It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to find stolen item ads deleted from FaceBook marketplace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Hi All,

So as s##tty as it is my car was on the receiving end of a hit and run. About a week later I saw a post in a FaceBook marketplace for my area that listed the smashed up hitrun car for sale, without rego. I didn't realise this was the car until an hour later. When I went back to the page the sellers items were deleted and the profile picture and privacy changed. I think I remember the seller but their profiles all cloistered up now. I contacted the admin who could only find listings that they deleted and not user deleted ones.

Is there any way at all to find this deleted car ad so I can hand the information over to the Police?

Also, FaceBook is f##king s##t to contact. You basically can't contact them at all whatsoever...okay well you can check a few boxes to report things but you never get a reply. In the last few hours of trying to crack this and bring the A-hole to justice, I've found a heap of people in the same boat who have found their stolen items for sale but the sellers post is deleted. F##K you S##tBook!

Please give me good news that I can track this ad down!

posted on Aug, 27 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Facebook only exists because people are too spoiled and lazy to write letters to each other.

Actually, writing letters are the last private communication we have left.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

I have heard of cashed pages/files or something like that. Basically like copies of the internet are made and kept.

I don't know how to access them but some people on here do. I'm sure someone will be along here to point you in the right direction.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Yes, the images and webpages might be in the caches of your web browser. First thing, find where your web browser stores it cache of images and files, immediately take a backup copy - just copy it to another directory or zip/tar it up.

lifehacker.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
Yes, the images and webpages might be in the caches of your web browser. First thing, find where your web browser stores it cache of images and files, immediately take a backup copy - just copy it to another directory or zip/tar it up.

lifehacker.com...

If it is Firefox, enter "about:cache" in the web page link textbox.
"If you're using Internet Explorer, here's what you do.
In the Tools menu, choose Internet Options.
On the General tab, under "Temporary Internet Files," hit the "Settings" button.
From the Settings pop-up, click the "View Files" button. IE will launch an Explorer window into the directory where it stores files in its cache. Browse through them to find your photograph, if it's still there.

posted on Dec, 28 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

a long time ago a man with a dream told me he wanted to start facebook. i told him listen pal no one is going to jump through hoops over such a smarmy title. wow was i ever wrong. they are real people and they have beating hearts the same as us. Mark? Is that his name? I do not believe it was Mark actually. This guy looked much different. so yeah I believe they lie on many levels abut who the real owner is. actually this is the first time I have ever spoken publicly about it. go figure.

top topics

join