It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well it looks like Harvey just ended Trump's wall

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

What part of me guessing do you not understand? I hadn't looked up the real numbers until I posted those links so I spit balled between billions and trillions of dollars. Are you really THAT dense or are you being willfully obtuse? Or is it just that you don't understand what a guess is?

You are missing the true humor here my friend...

You slam someone saying

What the hell are you talking about? You clearly haven't even ran these numbers

and now you say yours is just a guess too.

Your posts are very aggressive and I just called you out on it, that is all.

You also said trillions is in the ball park, as your excuse, and that just adds to the fun.
edit on 28-8-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I've posted my sources. You opted to pretend like they were no good, and the election ended 10 months ago. To pretend like public opinions on Trump are the same since then is stupid and naive.

PS: And how am I flip-flopping on anything? You just keep repeating yourself like a broken record.
edit on 28-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Fantastic. You done now? Anything related to being on topic or are you incapable of having a conversation like an adult?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

He's joshing you dude. There's no point arguing with someone who thinks their opinion is fact. Half his responses at this point are just to get a rise out of you.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Sources to my Reagen claim, of which I conceded.

Biased public opnions, to include liberal outlets.

Yes, stupid and naive to believe them, so, stop believing in them.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes. I think it is a tactic that Trump doesn't fully understand and is just throwing it around carelessly.

Well....its thrown around carelessly in every administration since Clinton, as far as I recall. Under Clinton the same brother in law went 5 months without a paycheck once.

The only people who suffer usually are federal employees. If any entity I ran decided to pull crap like that we'd get a DOL audit (and penalties).

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

We moved to west tx 2 years ago.
Last jan we had an 80 ft tall tree fall on our home.
EVERYONE on our street showed up to help.
The tree was off our home the SAME DAY.
We had power restored the SAME DAY.
Our insurance company reserved a hotel for 17 days based on the estimate to get power restored during that ice storm.
We used 1 only because we had checked in before the power was back up.

If you've never lived there, and you don't really understand the spirit of a Texan,

I did not before
I do now
We also help this community in any way we can now

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Sources to my Reagen claim, of which I conceded.

Biased public opnions, to include liberal outlets.

Yes, stupid and naive to believe them, so, stop believing in them.

Sorry, my sources are more trustworthy than someone who can't be bothered to confirm if the things he are saying are true or not. You have lost your trustworthiness in your desire to try to make me look bad throughout this thread. I'm not going to let that Reagan thing go. Preaching about listening to fake news and you can't even be bothered to know the right information just makes you look like you don't know what you are talking about and the more I talk to you the more I believe that.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

I never said boarder security was the dumbest thing in the world. I said a wall (a fence really) is the dumbest thing in the world.

Do you lock your doors, or is that physical security obsolete too? Like a lock door that keeps out 99% of those who might go through an unlocked door, a wall will keep out the vast majority that would just walk across if there was nothing there. The wall is also just one piece of a pie of many slices.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

That's the thing. Government shutdowns are serious business over serious debates and issues. Trump's border wall has no place being in a government shutdown conversation. We don't need it in any way whatsoever. Illegal immigration from Mexico is down, a wall won't stop border hoppers, and most are coming through expired visas or crossing points. So if Trump shut the government down to get his wall, it would be the most childish and awful thing he's done to the American people. I'm pretty sure it would completely taint his Presidency as well.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

No, wasn't trying to make you look bad, you did that on your own.

It is fake news, hence the doom and gloom of projection numbers, the tactic is null and void.

Reagens numbers were only a few points off, nothing to brag about and only proves my point that it literally means nothing.

Not a belief, a fact. The American people support our President.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

That's the thing. Government shutdowns are serious business over serious debates and issues. Trump's border wall has no place being in a government shutdown conversation. We don't need it in any way whatsoever. Illegal immigration from Mexico is down, a wall won't stop border hoppers, and most are coming through expired visas or crossing points. So if Trump shut the government down to get his wall, it would be the most childish and awful thing he's done to the American people. I'm pretty sure it would completely taint his Presidency as well.
But thats your foolishness for believing that. You know how many times its been threatened to shut down? If thats the crux of this entire thread, you've made a fool of yourself, good job.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I'm an American people, and do not support the president, therefore you are wrong, QED.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: luthier

I never said boarder security was the dumbest thing in the world. I said a wall (a fence really) is the dumbest thing in the world.

Do you lock your doors, or is that physical security obsolete too? Like a lock door that keeps out 99% of those who might go through an unlocked door, a wall will keep out the vast majority that would just walk across if there was nothing there. The wall is also just one piece of a pie of many slices.

A wall is a total waste of money. The only countries who use them the way trump is talking about are dictators keeping people in.

And no its not a small slice it's his only plan. Unless you can provide more info including the cost and prospect of it passing.

