It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pardoning Sheriff Joe = Shhh! I'll Pardon You Too!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

But why right now??

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

More validates those already hard core cult of trump conservatives..

He isn't scaring any new people into trumps camp..

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Plotus

You mean compare that to the way every other president has done his pardons...

Obamas were par for the course procedure wise.

And probably didn't include anyone who proclaimed it was an honor to be compared to the KKK either.

m.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Yes indeed. Card carrying dues paying member.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

He told me that the biggest reason to get sheriff Joe out of the fire is to be able to position him as the head of a new federal run police force

Arpaio is long past retirement age. About the only office he can hold is some "elected" position.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Gothmog

No he wasn't...

That is a BS talking point..

He was CONVICTED of telling his guys to card ANYONE who looked Hispanic. The constitution and law says they have to commit a crime , or be suspected of one before a cop can legally ask you for ID...

Hispanic American citizens have the right to refuse to give ID to a police officer , just like everyone else..

Sherrif joe ignored that, and told his guys to just card everyone who looked Hispanic..

An obvious breach of the constitution.

You are correct. They can't just go around saying show me your papers. They have to have a reason.
I don't know if Arizona has a stop and identify law on their books. Once upon a time N.Y. did but the officers were engaging in racial profiling much like Arpaio was demanding and the courts had the law revoked.

www.flexyourrights.org...

In a free society, citizens who are minding their own business are not obligated to “show their papers” to police. In fact, in the United States there’s no law requiring citizens to carry identification of any kind

They must have a good reason to ask for ID

. In Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada, the Supreme Court upheld state laws requiring citizens to reveal their identity when officers have reasonable suspicion to believe criminal activity may be taking place.

And I wonder how well this would have gone over with his posse.

But how can you tell if an officer asking you to identify yourself has reasonable suspicion? Remember, police need reasonable suspicion to detain you. So one way to tell if they have reasonable suspicion is to determine if you’re free to go. You can do this by saying “Excuse me officer. Are you detaining me, or am I free to go?” If the officer says you’re free to go, leave immediately and don’t answer any more questions

edit on 8302017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

If you think that's the way it works, you have never been in an interaction with a police officer...

Good luck thinking "I have rights " will work if your not on camera WHILE sitting next to your lawyer at the judges personal 4th of July BBQ...

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Aside from two traffic violations and reporting suspicious activity at my neighbors home while they were out you are correct I have not had much interaction with law enforcement.
I'd assume if I ask and the officer says I'm free to go I'd be free to you know...go.
But you're right I've never been in a position where a cop would feel the need to detain me or where I might offer resistance to such a request.
When the cop said license and registration I didn't argue with him. LOL.
I also didn't thank him for the ticket when we were done.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

And that is why I included the last content quote and asked how well it would go over with arpaios posse.
I'm on your side.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

Arpaio may be 85 in the body, but he is 20 in the mind. Arpaio can work for another 50 years no probs.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: tannerc

In fifty years there won't be enough to make worm food.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: tannerc

In fifty years there won't be enough to make worm food.

and besides, why would you want to punish the worms?

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Ya can't fault the flesh. The mind is where the poison is.

posted on Aug, 30 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: tannerc
a reply to: AMPTAH

Arpaio may be 85 in the body, but he is 20 in the mind. Arpaio can work for another 50 years no probs.

So, is he like a vampire or something?

I thought he was just a Freemason.

I'm imagining Arpaio and Trump in the back room drinking some blood from some poor missing child victims, holding up their wine glasses to each other, dripping with blood, and saying "Cheers, we did it."

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join