It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well it looks like Harvey just ended Trump's wall

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Because the internet, while it opens the door to tons of new knowledge, makes it EXTREMELY easy to live in your own echo chamber. Take r/the_donald. If you post anything negative about him you are immediately banned and/or censored. Clearly that is an echo chamber as they don't want to expose themselves to anything that disagrees with their opinions.

(post by Sillyolme removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I have no narrative. You people have a narrative, in trying to slander our President at all cost. Its blatantly clear.

You definitely have a narrative. You blindly repeated it to me several times without bothering to either prove it or logically argue it.

he has the support of the American people

So stop lying.

Reagen was relected at 35% approval rating. In other words, its all BS, just like the polls.

This is fake news:

Reagan's job approval ratings were actually worse than Nixon's in the year before his successful re-election bid in November 1984. Reagan's ratings lingered well below the 50% mark for most of 1983, falling as low as 43% at one point in the summer of 1983. But by the end of 1983, Reagan's approval ratings moved above the 50% mark, and stayed comfortably above that point for the rest of the election year. Gallup's job approval rating for Reagan was a relatively robust 58% in October, and he went on to defeat Democrat Walter Mondale handily, by a 59% to 41% margin.

Source

You know, I guess my narrative would be, don't fall for fake news. About right, you'll think people learned their lesson.

Lol. Practice what you preach.
Okay, I stand corrected, 43%, still a really low margin, by four points.

He wasn't reelected at that margin either. By the time the election rolled around his approval rating had climbed well above 50%.

My article still stands, in other words, fakes news as in fear mongering. Doom and gloom of projected numbers.

No. It doesn't, and it is hilarious that you bought into fake news to try to tell me not to buy into it. Irony galore!

He has the support of the American people.

I don't preach.

Lol. More irony.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Regardless, It think this thread is a bit off course.

Either or, the overall premise of it, will there still be a wall and will the Hurricane over shadow it?

Yes, there will still be a wall. No, the hurricane won't threaten it.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Trump will still push for the wall being build. The Southern states are flooded with Illegals. Another thing trump could do is use the IRS to reward American citizens who turn in any company that hires illegals.

(post by thesaneone removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

So how much do you think the wall will cost if not billions or trillions of dollars? Here are a few sources and their projections:
$26 billion
$67 billion

Like are you even following the same conversation as the rest of us, because it looks like you just put your foot in your mouth trying to make fun of me. I mean I was ball parking when I said trillions, but I knew it wouldn't be cheap and I hadn't looked up the actual numbers yet.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I must be thinking of someone else then. Someone who's always on the political boards.
Sorry neo my mistake.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Ha ha. Ok.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I live in Idaho. Is that true about all Mexicans? The ones i worked with in WA state were really nice. But they came here as children.

I Live in WA and really do not have issues with the Latino population here that work damn hard doing all the picking...but it doesn't make it right under the law, and it doesn't provide them any protection being a very vulnerable group to begin with. Much of it comes down to what can our infrastructure handle. As you go south towards Mexico's border the schools are over populated with illegals that do not pay into the cost of schools creating very large teacher to student ratios and limited resources i.e. bad education. When I lived in San Antonio you could sit in a ER for 10 hours as the place was over flowing with illegals. All this needs to stop otherwise state like CA will go bankrupt with the ever increasing burden that is places on our social infrastructure and it will only slowly move into more states north of the border too.

edit on 28-8-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: thesaneone

PS I wrote all of my posts don't you think I've already read them. LOL

And did you even read the post I was referring to? About them all carrying ten kilos of drugs and putting their women into the sex trade?
edit on 8282017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

link   

I read through your links. Do those figures include what we would have to pay property owners for imminent domain?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

I have no narrative. You people have a narrative, in trying to slander our President at all cost. Its blatantly clear.

You definitely have a narrative. You blindly repeated it to me several times without bothering to either prove it or logically argue it.

he has the support of the American people

So stop lying.

Reagen was relected at 35% approval rating. In other words, its all BS, just like the polls.

