It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANTIFA, The Patriots (they're not)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

LOL, you REALLY need to step back and take a look ant ANTIFA for what they are.

Nazis by another name.

It's not about hate so much as actions.

www.washingtonpost.com...

You can deny it all you want. I see the truth, and so do many others.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

Actually, I don't.

I don't need to use a false equivalence to demonize any group.

The title of the article you linked "Yes, antifa is the moral equivalent of neo-Nazis" is exactly what I'm talking about.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Then continue on with blinders to reality.

Your choice.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Let's assume for the moment that the American "ANTIFA" is actually a coordinated, cohesive group of people nationally.

(That's patently false, but for the sake of this argument....)

Now. Let's review briefly the history of "ANTIFA."

The true origins of these groups are in Europe, and they rose in opposition to the German Nazis and Italian Fascists in the 1920s and 30s. After the Allies defeated Germany and Italy, "ANTIFA" fought against Neo-Nazis.

In the US "ANTIFA" exists to oppose the rise and public actions of Nazis and White Supremacists.

That's the history and legacy of "ANTIFA."

What is their "credo" and philosophy? Oppose Nazis, Fascists and White Supremacists.

Now, let's consider the history of the groups this "ANTIFA" opposes.

White Supremacists are well ensconced in American history. At one point, it's even reasonable to say that the majority of the population believed that Whites were superior to Blacks, that Blacks were inferior, backward, and in some cases, less than human (as in the Three-Fifths Compromise.)

After the defeat of the Confederacy in the Civil War, the White Supremacy movement operated primarily, but not exclusively, in the Southern States that were being forced to allow Black Americans equality. Groups like the first KKK grew up around the efforts of Jim Crow and Segregation. Thousands of Black (and White) opponents of these malicious practices were murdered by the various White Supremacist groups ... by lynching, burning and other methods.

American Nazis show up mostly in the period after World War II, various groups endorsing the same message and methodology as Hitler's party in Germany ... White Supremacy, racial purity, violent oppression of Jews, Blacks, LGBT, etc.

They go by various names and they have been empowered by how they see the election of Donald Trump. They see Trump as a supporter (which they have some reason to do) and also, they believe his rise demonstrates that the American population is moving to their ways of thinking. They had planned rallies around the country like the "UNITE THE RIGHT" putsch in Charlottesville ... however, the residents of the town (and other protestors like "ANTIFA" and "BLM") stood up to them and their terroristic intentions were made clear.

So, no, although there has been violence and sporadic vandalism by black-clad people claiming to be "ANTIFA" and there have been violent actions during some BLM protests ... the two "sides" are demonstrably NOT the same by any stretch of the imagination.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

The one with blinders on is you because you choose not to see the obvious differences between the groups.

You are using a logical fallacy to facilitate your broad brush judgement.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

except Antifa doesn't believe in Nazi ideology, false equivalence

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX

except Antifa doesn't believe in Nazi ideology, false equivalence

In fact, all anti-fascist groups stand against Nazi ideology; that is their reason for being.

However, what becomes increasingly clear is that many "on the right" don't care about facts, and are more than willing to apologize for Nazis as long as they think it's against "the left."

Individuals who attack others without provocation, who assault others, who vandalize are criminals and terrorists.
edit on 31-8-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Antifa, the racist right-wing Nazism and kkk lunacy, we can all ascribe to one thing:

The rise of Trump

…Trump has changed that. For antifa, the result has been explosive growth. According to NYC Antifa, the group’s Twitter following nearly quadrupled in the first three weeks of January alone. (By summer, it exceeded 15,000.)t

www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Antifa, the racist right-wing Nazism and kkk lunacy, we can all ascribe to one thing:

The rise of Trump

…Trump has changed that. For antifa, the result has been explosive growth. According to NYC Antifa, the group’s Twitter following nearly quadrupled in the first three weeks of January alone. (By summer, it exceeded 15,000.)t

www.theatlantic.com...

BLASPHEMY!

(Get ready, you just poked the Glorious Leader)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 05:41 AM
link   
a reply to: XAnarchistX

Except, I'm not talking about ideology.

I'm talking about tactics.

Beliefs don't hurt people. Actions do.

Don't act like those you claim to oppose, or you're no better than they are.

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

ANTIFA are closer to the Nazi's then any group they claim to fight. "Believe as I do or I'll bash your face in!", yep, sure sounds like anti fascism to me...

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
just bust up the physical batterrings with wasp spray and elbow gigs......dont hurt the violent ones....they're brothers in the end.

when they are grouped up in a pack like the next door dogs at my house running too wild.....ya just gotta bump the buggers into reality.....let em cool off, but have to know their brothers they hit on.....will not stand still.....like in school.....getting put in your place...

wasp spray in small cans, not the big can....works on wild hogs....
edit on 1-9-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

So according to your logic the allied soldiers in WWII were Nazis because hey used the same war tactics as them?

posted on Sep, 1 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

A) They're Anarchists not AntiFA - Look at the massive Anarchy Flag right in the centre, it's completely unmissable

B) How could Anti Facists be Pro-Nationalists?

C) How is this thread still open when all the OP claims are so patently false and completely ignorant?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Strawman.

But nice try.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Actually, it's not a straw man fallacy. Your post that they were replying too though was the "hasty generalization" fallacy. Ironic that you use a logical fallacy and then try to call out someone else for one they didn't actually use.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

A straw man is proposing and refuting a claim that was never made but you said:

Except, I'm not talking about ideology.

I'm talking about tactics.

Beliefs don't hurt people. Actions do.

Don't act like those you claim to oppose, or you're no better than they are.

You are saying that the tactics make different groups the same even if their ideology is different. That is precisely what I refuted.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

But tactics does not make you a Nazi or an Anti-fascists, so any 'violent tactics' are now Nazi tactics? Police use violent tactics, so you admit American Police are Nazi's, the Military use violent tactics, so you admit the American Military are Nazi's, the state uses violent tactics, so you admit America is based in Nazism

So by your assumption, you have admitted that America is a Nazi country

enter ANTI-fascists

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: poncho1982

LOL, you REALLY need to step back and take a look ant ANTIFA for what they are.

Nazis by another name.

It's not about hate so much as actions.

www.washingtonpost.com...

You can deny it all you want. I see the truth, and so do many others.

Sunday, September 10, 2017

Even as Hurricane IRMA damages the entire state of Florida, ANTIFA is holding violent demonstrations in Portland, Oregon.
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MyHappyDogShiner
I would have to say I would lean on the side of antifa if I were forced to choose.

Not that I agree with all of the message they convey, but the current state of affairs and the current system don't quite seem to work so well as you who have your eyes so firmly closed by your devices and the media seem to realize.

I lost my patriotism in a combat zone. Most of you cannot possibly relate.

Y'all do realize "antifa" is short for "anti-fascism" right?, and fascism is not a good thing?.

I guess if you're anti-anti fascism, you must be pro fascism then?.

...Maybe just really, really confused?...

Forced to choose brother, I am with you. I spent 7 years defending my country.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join