happened and hasn't gotten much national debate yet is TOTALLY a dead horse that I'm beating... Wow... I don't know why talking about fund appropriations for Harvey is a "dead horse" to you, but it certainly isn't to me. It just happened a few days ago. Maybe try an actual argument next time?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

That is correct and then donate to Rick perry, Gregg abbott, GWB to look the other way.

Hence why it's a scam until you see wealthy donors in cuffs

Looking the other way has been very bipartisan... This has been a subject no "politician" would touch with a 10 foot pole, then along comes Trump, who wants to fix it and people get upset now.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Another point from the OP:

Also likely to be a factor is the prevailing view among hard-line Republicans — notably during the debate about Hurricane Sandy — that aid packages should be offset by corresponding budget cuts. Democrats are sure to remind Republicans, particularly those from Texas who voted against the Sandy package, of their past stands.

PS: This thread was in the mud pit. I'm throwing mud. Acting all surprised about it isn't going to score any points. In any case, I'm doing me and scheduled a blood donation later this week. I even posted the appointment confirmation earlier in the thread.

Naw. I'm not surprised at all, you forget that I've been here on ATS for 6 years and I know who's who on this site.

Mud pit or not, I find it tasteless as hell for you to use a disaster of this proportion (which is fixing to cause havoc now in Louisiana and other states that will get spin-off tornadoes) to gloat about the wall.

Do you want brownie points for giving blood or something? Jeesh. Being a feces throwing monkey gloating over the pain of others, and then saying, LOOK AT ME, I'M GIVING BLOOD means nothing. Considering all the snobbiness you have spread around, it's the least you can do.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   
WHAT???????

It's on TV 24/7.

What needs debating???

People are in need, people are responding.

Dea

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!! He'll keep going till he's drowning in blood...maybe he'll pass THAT off as his donation.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join