It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boxing Isn't MMA Part 2

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Well i can't think of anyone who has transferred from MMA to pro boxing... can you?

And of course you do know sparing is a lot different then an actual match

I've spared with a couple of the local pros in my area... doesn't mean i was ever ready to fight them

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Well i can't think of anyone who has transferred from MMA to pro boxing... can you?

And of course you do know sparing is a lot different then an actual match

I've spared with a couple of the local pros in my area... doesn't mean i was ever ready to fight them

Did those pros say yeah you would do great and then call you for their camps. Please man.

Their first sparring partner was Rodney Jones for gooddness sakes. You haven't a clue.

And I bet they let them skip the line because of uh...money and they would do fine.

Mma fighter don't transfer because boxing is dead and Mma gyms are eveywhere unfortunately.

Lots of crossover fighters who do both.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

edit on 28-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Did those pros say yeah you would do great and then call you for their camps. Please man.

This was 20 some odd years ago... and ya i did pretty good, but i was more or less there for the workout... not to become a boxer

In any case im not going to argue with you about this... the diaz boys would get their asses handed to them by any pro boxer...

agree or disagree... its all good either way

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

This was 20 some odd years ago... and ya i did pretty good, but i was more or less there for the workout... not to become a boxer

In any case im not going to argue with you about this... the diaz boys would get their asses handed to them by any pro boxer...

agree or disagree... its all good either way

Hey look Kimbo a backyard guy has 7 pro fights.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Little by little your theory is devastated. Boxing has plenty of ludicrous money fights.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

im not trying to compare boxing to mma and i think there is something to prove.
i would like all people to know that mma is superior when it comes to fighting.

like you said a few posts above the conor vs floyd was not a real fight.

thats true of all boxing matches. they are not real fights. they are a boxing match or a boxing contest. not a fight.
thats always my point.

take any high level boxer and any high level mma guy and put them in a room or a parking lot or a #ing mall and tell them to fight.
what do you think would happen?

i think we all know. the fighter would win

and yes boxing isn't mma

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

nick is 1-0 in pro boxing

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join