The wall will olny take away from the law enforcement budget. It also won't pass so no worries.

It's stupid and if you would care to talk about the actual economic impact and effectiveness let's do it.

But you MO is udually vague bs not based in any reality. Where emperor trump waves his magic wand and everything is beautiful.

The sure sign it's a scam is the fact the employers aren't being discussed AT ALL.

Can you list the irs raids trump has been doing?

No? Well its a scam. That's why.
edit on 28-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

link   

His presidency was tainted the moment the entire establishment was out to get him. i.e., from the beginning.

He won't get to write his own story here. The media is writing it for him. The same media that is rewriting civil war history.

That being said, you are right...it is a nuclear option that should only be used in the most serious of cases. Which has been zero of the time it has been used in my adult life.

It didn't taint any of the 3 prior presidencies...and is only a super big deal right now because its Trump.

link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

No, wasn't trying to make you look bad, you did that on your own.

Lol. Suuuure.

It is fake news, hence the doom and gloom of projection numbers, the tactic is null and void.

One day you'll remember what the phrase "deny ignorance" means. I hope.

Reagens numbers were only a few points off, nothing to brag about and only proves my point that it literally means nothing.

See. You even suck at reading the correct information. Again, it CLEARLY said that by October (a month before the election) Reagan's numbers were WELL above 50%. He was NOT reelected with less than majority American support no matter how you want to spin that. You are lying and making a fool of yourself. Your entire point there was wrong.

Not a belief, a fact. The American people support our President.

See. I'm not religious. I'm not the type to believe something if you keep saying it over and over again without actually proving your point. I just start tuning you out and consider you a gullible fool instead.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes. I think it is a tactic that Trump doesn't fully understand and is just throwing it around carelessly.

Well....its thrown around carelessly in every administration since Clinton, as far as I recall. Under Clinton the same brother in law went 5 months without a paycheck once.

The only people who suffer usually are federal employees. If any entity I ran decided to pull crap like that we'd get a DOL audit (and penalties).

The US survived Obama's shut down for 16 days in 2013 that affected 2 million Government employees.. Old stuff....

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
His presidency was tainted the moment the entire establishment was out to get him. i.e., from the beginning.

So? Obama experienced the same problems from the right and he still managed to get a lot done.

He won't get to write his own story here. The media is writing it for him. The same media that is rewriting civil war history.

Maybe if he didn't spend every waking minute of the day antagonizing the media then wondering why the media is so mean to him he could build a better rapport with them, but NAAAAAAH. Can't have that. Combative to the end. Trump brings his own fate upon himself. I have no sympathy for him on how the media treats him.

That being said, you are right...it is a nuclear option that should only be used in the most serious of cases. Which has been zero of the time it has been used in my adult life.

Agreed. Government shutdowns usually end up being more headache then they are worth. Even for the issues we fought over in the past.

It didn't taint any of the 3 prior presidencies...and is only a super big deal right now because its Trump.

Well for one it didn't shut down under Bush and for two those fights were plain budget fights. Trump wants to pitch the shutdown over his border wall. There would be no need to have a shutdown conversation if Trump just stuck to budget negotiations. He is escalating the situation on his own. SO if the government gets shutdown over the border wall, it will be laid at his feet.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   
The real issue is the alarming frequency and devastation of hurricanes due to global warming. In the 1960s, 70s, and 80s I can only recall Hurricane Andrew and Hugo. Now every year it's a common place Hurricane disaster happening. I personally spent $3,000 out of pocket on roof repairs in SC the last three years. I live in the middle of the state. These tropical storms can sit and spin unleashing quantities of rain for days... making the roofs leak. This is the bare minimum of costs. Trees are falling over due to the global warming here every time it rains. When the wind blows they snap off easily. We had dams burst here a year ago all over the state. They are unrepaired as they cost millions and federal aid did not replace them.

The Mexicans and the USA needs to examine how we treat the environment. Picking up roadside trash and recycling. Reducing, reusing, donating, recycling, rehabbing what we already have. More, more, more is not the answer. Manufacturing, thousands of peoples driving cars daily, and burning create heat in the environment. Mexico is coated heavily in roadside dumping. I saw it all over the Yucatan peninsula this summer. Their public drinking water is undrinkable. Bottled water is an evil messy necessity.

The Mexican wall is a total separate issue. If you lived in the South your would appreciate this idea more. Crime and loss of jobs are very bad, giving out welfare and healthcare to people who aren't from our country is just plain stupid. The environmental programs would create jobs, lower climate changes, and natural financial disasters. Build the wall out of recyclables. Win! Win! For all these issues.
edit on 28-8-2017 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

I'm an American people, and do not support the president, therefore you are wrong, QED.

I'm an American citizen and I do support the President. Try again.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join