It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body of missing woman found days after killers caught with her 2-day old baby

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
This is a sad and tragic story coming out of Fargo, ND, where an 8-month old pregnant woman, 22-year old Savanna Greywind, went missing last Saturday when she left her apartment to visit a neighbor in the same apartment building. After police searched the apartment soon after she went missing, they found nothing, and then on Thursday, they searched again and found a 2-day old baby. Savannah Greywind was finally found earlier tonight on the Minnesota side of the Red River.

Body of missing Fargo woman, Savanna Greywind, found

About 5:44 p.m. Sunday, the kayakers reported finding a body-sized object wrapped in plastic in the river, hung up on a log near the 90th Avenue Northwest bridge, Fargo Police Chief David Todd told reporters during an impromptu news conference about a quarter mile east of the river in far north Moorhead.

About the same time the kayakers made their discovery, a search party was searching a nearby farmstead, Todd said.

“There are some suspicious items in that farmstead that lead us to believe that that may be a crime scene,” Todd said.

Law enforcement pulled the body from the river about 8:20 p.m., and the body was identified as that of LaFontaine-Greywind about 9:20 p.m., the chief said.

Some seriously twisted people to try to kill this young lady and take her baby and then stay in the same apartment building with the baby...

Family members said that on Aug. 19, LaFontaine-Greywind left the family’s apartment to help an upstairs neighbor who said she needed a model while sewing a dress. But LaFontaine-Greywind never came home.

On Thursday, Aug. 24, police found a healthy, newborn girl in the same neighbor’s apartment.

Police then arrested Brooke Lynn Crews, 38, and William Henry Hoehn, 32, who lived in that apartment. They are being held at the Cass County Jail awaiting formal charges of conspiracy to commit kidnapping, a felony.

At least the baby is doing well and in the care of social services.

Here is a photo of Savanna Greywind at her recent baby shower

Here is a link to a timeline of events...

Recap of key events in the Greywind case

edit on 28-8-2017 by Rezlooper because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Just when I thought Humanity couldn't sink any lower. So, so sad.

I'd imagine that the killer wanted to sell the baby on the Darknet to a pedophile and didn't expect to keep it long.

Thoughts are with the baby and I hope she can be looked after well and raised in love and kindness.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

U may be painting a much darker picture than it is ... theres a actual psycological problem that drives people to kidnape newborns and raise them as there own ... even to the point where women who have never given birth can breastfeed

Im not saying that couldent be the intent but one is well known to happen ... the other normaly involves less murder

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: markovian

U may be painting a much darker picture than it is ... theres a actual psycological problem that drives people to kidnape newborns and raise them as there own ... even to the point where women who have never given birth can breastfeed

Im not saying that couldent be the intent but one is well known to happen ... the other normaly involves less murder

I have to say that it seems there is evidence of either mental problems, stupidity or both in this case.

For a couple to kidnap and murder an expectant mother..... when she lived just downstairs.... and they invited her to their apartment immediately before she disappeared... well, they are either crazy or stupid. I could see the woman to be having a mental problem that would lead to her doing such a thing, but the man was going along with this... he seems to be stupid.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Christ that's so effing unfair for that baby.

Damn some of these people in world make me physically ill.

SHAME!

-Alee

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: markovian

I have to say that it seems there is evidence of either mental problems, stupidity or both in this case.

For a couple to kidnap and murder an expectant mother..... when she lived just downstairs.... and they invited her to their apartment immediately before she disappeared... well, they are either crazy or stupid. I could see the woman to be having a mental problem that would lead to her doing such a thing, but the man was going along with this... he seems to be stupid.

They look like a couple of meth heads or something. They had to be pretty high to do something this stupid cuz there was no way they were going to get away with it, living right there in the same building. It's unreal.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
Christ that's so effing unfair for that baby.

Damn some of these people in world make me physically ill.

SHAME!

-Alee

Yep. Agreed. It's pretty friggin upsetting to know this young gal was about to be a proud momma only to be taken out like this. sad.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

The boyfriend of 6 years, and presumed father of the baby, says they haven't let him see the baby yet until DNA confirms the baby is Savanna's.

They took my world from me, says missing woman's boyfriend

new topics

top topics

join