It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well it looks like Harvey just ended Trump's wall

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So are you saying this hurricane was a #falseflag orchestrated by the Deep State to stop Trump?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: MOMof3

Idaho has less than 2 million and median age of 36. We could stand some new blood. It's too poor for most Americans.

Sounds like a great place for legal immigration from ALL OVER THE WOLD, and not just us all taking in south of the border illegals and finding a way to make them legal. I have a sister in-law that was approved and paid for her working visa/green card 12 years ago, still waiting in line. I would love to replace 10 million illegals with 10 million legal immigrates.

This is how most people who are against illegal immigration feel about legal immigration, completely destroying the myth that we're anti-immigrant.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I don't understand the 'build a wall' posts that keep springing up, there is already a wall there, according to photographs of the southern border.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I read through your links. Do those figures include what we would have to pay property owners for imminent domain?

I'm not sure actually. The costs are likely still to be low in my opinion. Government estimates are usually too low as unexpected costs always arise.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123
He has the support of the American people, how hard is that to understand?

It's not that I don't understand it. It's that I don't believe it. You can say it over and over. You can yell it. You can even sing it if you want. I still don't believe it. His support is evaporating and even his base is starting to show signs of cracks and fatigue.

The irony here is you believing them polls again. After a terrible election, of which all your hopes were pinned on polls, you still, after a crushing defeat, rely on them? this is why its considered fake news and a farce, no one cares but YOU people.

No the irony is you quoting a wrong stat then telling me not to believe fake news and then pretending like that is no big deal.

Regardless of the vitrol, hate and slander you people present, I don't fear this liberal hate thread, this is all you people breed. Silly mentioned fairy tale, you people are certainly living in one.

Ok... Good. I guess... I never wrote the thread for you to fear anything...
edit on 28-8-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Ignorant is not the right word. Far from it. Certainly that poster can say it was a joke and slither out from under the weight of it with a laugh. Just like Trump does. But to even joke about putting women into the sex trade is downright mean, ugly, and repulsive.

So you find reality repulsive, so do I. The left seem to only see the poor migration worker that comes here to work hard in just trying to get ahead in life. What the left seems to take a bind eye to is human trafficking that happens to be a huge problem around the world with sex trade and slave labor. An uncontrolled border may let in the needed migration worker, but also allows all the evils of human trafficking too.

So my question to the left is... Do you all just ignore this or do you all see it as a necessary evil to allow the undocumented poor migration worker to do what they do?

edit on 28-8-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

$26 billion
$67 billion

Ok here is some math and a riddle for you, Mr. Wizard.... a trillion is 1000 billions....2 trillion is 2000 billions...How do you go from 26 -67 billion to 1000 to 2000 billion?

What part of me guessing do you not understand? I hadn't looked up the real numbers until I posted those links so I spit balled between billions and trillions of dollars. Are you really THAT dense or are you being willfully obtuse? Or is it just that you don't understand what a guess is?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

I lived for 9 years in the DFW area and 5 years in west Texas. The one thing I took away with me was that, in times of trouble, Texans will jump in and help their neighbors and strangers in need. Church groups, especially the Baptists, gather their supplies and guys and head out to the heart of trouble to assist with clothes, food, water, etc....NONE of it paid for by the government.

If you've never lived there, and you don't really understand the spirit of a Texan, you can get on your high horse and get pissy about this wall business (which is NOT just in Texas, folks....that wall starts in California and ends in the Gulf of Mexico), but you'll just be blowing it out your backside.

The wall can be started in Cali and well before it reaches Texas, Texas will be rebuilding and assisting each other, as they always have.

Not to mention, FEMA has monthly funding for disasters that have NOTHING to do with Congressional approval or the wall.

This thread is simply a "neener neener Trump will lose his wall" thread, which makes ZERO sense. Dream on, OP. Texas will come together no matter what their issues are, as they have since before they became a state, and the wall is a completely different story.

Educate, don't pontificate!
www.fema.gov...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: FissionSurplus

Clearly you aren't aware that FEMA relief and that wall cost tax money. Money that needs to come from somewhere. Also, posting last month's FEMA budget report is irrelevant because Congress will be granting them emergency funds in the coming days (if it hasn't been done yet today). You'd know this is you had bothered to read my source in the OP.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Are you really THAT dense or are you being willfully obtuse? Or is it just that you don't understand what a guess is?

I just found it funny that you challenged someone's math skills and in the same post you put "trillions" for cost... Austin Powers came to mind rather quickly, so my suggestion is don't do fuzzy math when you are slamming someone else about their math. You really do not need to reply to this, but I'm sure you will lol.

Your guess would have been like if I asked what is the average price of a car and you WAG was oh about a million...lol

If you do not see the humor in that then OK, you are liberal, I understand...hehe

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

My suggestion to you is to stop being an idiotic troll who doesn't understand what a guess is, but then again you can't fix stupid (see I can refer to Ron white just like you can refer to Austin Powers. HILARIOUS right?). PS: One doesn't tend to see the humor in trollish attempts by others to ridicule them regardless of their political affiliations.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Threatening to shut the government down is a pedantic and stupid move.

If it actually did anything other than decrease care for the VA patients (my brother in law didn't get paid as an RN for almost 6 months during the Bush admin), i could see supporting such a move.

But it doesn't. It just screws over the employees who work for that bloated behemoth we call Uncle Sam.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Yes. I think it is a tactic that Trump doesn't fully understand and is just throwing it around carelessly.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

My suggestion to you is to stop being an idiotic troll who doesn't understand what a guess is, but then again you can't fix stupid. PS: One doesn't tend to see the humor in trollish attempts by others to ridicule them regardless of their political affiliations.
Idiotic troll? oh the irony...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: luke1212
a reply to: luthier

i'm interested in something that works. i know a wall on its own isn't gonna be enough. yes get surveillance up and get more border patrol agents. i would rather see money wasted on it and cleaned up in other areas. call it dumb call it whatever you want. imo a secure border is not the dumbest thing in the world.

I never said boarder security was the dumbest thing in the world. I said a wall (a fence really) is the dumbest thing in the world.

Not only that you have all fallen for a gimmick.

Real simple way to tell.

List all the millionaires getting arrested for hiring the illegals. List all the irs raids of illegal employers under trump. List the amount of asset seizure that has been done to illegal employers.

Sorry buy you have fallen for a scam. Just because someone knows there is a problem does not mean they intend or know how to solve it.
edit on 28-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Coming from the guy who couldn't even be bothered to look his little "gotcha" history factoids up before spewing them, you really don't have room to talk. Got any other flashes of brilliance from American history that I can easily disprove with a Google search you want to throw at me?

link   
I think the devastation in Texas makes it more likely there'll be a game of chicken.

I can see the legislature caving on the wall to get Texas relief funds

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Coming from the guy who couldn't even be bothered to look his little "gotcha" history factoids up before spewing them, you really don't have room to talk. Got any other flashes of brilliance from American history that I can easily disprove with a Google search you want to throw at me?
None, other then the American people support our President, of which you still can't prove other then your rhetoric.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

None, other then the American people support our President, of which you still can't prove other then your rhetoric.

Why do I want to prove your statement? You are making the claim. You need to produce the evidence that it is true. The burden of proof is on you. I don't believe it for a second. It's like you don't know how a debate works... Prove your own narrative. Stop being so #ing lazy.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Oh, but you disputed it as well. Its a two way street. My backing? the election, me and others. Looking for a poll? invalid since the election.

Seeing you flip flop around over my statement is hillarious and enjoyble to watch.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join