It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump expected to lift ban on military gear to local police forces

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

I 'd say SCOUTS but we we would steal everything too...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

This is fantastic. Do you have any idea of the over-penetration on a 25mm from a Bradley or a 120mm from an M1 (let alone an M-16)? Cops wouldn't have to fear anything anymore (think bad guys in bodyarmor or even their own tanks for that matter), and when they waste the 'bad guys' they also take out another 50+ civilians behind the bad guys (which lets be honest here, they were probably going to be or give birth to criminals anyways, amirite).

I mean with full military equipment cops wouldn't even have to enter buildings to clear them, most of the military assault rifles will go right through all those walls. Cops can blast an apartment building from 200 yards away while sipping their soda's with zero risk. What patriotic American wouldn't want to keep them safe!?

Think of how much less danger cops would have to place themselves in if they could just lob grenades via an underslung grenade launcher! Again, we're probably looking at several dozen splash damage civvie casualties, but that's the price you pay for harboring criminals in your city/town/ghetto.

Following this to its logical conclusion, the US gov has been trying to offload the A-10 for years. Think of how much more use the Avenger cannon could be (not to mention 16,000 lbs of the finest most lethal high explosives American ingenuity can muster) in the hands of our boys in blue!

This is what America is about folks, MAGA!!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Good news for the police then as, under Obama, all they got was the rejects that didn't get sent to the Mexican cartels under operation Fast and Furious!

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
Good news for the police then as, under Obama, all they got was the rejects that didn't get sent to the Mexican cartels under operation Fast and Furious!

This is so true! I would much rather be shot in the face by one of our god fearing boys in blue than by those stinking Mexican Cartels (which I'll have you know are the number 1 cause of death in the universe)! I'm American thru and thru, and I'll be damned if I'm letting some illegal take my life!

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Tank was the wrong word. Armored vehicle I meant.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Cops don't GET bushmaster cannons or ANY explosive ordinance MUCH less an M1 ...DUH
Keep running but leave your stuff ,WE'll split it up and stay.
.308 has been in use since they switched from 30.06s witch have FAR better penetration and are used for hunting.
A .50 cal ISN'T an ASSAULT rife,it's a SNIPER rifle that weighs about 20 lbs or more.
The A-10 is tied up with fighting or enemies if the cops can't hang it's ,martial law.
THE GUARD shows up AND THEY have these things.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Great idea.

The administration's action, first disclosed by USA TODAY, would restore "the full scope of a longstanding program for recycling surplus, lifesaving gear from the Department of Defense, along with restoring the full scope of grants used to purchase this type of equipment from other sources,'' according to a administration summary of the new program recently circulated to some law enforcement groups. "Assets that would otherwise be scrapped can be re-purposed to help state, local and tribal law enforcement better protect public safety and reduce crime."

Everybody against this, please elaborate a tad more why this is a bad idea?

Are you afraid it will be used on you?

A tactical Police team that uses some military equipment is not the same as our military.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
I'm actually okay with this. Will need military weapons to combat the crazy right wingers and their hate protests.

I agree except the Right Wing part. Considering what we all have been seeing, its the alt left we gotta worry about.

I don't fear these punks, I fear when they start using explosives.
edit on 28-8-2017 by Arnie123 because: heh

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kyleplatinum
ex]

Everybody against this, please elaborate a tad more why this is a bad idea?

Are you afraid it will be used on you?

A tactical Police team that uses some military equipment is not the same as our military.

Let me answer you rhetorically.

Are you aware that police undertake such actions as No-knock warrants? Are you aware that many of these end up with dead innocent civilians? Do you think the aforementioned action would result in less or more deaths if the cops have even more lethal ordinance than they do now?

Do you think giving the police a greater capacity to kill will result in more innocent civilian deaths or less?

I can totally sympathize with police officers wanting to be Robo-Cop: Impervious to all harm, with the capability of ending 100 lives in an instant if they feel threatened. Who wouldn't want to play god?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Step right up, see the amazing Arnie123 - the only man completely impervious (and unafraid) of a Dodge Charger!

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
a reply to: Arnie123

Step right up, see the amazing Arnie123 - the only man completely impervious (and unafraid) of a Dodge Charger!
I've been hit by multiple vehicles walking to work growing up, serious? naw., to include an LMTV. Yes, I literally don't fear a speeding car coming towards me.

Either you react or you're dead.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I would like to say ,WHEN the police in Texas resorted to an explosive robot ,it was to preserve life alone ,they were against a vet.
AND not a very GOOD one at that.
If your forces are outclassed by a dangerous combatant I can see explosives in use as a last resort,but THAT doesn't meant Barnie will NOT be popping GOLD DOMES on gangs,in chicago from a M203.
edit on 28-8-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

The same could be said for just about any weapon. Hellfire missile, 50 cal, grenade, etc.

I take it you are unafraid of all of those as well?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

OOOO, react AND CAPTURE ...LOVE 1970 Chargers!

If you want to walk your life that way ,go ahead ,thinking wrong information like that,Troopers who took enemy fire are less worried than you BY FAR.
Gangs are ALL lesser combatants to vets.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

I'm sorry I can't really parse what you're saying here.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

What you expressed is NOT correct.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

What you expressed is NOT correct.

Which Part? I'm reeling from such thorough analysis and insight.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Great idea. We should make the steroids free for them, too.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

originally posted by: Arnie123

The same could be said for just about any weapon. Hellfire missile, 50 cal, grenade, etc.

I take it you are unafraid of all of those as well?
lol, I'm sorry, did you think the police will have access to those weapons? lmfao

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join