This is fake news:

Reagan's job approval ratings were actually worse than Nixon's in the year before his successful re-election bid in November 1984. Reagan's ratings lingered well below the 50% mark for most of 1983, falling as low as 43% at one point in the summer of 1983. But by the end of 1983, Reagan's approval ratings moved above the 50% mark, and stayed comfortably above that point for the rest of the election year. Gallup's job approval rating for Reagan was a relatively robust 58% in October, and he went on to defeat Democrat Walter Mondale handily, by a 59% to 41% margin.

Source

You know, I guess my narrative would be, don't fall for fake news. About right, you'll think people learned their lesson.

Lol. Practice what you preach.
Okay, I stand corrected, 43%, still a really low margin, by four points.

He wasn't reelected at that margin either. By the time the election rolled around his approval rating had climbed well above 50%.

My article still stands, in other words, fakes news as in fear mongering. Doom and gloom of projected numbers.

No. It doesn't, and it is hilarious that you bought into fake news to try to tell me not to buy into it. Irony galore!

He has the support of the American people.

I don't preach.

Lol. More irony.
He has the support of the American people, how hard is that to understand?

The irony here is you believing them polls again. After a terrible election, of which all your hopes were pinned on polls, you still, after a crushing defeat, rely on them? this is why its considered fake news and a farce, no one cares but YOU people.

I get it though, Its a safe space, cool enjoy the playdoh, its the only real change you people seem to make. The American people remain strong in their competence for OUR President.

Regardless of the vitrol, hate and slander you people present, I don't fear this liberal hate thread, this is all you people breed. Silly mentioned fairy tale, you people are certainly living in one.
edit on 28-8-2017 by Arnie123 because: heh

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Trump's wall was DOA from the beginning. Particularly since he's proven himself to be a pathetic, incompetent man-child as President. Your points here are well-taken though. If he cries for government shutdown now, when Texas will need BILLIONS of our tax dollars to deal with this crisis, he probably won't be in office even until the Midterms.

(post by thesaneone removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Trump's wall was DOA from the beginning. Particularly since he's proven himself to be a pathetic, incompetent man-child as President. Your points here are well-taken though. If he cries for government shutdown now, when Texas will need BILLIONS of our tax dollars to deal with this crisis, he probably won't be in office even until the Midterms.

This post is all kinds of stupid.

Makes a claim of DOA, yet provides no real relevant argument besides, "man child".

"when Texas will need billions of OUR tax dollars...", I'm sorry, just who do you think lives in Texas? foreign entities?

..."Won't be in office by mid terms", and more claims. Like your lovely god mother Pelosi, "He won't be President".

You do a disservice to yourself.
edit on 28-8-2017 by Arnie123 because: heh

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Do you really believe that you sat in an emergency room for ten hours and every Latino was an illegal? Or that every school in the south west is over populated with illegals? Or were they merely of Mexican heritage?
Especially the schools because the kids were probably born here.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Yeah I did because you said you didn't believe the friggin polls so make up your mind.
The polls say he sucks and the veterans who loved him in November also say he sucks. Everyone but you. Lol
edit on 8282017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: olaru12
Not only will there be no wall; thousands of Mexicans will be given green cards to come and work along the gulf coast fixing the damage and cleaning up the mess.

As a native Texan, I have seen the value of cheap labor from across the border. It's an established institution in Texas and as the owner of the family farm who do you think we hire as field hands? College kids???

Lol, what happened to you being all for the wall because you had your business ready to go? Then you talk about leasing the "family farm"
but now you say we hire??? More lies from olaru.

I still have the archives contract on the wall and have a crew Tuscon. The 180 acres in cotton and onions is showing a great harvest this year. And still union strong and union proud, in the studio as we speak....you sound a little jealous amigo. But thanks for your interest!!

Just had a sweet little role in "Better Call Saul" Tamalewood rawwkks.

www.sagaftra.org...
edit on 28-8-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Like most of Trump's promises, the wall was ludicrous from its inception. Members of Congress aren't going to fund it, and have stated that. The American people at large do not support Trump's Wall. It's a senseless waste of our treasury if nothing else.

Many Texans are secessionists when it suits them who regularly claim they don't need America nor American support. Do you disagree that it is the American taxpayers' money that will be spent to help rebuild Texas? If so, you seem ill-informed on the matter.

Trump won't be President because he is demonstrably incompetent. Even if he still occupies the Office, he will be a lame duck, reduced to doing what he does best: squawking.

Thanks for your comments though; always good to hear from a fan!

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join