It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump expected to lift ban on military gear to local police forces

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

To be accurate though, I do not seek to be rich, but to abolish the monetary systems and classes etc

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

My side matters enough for everyone to be so "Triggered" by it

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Our police should not look like our military. There are many countries that have that program and they are all third world countries. There has already been a case where some yahoo cops decided to chase down a car in what looked like a tank to give a ticket for of all things. They flipped them the bird.

If the police acted as professional as the military instead of going on power trips then things would be different, but they seem to love to intimidate the public and giving them heavy artillery is a recipe for disaster.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Finally that dimwit is doing something right you go Donnie!!! Time for me to get in touch with some of my buddies on the force and become a volunteer cop. I've always wanted a missile defense system for the back yard it'll help with the mosquitoes.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

You would make an excellent PC Cop man!

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blender5L

You would make an excellent PC Cop man!

Well I would try my best. And for those who aren't PC well that's what the cattle prod is for that and the pepper spray.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Can I be your 1st Deputy?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
For all those against local police having access to military hand me downs, try for just a second to put yourself in their shoes. Let me help... let's say for example your a police officer and you are responding to a call of an active shooter in a building and there is already an officer down. All you have is a pistol, hand me down soft body armor (some departments can't afford new body armor) and a button up shirt and dress pants. You bet your ass you'd wish you had level 4 body armor and a tank to roll up in.

Or how about dealing with little cry baby protester throwing # at you when it's your friday.

It's usually the criminals that don't want tougher police.

Everyone talks # about the police until they are a victim. Then all of a sudden they are on the phone dialing 911 begging for an officer to respond. Trust me, you'll be in that situation atleast one time in your life. I'd sguest showing appreciation, because the time you might need help, they might just say # it.

And by the way I am in federal law enforcement where we have access to the military surplus. Trust me when I say I've never had a chance to get a hand me down jet, tank or rocket launcher. Pretty much the coolest things ive seen are leathermans, ruck sacks, sleeping bags and a 5 ton cargo truck if your lucky.
edit on 28-8-2017 by mpol0717 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: mpol0717
For all those against local police having access to military hand me downs, try for just a second to put yourself in their shoes. Let me help... let's say for example your a police officer and you are responding to a call of an active shooter in a building and there is already an officer down. All you have is a pistol, hand me down soft body armor (some departments can't afford new body armor) and a button up shirt and dress pants. You bet your ass you'd wish you had level 4 body armor and a tank to roll up in.

Or how about dealing with little cry baby protester throwing # at you when it's your friday.

Everyone talks # about the police until they are a victim. Then all of a sudden they are on the phone dialing 911 begging for an officer to respond. Trust me, you'll be in that situation atleast one time in your life. I'd sguest showing appreciation, because the time you might need help, they might just say # it.

And by the way I am in federal law enforcement where we have access to the military surplus. Trust me when I say I've never had a chance to get a hand me down jet, tank or rocket launcher. Pretty much the coolest things ive seen are leathermans, ruck sacks, sleeping bags and a 5 ton cargo truck if your lucky.

Its about balance, yes cops have a hard job but there is a fine line being tread.

Should the cops have had more weaponry to take care of this heinous criminal...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:18 AM
link   

I believe the finer line is between the cops and criminals. Take away the sheep dog's teeth and here comes the wolves. What do you think deters criminals from breaking down your door and murdering your family? Not you.

Just imagine if every single police interaction ever was recorded and put on youtube. You would be sifting a very long time before you found a bad one. The Internet is where people come to post negativity, not the oposite.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   

m.youtube.com...

Do you think this officer deserved better equipment?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mpol0717

Violent crime is decreasing and has been steadily decreasing in the western world.

The cops do not need bigger weapons.

You are falling for the lies, wake up.

edit on 28-8-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Why do you suppose it's decreasing?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

You're telling me to wake up??? If you could see the # I've seen, you wouldn't sleep for weeks. Trust me, evil is still there and waiting.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

It's like anything else. In the right hands, nothing is wrong with it.

I'd use it in Chicago!

But we've got corruption in our political system and that would extend to the cops.

I really don't like giving those in authority that much fire power.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: seasonal

I think this is a bad idea.

Police aren't military and military ain't police.

Armor stops rocks. If they didn't have to go to radical Left riots where great bodily harm is projected at them, they wouldn't need armor. The Hillary lost crying jag can't last forever but in the mean time, what's wrong with armor?

Hahahahahahah "but Hillary," lol get OVER her already ffs

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mpol0717

Local police don't need tanks.

You serious?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blender5L

Can I be your 1st Deputy?

Sure you can be my 1st Deputy. It will be your job to put psychedelics in the bullets we shoot people with that way we can claim they were on drugs and we had to defend ourselves.
edit on 6980000003531America/ChicagoMon, 28 Aug 2017 10:45:35 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Giving Leo's military gear without military training is a bad idea.

I do think when trump loses the next presidential election there will not be a peacefull transition of power. He wants to fight the civil war over so the"right" side wins this time. Imo

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

All I will say is that, generally speaking, it's a good idea in a free society for people other than the military to have access to military-syle weapons (again, I said "generally speaking").

With that in mind, I don't necessarily hate this idea of repurposing military equipment (better than sending it to the Middle East) and recouping some of the federal money spent on it (yes, apparently by using local money, but still), but it must be done responsibly. It's not the tool that is the problem, it's the person/people wielding the tool. If he reopens the ability to purchase said equipment, it should come with some sort of limitations as to how/when it could be used...as with anything, when you choose to do business with the government, there are always strings attached.

The strings on these items should be fairly limiting.

If I had to take a die-hard stance, though, I'd side on the decision Obama made, as it purposefully forces limited ability for cities to have militarized police forces.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join